14. Crystal Palace

15. Wolves

16. Villa

17. Bournemouth

18. Brighton

19. Newcastle

20. Sheffield United

55 minutes ago, Dele said:

Liverpool have done well to get near £3m for Ejaria. 

Can't see why anyone would tip them to win the league, they haven't improved their side at all. 

Very good money Del. 

If Klopp didn’t want to bring anyone in then that’s good enough for me. Some good talent ready to step up from the 23’s. With such a settled squad at such a good age certainly no settling in period required. 

Lots of people tipping Wolves to finish 10th or lower.
Watching them atm, and their previous round, they look at least as good as they were last year.

I have said 15th based on them being too good to go down, but might (draw depending) make it out the groups stages out of the eufa which may impact on their season.

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Man Utd
5. Everton
6. Chelsea
7. Arsenal
8. Leicester
9. West Ham
10. Wolves
11. Bournemouth
12. Watford
13. Aston Villa
14. Crystal Palace
15. Southampton
16. Newcastle
17. Burnley
18. Norwich
19. Sheff Utd
20. Brighton

1. Manchester City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Arsenal
  4. Tottenham
  5. Manchester United
  6. Chelsea
  7. Leicester City
  8. Wolves
  9. Crystal Palace
  10. West Ham
  11. Watford
  12. Everton
  13. Aston Villa
  14. Bournemouth
  15. Burnley
  16. Southampton
  17. Newcastle
  18. Sheffield United
  19. Brighton
  20. Norwich
Edited by RandomGuy.

1 Man City

2 Liverpool

3 Tottenham 

4 Arsenal 

5 Chelsea 

6 Man Utd

7 Leicester

8 Everton 

9 West Ham 

10 Watford 

11 Palace 

12 Wolves

13 Burnley

14 Villa 

15 Bournemouth 

16 Brighton 

17 Norwich 

18 Southampton

19 Newcastle 

20 Sheffield Utd 

Sorry, dunno how to stop it doing double spacing. 

1 Man City
2 Liverpool
3 Tottenham 
4 Arsenal 
5 Chelsea 
6 Man Utd
7 Leicester
8 Everton 
9 West Ham 
10 Watford 
11 Palace 
12 Wolves
13 Burnley
14 Villa 
15 Bournemouth 
16 Brighton 
17 Norwich 
18 Southampton
19 Newcastle 
20 Sheffield Utd 
Sorry, dunno how to stop it doing double spacing. 

Thoughts on villas signings? Seem to have spent, but kept a lot of the players from last season. Heaton seems like quite a good signing.

Surprised that Villa got Heaton. Out of Hart, Pope & Heaton, Heaton seemed to finally establish himself again after injury problems and proved himself the best out the 3 (Admittedly Pope has age on his side), so I was shocked Burnley let him go out of the 3. Hart was such an unnecessary signing for them.

I'll give this a bash.

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Arsenal

4. Spurs

5. Chelsea

6. Man United

7. Wolves

8. West Ham

9. Leicester

10. Everton

11. Watford

12. Newcastle

13. Crystal Palace

14. Bournemouth

15. Aston Villa

16. Southampton

17. Burnley

18. Norwich

19. Brighton

20. Sheffield United

Heaton only had a year left on his contract and don't think he wanted to sign a new one, so that tipped their hand a bit.

Mings was brilliant last year and El Ghazi and Hause were pretty useful, so happy to get them back. Do wonder if Hause may end up being a better Left-Back than Targett.

Time will tell with the others, glad we got more wingers in, as that was our weakest area last season.

Slightly nervous that Wesley may struggle or get injured up front, leaving Kodjia and Davis to pick up the slack. Kodjia hasn't recovered his best form since injury las5 season and Davis is still going and whilst promising, doesn't look like he'll be a goal machine ever. Think Davis and Wesley will hold it up, to bring our attacking midfielders into the game.

Quietly confident we can stay up anyway.

1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Arsenal
6. Man Utd
7. Everton
8. Leicester
9. Wolves
10. West Ham
11. Southampton
12. Bournemouth
13. Watford
14. Villa
15. Crystal Palace
16. Norwich
17. Burnley
18. Sheffield Utd
19. Newcastle
20. Brighton

10 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Thoughts on villas signings? Seem to have spent, but kept a lot of the players from last season. Heaton seems like quite a good signing.

Very happy with Heaton although assume we will get rid of at least one keeper as we have four on the books now.

Pleased to have got Mings, El Ghazi and Hause back. The former was probably overpriced but I'm glad to see him back anyway. We probably haven't had a defender who was so popular with supporters since Mellberg, Laursen... maybe even McGrath. 

Jota seems a sensible gamble, has played under Smith before, has looked good in preseason and enabled us to get the mediocre Gary Gardner off the wage bill. Jota basically cost pennies in Premier League terms anyway. 

Engels looks good, Konza was expensive but looks a great prospect. We shouldn't have the same injury crisis at centre-half that we had last season. 

I'm probably most excited about Douglas Luiz. Having a player that, by all accounts, Guardiola didn't want to sell sounds very promising. I know virtually nothing about Marvelous Nakamba but he has a cool name. 

Guilbert only cost £4 million, and has looked an upgrade on Elmohamady/Hutton based on what I've seen so far. Targett seems solid enough but we may have overpaid... those pesky South Coast clubs know how to fleece us! 

Trezeguet looks a top player, surprised we got him so cheap. Plus I love wingers so hopefully he works out. 

Wesley seems a prospect. A lot depends on him. If he does as well as the last striker we signed from the Belgian League, we'll be fine. If he struggles, we might do likewise. f**k it, he's Brazilian. He's bound to be good! 

I would have liked an extra striker as cover but as we have spent the GDP of a South American country then I can't complain too much. 

Overall, pretty excited. I don't think there has ever been a time before when Villa were the biggest spending team in Britain, maybe in the 1890s!

People will say we have brought in too many new faces but we didn't really have much choice. Not counting the loan players who have returned to us, and ignoring the likes of McCormack who were never gonna play, we have lost Hutton, Tuanzebe, Jedinak, Adomah, Whelan and Abraham... and the squad was way too thin last year anyway as evidenced by how we fell to pieces when Grealish got injured. 

Whatever happens, happens. Hoping that this is the first step on the path to global domination but if it goes to shit again... well, I enjoyed the Championship anyway! Haven't been so looking forward to a new season since I was a child. 

Sorry for the long post, but that was quite a few players to get thorough (and I've probably missed a few!) 

I'll take a draw tomorrow, mind!

Very happy with Heaton although assume we will get rid of at least one keeper as we have four on the books now.
Pleased to have got Mings, El Ghazi and Hause back. The former was probably overpriced but I'm glad to see him back anyway. We probably haven't had a defender who was so popular with supporters since Mellberg, Laursen... maybe even McGrath. 
Jota seems a sensible gamble, has played under Smith before, has looked good in preseason and enabled us to get the mediocre Gary Gardner off the wage bill. Jota basically cost pennies in Premier League terms anyway. 
Engels looks good, Konza was expensive but looks a great prospect. We shouldn't have the same injury crisis at centre-half that we had last season. 
I'm probably most excited about Douglas Luiz. Having a player that, by all accounts, Guardiola didn't want to sell sounds very promising. I know virtually nothing about Marvelous Nakamba but he has a cool name. 
Guilbert only cost £4 million, and has looked an upgrade on Elmohamady/Hutton based on what I've seen so far. Targett seems solid enough but we may have overpaid... those pesky South Coast clubs know how to fleece us! 
Trezeguet looks a top player, surprised we got him so cheap. Plus I love wingers so hopefully he works out. 
Wesley seems a prospect. A lot depends on him. If he does as well as the last striker we signed from the Belgian League, we'll be fine. If he struggles, we might do likewise. f**k it, he's Brazilian. He's bound to be good! 
I would have liked an extra striker as cover but as we have spent the GDP of a South American country then I can't complain too much. 
Overall, pretty excited. I don't think there has ever been a time before when Villa were the biggest spending team in Britain, maybe in the 1890s!
People will say we have brought in too many new faces but we didn't really have much choice. Not counting the loan players who have returned to us, and ignoring the likes of McCormack who were never gonna play, we have lost Hutton, Tuanzebe, Jedinak, Adomah, Whelan and Abraham... and the squad was way too thin last year anyway as evidenced by how we fell to pieces when Grealish got injured. 
Whatever happens, happens. Hoping that this is the first step on the path to global domination but if it goes to shit again... well, I enjoyed the Championship anyway! Haven't been so looking forward to a new season since I was a child. 
Sorry for the long post, but that was quite a few players to get thorough (and I've probably missed a few!) 
Get back to bloody work

They seem to have bought well. As you say, a lot been made of the actual amounts, but they turned loans into actual transfer fees so it’s been good business. Smith seems to have focused on what he needs to strengthen and added strength as well as depth to the squad.