Jump to content

Kazakhstan V Scotland


Enigma

Recommended Posts

Seems to be bit of a common occurrence in his displays with Scotland. Assuming he isn't like this at club level? 
Just watched the highlights back, cannot get over how bad the defending was.  


As far as I am aware he gets rave reviews for villa. Could be wrong
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

This is one of the most biased things I’ve read on here, you’re better than that. 

It would be if it wasn't absolutely spot on. 

It's true Boyd didn't play that often away in Europe or away to Celtic for Rangers but that was  a tactical decision due to Boyd being unable to play the lone frontman role.

Surely Boyd has done enough to prove that he is a very competent finisher? 

It wasn't as if he was being kept out of the team by a Dalglish. When Scotland needed a goal Iwelumo was brought on in front of him and i believe Fletcher was the other. Neither were out and out goal scorers. 

The manager made it clear that he simply didn't rate Boyd that highly. Not the best example of man management and to talk that way about the top goal scorer in the SPL was poor.

Boyd could have handled it better himself but hes never come across as that bright. 

Seems to me those having a go at Boyd for retiring from International football are the same supporters who simply didn't rate him that highly in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

 


As far as I am aware he gets rave reviews for villa. Could be wrong

 

He does. I know a couple of Villa lads and they are delighted with him. 

You don't want to know what they think of our national manager ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gusty said:

It would be if it wasn't absolutely spot on. 

It's true Boyd didn't play that often away in Europe or away to Celtic for Rangers but that was  a tactical decision due to Boyd being unable to play the lone frontman role.

Surely Boyd has done enough to prove that he is a very competent finisher? 

It wasn't as if he was being kept out of the team by a Dalglish. When Scotland needed a goal Iwelumo was brought on in front of him and i believe Fletcher was the other. Neither were out and out goal scorers. 

The manager made it clear that he simply didn't rate Boyd that highly. Not the best example of man management and to talk that way about the top goal scorer in the SPL was poor.

Boyd could have handled it better himself but hes never come across as that bright. 

Seems to me those having a go at Boyd for retiring from International football are the same supporters who simply didn't rate him that highly in the first place.

Again, you're just using examples of a manager making bad decisions to justify him walking away from Scotland altogether. It's shitebag behaviour.

It happens to players all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gusty said:

It would be if it wasn't absolutely spot on. 

It's true Boyd didn't play that often away in Europe or away to Celtic for Rangers but that was  a tactical decision due to Boyd being unable to play the lone frontman role.

Surely Boyd has done enough to prove that he is a very competent finisher? 

It wasn't as if he was being kept out of the team by a Dalglish. When Scotland needed a goal Iwelumo was brought on in front of him and i believe Fletcher was the other. Neither were out and out goal scorers. 

The manager made it clear that he simply didn't rate Boyd that highly. Not the best example of man management and to talk that way about the top goal scorer in the SPL was poor.

Boyd could have handled it better himself but hes never come across as that bright. 

Seems to me those having a go at Boyd for retiring from International football are the same supporters who simply didn't rate him that highly in the first place.

Boyd walked out on his country because he took the huff, can spin it any way you want, but that's a fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The first one he would have been fucked if he kept coming out, it would have left an easy lob. As it turned out he ended up fucked by backtracking as it left him off balance. The finish was tremendous. I'd have said Bain was at fault, but less at fault than Shinnie for playing the boy onside, and the midfield for giving the boy who played the pass all the time in the world to do it.

Second one I agree with you above, Bain could have done better, but Shinnie should never have let the ball get in behind him, and again, the midfield gave their player all the time he could have dreamed of to pick the pass.

Third one I think you are being a tad harsh on Bain. It was a simple ball across that should have been meat and drink to McKenna. He is the only one to blame for both misjudging the flight of the ball and not putting a challenge in on the attacker.

McKenna was marking the guy in front. Shinnie let his man go and it was too late for McKenna to adjust. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, woof! said:

McKenna was marking the guy in front. Shinnie let his man go and it was too late for McKenna to adjust. 

Will need to watch it again. Missed most of the replays as I went straight to the bar as it went in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for Shinnie, he has been a very good full back in the past but he’s played there maybe once or twice in about three years. You can’t just automatically regain all your positional sense etc basically overnight. It’s a completely different position to CM, obviously, and it feels like he was hung out to dry.

Aside from that the team picked didn’t look bad. All this chat about McTominay needed to be a “keystone/anchor” in the midfield is hindsight, revolutionary nonsense for me. McGregor is more than capable of playing that role against Kazakhstan with two very mobile players in the midfield with him. He gets the ball and moves it quickly, exactly what you want from someone in that type of game. Yes he has work to do on his defensive side of the game but he was brilliant there for Celtic in a spell. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but has Burke even been close to the squads recently? He comes to Celtic and does okay playing up top so we recall him and play him out wide. What’s changed from all those other squads he’s been overlooked for? In a wide area nothing at all. He’s a donkey imo. 

Bain isn’t good enough. Dundee fans will tell you all you need to know. Yes he’s good with his feet and an exceptional shot stopper but his overall game isn’t good enough. Has Marshall retired? Even to have an older head alongside him in the squad would make sense. 

All in all that team should have been good enough and the blame lies with the manager. McLeish is a good guy, I know that as fact, but he needs binned. Every media outing is embarrassing. He waffles, talks nonsense and generally speaks like his audience have a poor grasp of English so he wants to talk slow but still wants to try and sound smart. He says thing like “that’s me getting a bit technical for you” when talking about simplistic things. There’s no way he can set that team up and inspire confidence, the guy isn’t up to it and neees taken out the spotlight - for his own sake as well. 

We wont finish top two now so get a new manager in and give him the Cyprus game as his first out. If Clarke doesn’t want it then go left field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Boyd walked out on his country because he took the huff, can spin it any way you want, but that's a fact.

I am not trying to spin it anyway. I do say Boyd could have handled it better himself but at the end of the day the manager didn't rate him and from what i remember not many of the Scotland support rated him either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, woof! said:

McKenna was marking the guy in front. Shinnie let his man go and it was too late for McKenna to adjust. 

He still shouldn't be getting out jumped by a player half his height.

Again, though, not one of Bain or Shinnie seemed to make him aware of what was happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He still shouldn't be getting out jumped by a player half his height.

Again, though, not one of Bain or Shinnie seemed to make him aware of what was happening.

The ball was already in the air and he was on a different man. It wasn’t his fault.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gusty said:

I am not trying to spin it anyway. I do say Boyd could have handled it better himself but at the end of the day the manager didn't rate him and from what i remember not many of the Scotland support rated him either

So you're saying it yourself.

He walked out because a manager didn't rate him. Shitebag behaviour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

A guy from Perth, really? haha!

I'll actually be in the boozer drinking pints for it, nice try fanny baws!

Tbf Perth >>>>> Greenock. Stunned there would be any doubt about that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So you're saying it yourself.

He walked out because a manager didn't rate him. Shitebag behaviour.

What is the point in  turning up if you know for a fact the manager doesn't rate you and even when he needs you to do what you can do better than anyone else in the squad he still isn't going to play you ? 

The fault lies mostly with the manager that didn't play him. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...