Dumbarton vs East Fife

Dumbarton vs East Fife  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, a number of questions to be asked here, but I feel the most important question cannot go unanswered, therefore, I have added a poll to this thread.  Vote now.

As for the game, f**k knows what we'll see, I just hope we see players giving everything and hopefully some organisation. Would be nice if we scored some more goals than East Fife too, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I must say though, after watching Duffy's interviews yesterday, I just want it to be Saturday, I am buzzing to see that shiny, baldy head in the home dug-out barking out orders.

Pre-match in Bar '72 we'll have @squeezeboxson filling the room with some wonderful traditional Scottish music, get yourselves down for a pint and a jig! I'm waiting for confirmation if away fans are allowed in this weekend, will keep you Fifers posted.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit I'm also buzzing for this, for the first time in what seems like years.

East Fife are in ridiculously good form so I'm certainly not expecting a win but I am expecting a major improvement on what we've seen so far this season.

I have absolutely no idea what sort of system Duffy will deploy and what players he'll start but I'm looking forward to seeing how he sets us up. I'd like to think with us being at home he'll set us up to be positive.

This has the Ingredients to be a cracker! We will be seeking revenge after losing opening game of the season (quite easily) but much has changed since then! Dumbarton will be hoping to impress the new manager and of course when a team wins 8 in a row as we have done I'm sure it will give our opponents extra motivation to knock us down a peg or 2! C'mon the Fife!

Should be an interesting one. The 'Duffy factor' throws in an interesting element that we could probably have done without. With the form we're on then we'd obviously have been looking at this one as a great opportunity to make it 9 wins in a row and really keep the pressure up on Arbroath and Raith. Whilst Duffy's unlikely to fix all of Dumbarton's problems immediately, there's obviously the chance of a 'new manager bounce' in terms of confidence and effort from the Dumbarton players and we'll have to be very wary of that and maintain the professional approach we've taken in the past two months to every game.

The first game of the season must feel like a long time ago for both sets of supporters and we've gone on very different trajectories since then. Dumbarton have obviously had injury problems but my impression is that they have a good few talented players who are more than capable of hurting teams in this league but seem very soft and possibly disjointed at the back. If Dumbarton want to take something from this, I've no doubt we're going to make you work a hell of a lot harder for it than you had to at Bayview.

As far as our line up goes then I imagine we'll stick with the same team from back to midfield and we'll just have to wait and see what front pair Young goes with. I've got a feeling in my bones this could be a game for Currie & Smith, especially since that pair really threatened to rip Dumbarton apart limb from limb before Smith went off injured in the last game.

Long

Watson - Dunlop - Meggatt - Slattery

Dunsmore - Davidson - Agnew - Watt

Currie - Smith

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Mark Docherty still injured? Would've been good to see him back at the Rock.

Nope. He's back to fitness. Just unlucky for him that he came back in the middle of our best run in almost 60 years. Our strikers are rotating but everyone else is having to wait for a knock to get a start at the moment.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Yep. Been absolutely fantastic for us.

He's a tremendous player. If he had a wee bit more of a right-foot he'd probably have spent a good chunk of time in top league.

Anyway, like BBPF I'm really excited for this. I had a wee bit of a buzz before the game on Saturday that I haven't had for a while, and this should be a level up from that. Also feels like absolutely ages since we last had a home game. I've no idea how Duffman will set us up, but hopefully it doesn't involve long balls to tiny strikers. 

I liked the fluidity of the shape that we played at the weekend, and Dom Thomas was absolutely superb. Looking forward to seeing more of him in action. Obviously our injury situation is unknown, but I'd like to see us go with something like this.

New Keeper

Cammy Ballantyne Andy Dowie Scott Allardice Willie Dyer

Ross Forbes Kyle Hutton Brad Spencer Dom Thomas

Calum Gallagher Iain Russell

The centre defence is a massive area of concern. In fact, Ballantyne aside, the whole defence is. Dowie and Allardice seem like a better option than including Perry though...not that, that says much about either player.

I thought big Kyle Hutton had a decent game at the weekend. He's obviously not the most mobile, but he covered far more ground than usual and his use of the ball was alright. Actually had a better game than Carsy, so he gets the nod there. 

Feel a wee bit bad about dropping Bobby Barr, but Forbes will 100% come in under a man who can get the best out of him. Ballantyne and him should compliment each other really nicely. 

Up top Beany got a goal and was a bit of a nuisance at the weekend, which was good to see. Calum Gallagher should start every game he's fit for.

Our first game against Dumbarton was one of the weirdest games I've ever seen, from the kick off it was like watching Barca as we cut them open with wave after wave of attack, King Kev and RC19 looking like they were well up for it, then Kev got injured after around 20 minutes and that was that. It was like watching two different teams in the same half, we went from Barcelona to Cowdenbeath in a matter of seconds!!!
Dumbarton scored from a couple of corners (I think) and that was that, they didn't have to try too hard for their victory!!!
We really, really should win this and I'm not saying that to be disrespectful to the Sons but because we ARE playing so well!!!
Our biggest fear has to be complacency, I haven't seen any signs of it yet, but human nature and all that...

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Well, a number of questions to be asked here, but I feel the most important question cannot go unanswered, therefore, I have added a poll to this thread.  Vote now.

Duffy's Darlings (formerly Aitken's Army) are demanding to know why 'birthday' is not a voting option.

To be honest, I’m not expecting a miraculous turnaround in fortunes over the next few weeks, unless everyone mysteriously declares themselves fit again, but I’m interested to see who goes and who comes in and goes out during the January transfer window

2 hours ago, optimistic said:

To be honest, I’m not expecting a miraculous turnaround in fortunes over the next few weeks, unless everyone mysteriously declares themselves fit again, but I’m interested to see who goes and who comes in and goes out during the January transfer window

Agreed, the defence is a mess and won’t be fixed overnight. I think there’s enough in the squad going forward to see some encouragement though.

Archived