TTGJ’s XI v King Snake McKinnon’s XI: The Hounding/Shame Game Crossover

22 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

We've now arrived at the business end of the season. A win on Friday and we go a massive 11 points ahead of Falkirk with 9 games remaining. This would keep Falkirk mired in a relegation battle with us looking at a top 4 finish.

Noticed Falkirk's last two games of the season are against Dundee Utd and Ross County. Don't see them getting maximum points there. If they haven't pulled away from the relegation zone before these games it could prove costly.

We don't really need to change much from last night as the system and formation worked. We controlled the game and made chances. 

I would bring in Kiltie for Dallas and Miller for McAlister if he's injured.  Tidser and Lyons looked a good partnership in midfield, so would give them another outing.

I suppose you could look at a Thomson Kiltie partnership up top if McHugh is injured also. Thought both of them looked lively when they came on.

Looking forward to Friday... bring it on! 

On the other hand a win against you on Friday and a win with our game in hand against RC takes you back into the mire with a 2 point gap, whats your point caller ?

sshot.JPG

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

On the other hand a win against you on Friday and a win with our game in hand against RC takes you back into the mire with a 2 point gap, whats your point caller ?

sshot.JPG

Exactly. High stakes and all to play for!

The relegation dogfight i think will go all the way to last game of the season though for some reason i am beginning to think its going to to be Partick Thistle and QotS and not Alloa as expected, (living in hope that our upturn in fortune continues though)

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The relegation dogfight i think will go all the way to last game of the season though for some reason i am beginning to think its going to to be Partick Thistle and QotS and not Alloa as expected, (living in hope that our upturn in fortune continues though)

As mentioned it's the business end of the season. Points are everything now.

Queens are on a dreadful run at the moment. They have Dobbie though and he can make a difference.

Partick are inconsistent and you can't rule them out of being in the bottom two come the end of the season

Alloa keep pulling results out the hat. So good chance of avoiding bottom slot

Falkirk have been on a great run. Can they sustain that until the end of the season? 

3 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

As mentioned it's the business end of the season. Points are everything now.

Queens are on a dreadful run at the moment. They have Dobbie though and he can make a difference.

Partick are inconsistent and you can't rule them out of being in the bottom two come the end of the season

Alloa keep pulling results out the hat. So good chance of avoiding bottom slot

Falkirk have been on a great run. Can they sustain that until the end of the season? 

That's the thing looking at that league table just now from 5th down to the bottom all it takes is for 2 bad results (Fifers) and in some cases 1 for someone and that is it your back in the relegation mix.

20 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

That's the thing looking at that league table just now from 5th down to the bottom all it takes is for 2 bad results (Fifers) and in some cases 1 for someone and that is it your back in the relegation mix.

The opposite is also the case. A few weeks ago I thought Dunfermline were on a slippery slope but now they're looking upwards at a genuinely achievable play off spot.

2 wins in a row is absolutely huge in this league

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

We've now arrived at the business end of the season. A win on Friday and we go a massive 11 points ahead of Falkirk with 9 games remaining. This would keep Falkirk mired in a relegation battle with us looking at a top 4 finish.

Noticed Falkirk's last two games of the season are against Dundee Utd and Ross County. Don't see them getting maximum points there. If they haven't pulled away from the relegation zone before these games it could prove costly.

We don't really need to change much from last night as the system and formation worked. We controlled the game and made chances. 

I would bring in Kiltie for Dallas and Miller for McAlister if he's injured.  Tidser and Lyons looked a good partnership in midfield, so would give them another outing.

I suppose you could look at a Thomson Kiltie partnership up top if McHugh is injured also. Thought both of them looked lively when they came on.

Looking forward to Friday... bring it on! 

All because you beat the team who previously had 4 straight defeats against 3 of the teams who occupied one of the bottom 2 spots and indeed by all accounts losing the plot.

Dundee Utd and Ross County will have either sewn up the league(County) or more than enough finished 2nd with 10pts or so above 3rd(United) so both will be in dont give a fuk mode or resting players for the play offs, whereas playing both in the next few weeks will be more serious business

Controlling a game where one team played with 7 or 8 defenders and played for a draw, yet took a set piece goal with 5 mins to go, have things sunk that bad where any slither of praise is given out.

Hopefully TIdser is respectful and claps both set of supporters on Friday 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

All because you beat the team who previously had 4 straight defeats against 3 of the teams who occupied one of the bottom 2 spots and indeed by all accounts losing the plot.

Dundee Utd and Ross County will have either sewn up the league(County) or more than enough finished 2nd with 10pts or so above 3rd(United) so both will be in dont give a fuk mode or resting players for the play offs, whereas playing both in the next few weeks will be more serious business

Controlling a game where one team played with 7 or 8 defenders and played for a draw, yet took a set piece goal with 5 mins to go, have things sunk that bad where any slither of praise is given out.

What a boring post

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

All because we have the points on the board. We add to that with a follow up win and we have a realistic chance to challenge for 4th spot. 

You may or may not start pulling away from the relegation zone. But you're running out of games to do that unless you go on a run now.

If it goes to the wire you have two very difficult games against the two top teams in the league.  I think you'll be surprised if either team throws in the towel in those games. Players playing for contracts etc will ensure they won't.

If you don't win on Friday you will have 9 games left and the last 2 games will be very difficult if you're looking for maximum points. 

Anything can happen and probably will.... 

All because we have the points on the board. We add to that with a follow up win and we have a realistic chance to challenge for 4th spot. 
You may or may not start pulling away from the relegation zone. But you're running out of games to do that unless you go on a run now.
If it goes to the wire you have two very difficult games against the two top teams in the league.  I think you'll be surprised if either team throws in the towel in those games. Players playing for contracts etc will ensure they won't.
If you don't win on Friday you will have 9 games left and the last 2 games will be very difficult if you're looking for maximum points. 

We’re already on a run mate. Unbeaten in 6 with three wins and three draws.....

47 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Points on board is always key but to suggest back to back wins after a snotterfest v QoS and on the back of 1 win in 7 shows how fickle football fans can be.

Utd have around 40+ players, are you suggesting they will play their strongest team, knowing they have a play off game in 2 games time ?

County will get the trophy the week afore they come to Falkirk and will have their sunglasses and flip flops on

I am hoping the results at that point wont matter but Id rather play both Utd and County in the last two games than when it matters, doesnt equal a result for us but there wont be that 110% in them to get a result.

We will have 10 games after Friday to get a dozen or so points or more of which I am confident with the manager we have in place to do so, though not underestimating the job JJ has done for Morton !!!

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I think your looking at your form guide wrong mate it should look like this your second bottom not second top as far as form goes:
image.thumb.png.48a9a23d8f94689a73b8b769d52c07be.png

I appreciate you have been on a good run. But that good run has only got you to 9th place on the same points as bottom club Partick.

You now have to go on another good run to get you away from the relegation zone altogether. But you don't have room for manoeuvre with so little games left, and the last two games are with the top two teams.

If you have a dip in form between now and the end of the season (and of course this applies to other teams too) then all of a sudden you are in must win games and all the pressure that brings.

14 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I appreciate you have been on a good run. But that good run has only got you to 9th place on the same points as bottom club Partick.

You now have to go on another good run to get you away from the relegation zone altogether. But you don't have room for manoeuvre with so little games left, and the last two games are with the top two teams.

If you have a dip in form between now and the end of the season (and of course this applies to other teams too) then all of a sudden you are in must win games and all the pressure that brings.

I think we've got the players now to sustain the run we are on til the end of the season (I'm not saying we'll go unbeaten or anything like that, but we could average say 2 pts  a game). The results over the last 6 games have generally reflected the performances which has been a huge improvement on the first half of the season. You are right, we will need to continue our run to ensure we pull away from trouble, but if you look where we were 6 games ago I am optimistic this can be achieved Screenshot_2019-02-27-15-18-46.thumb.png.67b475fde5d77d6c1a9b7760e582031d.png

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think we've got the players now to sustain the run we are on til the end of the season (I'm not saying we'll go unbeaten or anything like that, but we could average say 2 pts  a game). The results over the last 6 games have generally reflected the performances which has been a huge improvement on the first half of the season. You are right, we will need to continue our run to ensure we pull away from trouble, but if you look where we were 6 games ago I am optimistic this can be achieved Screenshot_2019-02-27-15-18-46.thumb.png.67b475fde5d77d6c1a9b7760e582031d.png

When you think back on that outstanding run St Mirren had in 2016/17 remember they only avoided the relegation play off place on goal difference.

Sitting in the bottom two going into March leaves no room for error no matter how good a run of form you have been on up till now.

1 minute ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Fucking hell, I hope the game's better than this fucking dreadful thread, the Morton boys on here are certainly a collective of utter dullards.

Got to give them credit they got their first win in 6 last night, surely top 4 form :rolleyes:

If we keep the team selection as per last night's game, we will be fine.  The recent poor run with 2 points from 5 games is largely due to Tidser spending so much time sitting on the bench.  The improvement in the whole team last night was obvious.  We need a creative midfielder, particularly as our strikers aren't terribly good.  Although Bob should be good for a goal on Friday.

5 minutes ago, Alibi said:

If we keep the team selection as per last night's game, we will be fine.  The recent poor run with 2 points from 5 games is largely due to Tidser spending so much time sitting on the bench.  The improvement in the whole team last night was obvious.  We need a creative midfielder, particularly as our strikers aren't terribly good.  Although Bob should be good for a goal on Friday.

Think Bob's injured :(

Archived