Can you decipher this handwriting?

Lofarl

Mind a few weeks back when a wee boy wanted a letter send to heaven for his dads birthday?  Well I found it and made sure management would take care of it.  I was glad I didn’t have to deal with the stuff he did.  He was getting phonecalls, newspapers wanting to speak to him etc.  But I was mentioned in the Royal mails own paper.  Anyone who is or was a postie gets it  So this is where he’s read it.

From what I can read he wants me to sign the newspaper clipping and send it back to him.  But the rest of the handwriting escapes me.  So I’m turning to P&B to see if anyone can translate it into something legible.  Because then I can write him something back because I’m a nice guy and I’ve 360 odd days to get in next years honours list.  Have any P&Brs ever wrote a letter to a complete stranger or found letter to heaven?

D15A6C35-A7D9-4170-997D-579A40E18BFC.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Mind a few weeks back when a wee boy wanted a letter send to heaven for his dads birthday?  Well I found it and made sure management would take care of it.  I was glad I didn’t have to deal with the stuff he did.  He was getting phonecalls, newspapers wanting to speak to him etc.  But I was mentioned in the Royal mails own paper.  Anyone who is or was a postie gets it  So this is where he’s read it.

From what I can read he wants me to sign the newspaper clipping and send it back to him.  But the rest of the handwriting escapes me.  So I’m turning to P&B to see if anyone can translate it into something legible.  Because then I can write him something back because I’m a nice guy and I’ve 360 odd days to get in next years honours list.  Have any P&Brs ever wrote a letter to a complete stranger or found letter to heaven?

TL ; DR

Should really have written back to the wee guy telling him Santa doesn't exist and tell him as well he should have a new dad within six months as his mummy will wetter than Whitney Houston's last joint pretty soon and all's well that ends well.

Should really have written back to the wee guy telling him Santa doesn't exist and tell him as well he should have a new dad within six months as his mummy will wetter than Whitney Houston's last joint pretty soon and all's well that ends well.

Maybe get the wee guy to construct a sentence for you.

27 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

When you try to come out with a bit of witty patter but are actually a trembling jakey, so make a total c**t of it

8 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

No way a little boy wrote that.

It’s not a little boy it’s some old man that’s wrote it.  I probably should have made that clearer.  It’s a retired old guy that’s read the story in the Royal Mail own newspaper.  

I am writing and enclosing a cutting to see if you would sign it for me.

I collect these of special stories for a hobby which are for my own personal collection. I have had this hobby for over 60 years of collecting autographs and you can be assured that the cutting would be well kept within my collection.

I did read the story in the pages and at the same time I thought what a wonderful story. In fact I read it when I was in the town centre and I showed it to the lady who was sitting next to me and I said to her, just read this wonderful story and after reading it she said what a story.

Myself I was a fast man (walking) from 1968-2002 before retiring and I enjoyed my job as a postman and mail mans friend and at Christmas time to see the joy on the faces of the children when they laugh.

Well done. Also could you and manager Sean Millison of ? sign as well. Thanks I'm sending S.A.E. ? ?.

Yours sincerely  Tom Haseldine

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I collect these of special stories for a hobby which are for my own personal collection. I have had this hobby for over 60 years of collecting autographs and you can be ? ? that the cutting would be well kept within my collection.

I only read the story in the pages and at the same time I thought what a wonderful story. In fact I read it when I was in the town centre and I showed it to the lady who was sitting next to me and I said to her, just read this wonderful story and after reading it she said what a story.

Myself I was a fast man (walking) from 1968-2002 before retiring and I enjoyed my job as a postman and mail mans friend and at Christmas time to see the joy on the faces of the children when they laugh.

Well done. Also could you and manager Sean Millison ? ? ? as well. Thanks I'm sending S.A.E. ? ?.

Top man.

I collect these of special stories for a hobby which are for my own personal collection. I have had this hobby for over 60 years of collecting autographs and you can be assured that the cutting would be well kept within my collection.

I only read the story in the paper and at the same time I thought what a wonderful story. In fact I read it when I was in the town centre and I showed it to the lady who was sitting next to me and I said to her, just read this wonderful story and after reading it she said what a story.

Myself I was a postman (walking) from 1969-2002 before retiring and I enjoyed my job as a postman and made many friends and at Christmas time to see the joy on the faces of the children when they received their cards.

Well done. Also could you ask manager Sean Milligan if he could sign as well. Thanks I'm sending S.A.E. for return.

Good job, D.A.........made a couple of tweaks. [emoji2]

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Also could you and manager Sean Millison of ? sign as well. Thanks I'm sending S.A.E. ? ?.

Also could you ask manager Sean Millison if he could sign as well. Thanks I'm sending SAE for return.

I frequently need to decipher this sort of stuff through work, written by pre-typewriter ****s that have almost certainly kicked the bucket by now (and have therefore avoided a beating).  Lucky dip example below:

scan.JPG.a3ff5877a8a7663e1faf321b29921ce5.JPG

Eta: seems I was beaten to the first bit, dang.

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Also could you ask manager Sean Millison if he could sign as well. Thanks I'm sending SAE for return.

I frequently need to decipher this sort of stuff through work by pre-typewriter ****s that have most likely kicked the bucket (and have therefore avoided a beating).  Lucky dip example below:

scan.JPG.a3ff5877a8a7663e1faf321b29921ce5.JPG

Eta: was beaten to the first bit, dang.

Glad to help 

B9B0710C-02A1-41F9-9256-7D26A2B4434C.jpeg

Dear Colin McPhillips,

Many thanks for your letter and for returning the cutting which you signed for me and also asking Sean Milligan if he would sign it for me. 

Once again you can be assured the cutting will be well kept within my collection. Also thanks for ? on the cutting when you are both?. I enjoyed my hobby and my grandson who is 28 promised he would look after them in the ?.

On reading your story in the paper some people stopped me and asked me if I had read your story and said ? me 91 must be a joy it brings joy to others in everyday working.

I ? found working as a postman (walking) was a satisfying job especially at Christmas time.

9/5 time what you said working as a postal worker gives a ? ? the local community and they often ask us what we ? and if by giving them the answer we being joy to them.

One thing the little boy will never forget is what you did for him and others he ? ? will tell many ? of what you did and often give thanks for your kindness.

Once again many thanks for returning the cutting and ? you all within the office a happy new year.

Best wishes Tom Haseldine.

Also pass thanks to Sean Milligan.

Archived