PFA Team of the Season

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t have County players hogging all the spots now, can we?

Tbh I’m surprised Mullin wasn’t included. Doran has been great maybe the last two months at best so I would’ve personally had Mullin ahead of Doran

4 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Am I just too harsh on Scott Fox then? Or was this division suffering from a lack of goalies?

Was probably a toss up between him, Ridgers and Doohan but went with him as he won the league.  Those 3 would be interchangeable as the best IMO.

Am I just too harsh on Scott Fox then? Or was this division suffering from a lack of goalies?

I think he’s been terrific. He’s been the difference in several games, including the Highland derby and the Dundee United draw.

He’s also been relatively free on injuries, and is much better physical shape than he was last season.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Was probably a toss up between him, Ridgers and Doohan but went with him as he won the league.  Those 3 would be interchangeable as the best IMO.

McCrorie is a comfortably better goalkeeper than that flapping mess Doohan, though perhaps only half a season playing at this level counted against him. 

Glad Ross County fans are also mystified by Fraser's inclusion as he's looked like an absolute haddy whenever I've seen him. Simply wearing an armband for the best team doesn't merit a place in the overall team of the season IMO. 

No Josh Mullin who has been County's standout player is laughable. Marcus Fraser has spent huge swathes of the season being mediocre, not quite sure how he's made it in.

It's the players who choose it as well I think?  Perhaps its because he's quite a physical presence and is therefore hard to get past/round?  Fuck knows.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

McCrorie is a comfortably better goalkeeper than that flapping mess Doohan, though perhaps only half a season playing at this level counted against him.

Brilliant. Are you taliking about Robbie or Ross McCrorie?

5 hours ago, virginton said:

Glad Ross County fans are also mystified by Fraser's inclusion as he's looked like an absolute haddy whenever I've seen him. Simply wearing an armband for the best team doesn't merit a place in the overall team of the season IMO. 

I was also surprised by his inclusion, it's been a poor season by his standards, however there are glimmers of the old Marcus coming through. He was excellent on the title winning night, and when he's pushing on the overlap he's really dangerous. I'm quietly hopeful that he'll step up next season. We need him to. 

Archived