Summer Transfer Window 19-20

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Sky Sports says Palace rejected £70 million plus Tosun and McCarthy. McCarthy has had his Palace medical so a deal must be close.

They agreed a deal solely for Mccarthy yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Not a done deal.  Arsenal and Celtic have agreed to a fee but he still needs to negotiate personal terms and undergo a medical

By all accounts, personal terms have been agreed for a while. Hence why Tierney asked Celtic to let him leave for Arsenal's offer over a week ago. 

Guest DAVIDB69
Not a done deal.  Arsenal and Celtic have agreed to a fee but he still needs to negotiate personal terms and undergo a medical

Could fail the medical I suppose , I doubt personal terms will be a problem

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The Luiz thing is a bit weird - would also leave Chelsea with only 3 centre backs so surely they'd want a replacement first.

Chelsea can't sign players.  Presumably Lampard told Luiz that he rated Zouma, Tomori, and Rudiger ahead of him and he's gone off.  Wonder if they can recall Ampadou

He was a free transfer but he’s a very good defender, I have no idea why he was suddenly dropped by Chelsea when he was their captain.

With the right support he could be one of the best defenders in the league. I can’t get my head around the transfer market, it’s insane that Maguire goes for £80M and Cahill costs nothing when he’s twice the player.

6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Chelsea can't sign players.  Presumably Lampard told Luiz that he rated Zouma, Tomori, and Rudiger ahead of him and he's gone off.  Wonder if they can recall Ampadou

Don’t know how I forgot about that. They have Christensen as well but it would still leave them quite short. He’d be a good signing for Arsenal but seems like madness from Chelsea.

52 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Luiz and Tierney for less than half of Maguire?

Very good business from Arsenal.

Not a fan of Luiz who was personally responsible for a lot of goals that Chelsea conceded last season. Luiz is slow, loses concentration and can be sloppy in possession so he'll fit in very easily.

Arsenal's fit centre backs are Chambers, Mustafi, Monreal and probably Luiz. Maitland-Niles will probably start the season at right-back. What a shambles!

Guest Moomintroll
Luiz is such an Arsenal signing. Crying out for solidity at the back and they go for that bombscare. Luiz and Mustafi at centre back would be hilarious!
Between Luiz, Sokratis & Mustafi at one end and Aubameyang & Lacazette at the other, Arsenal are certainly going to be a very entertaining watch this season.

Archived