Cove Thread

27 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Hope you’re feeling ok today? A horrible feeling to get relegated and I suppose a new one for Cove fans. Next season will bring new challenges and no doubt a title or playoff (at the pointy end) push. Perhaps everything just happened far too quickly for Cove and a more gradual rise up the leagues would have been more beneficial. I’m not going to say anything on the managerial situation apart from the fact that I’m convinced you would not be going down if you had stuck with McIntyre. Having said that, if a manager just isn’t popular with the fans and with a guy with Hartley’s history at the club waiting in the wings then it was inevitable I suppose.

Was really hoping Cove would stay up through the playoffs, partly due to the practicalities for myself, the fact my son plays for Cove Youth but mostly because my opinion on the club has changed significantly in the last season for various reasons. Drop the Rangers bit and that’ll improve even more 😆😉

Best of luck for next season.

^^^.   Classy comment.

41 minutes ago, virginton said:

Has the jakey greaseball surfaced yet to explain how his team contrived to lose against ten men and didn't really come close to the single goal that they needed to avoid automatic relegation?

Two relegations this season - both equally fraudulent from Hartley. 

^^^ Class-FREE comment.

11 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

^^^.   Classy comment.

^^^ Class-FREE comment.

Nothing about football should be classy. 

I quite liked the singular Cove fan on this forum but Hartley is indeed a wee greaseball and deserves all he gets. 

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As perfectly happy as I am that Cove is going down, just want to give credit to @CoveRangers1922 who's managed to have more class than the team and represents his club well on here.

Yeah he’s a good lad.

However the feeling I’ve got off of a lot of folk involved with the club, the social media team especially is that they’ve been a bit of an arrogant mob and glad to see them taken down a peg or two. 

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Hope you’re feeling ok today? A horrible feeling to get relegated and I suppose a new one for Cove fans. Next season will bring new challenges and no doubt a title or playoff (at the pointy end) push. Perhaps everything just happened far too quickly for Cove and a more gradual rise up the leagues would have been more beneficial. I’m not going to say anything on the managerial situation apart from the fact that I’m convinced you would not be going down if you had stuck with McIntyre. Having said that, if a manager just isn’t popular with the fans and with a guy with Hartley’s history at the club waiting in the wings then it was inevitable I suppose.

Was really hoping Cove would stay up through the playoffs, partly due to the practicalities for myself, the fact my son plays for Cove Youth but mostly because my opinion on the club has changed significantly in the last season for various reasons. Drop the Rangers bit and that’ll improve even more 😆😉

Best of luck for next season.

Yeah horrible feeling, deflated. It's been a tough watch all season especially the last 4 months when we haven't looked much of a side at all. Went down without a whimper and didn't show what we are capable of. A few major errors, change of managers and letting go players which we never replaced with the same quality. Self inflicted.

Last night was especially hard to take. 1-1 playing the last 45 minutes against 10 men and we had 2 one on ones clean through on goal, sitters, and missed them both (they were saved so credit to Schwake). Muirhead with a deflected goal I'm told. Couldn't see properly myself due to the mist and highlights not out yet.

Always going to be our hardest season to date and relegation was always a possiblity as we dipped our toes in at this level.

Up to us to learn from our mistakes as a club, regroup and try to come back stronger.

Congrats on your safety and 5th season at this level, bravo 👏.

Might catch you in a cup game next season who knows.

34 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As perfectly happy as I am that Cove is going down, just want to give credit to @CoveRangers1922 who's managed to have more class than the team and represents his club well on here.

Cheers. It's been good to be part of the league, see a few new grounds and see know how much of gap we have to close to have truly compete.

A summer rebuild and try to back here.

Congratulations on the title and return to the SPL. What a final game by all accounts. 

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah he’s a good lad.

However the feeling I’ve got off of a lot of folk involved with the club, the social media team especially is that they’ve been a bit of an arrogant mob and glad to see them taken down a peg or two. 

Thanks, likewise.

Some in the club give that vibe, never understood that but the majority of normal fans aren't that way or the ones I talk to anyway.

Even our fans last night were raged with the twitter post of "unfortunately due to results elsewhere not going our way we are relegated". We lost therefore our fault. 

That and the previous match reports being laughably biased erked many Cove and neutrals which I understand.

Anyway like I said to @Tattie36 congrats on safety and although next season might be tougher no reason why you can't compete strongly, especially if you recruit well.

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah he’s a good lad.

Yeah I think some at Cove have come across like that. I can kind of understand the attitude at the club though as they must have thought this league fitba lark was a piece of piss with constant success after success. I think this season will have been a reality check for them and a bit of failure and the associated humility is probably a good thing for them in the long run.

There’ll also be many fans in Scotland delighted to see us get a bit of a bloody nose this season too after the last few years and particularly last season.

Fwiw my recent experiences of Cove Rangers and their normal fans is that they’re a decent bunch who are just like the rest of us.

@CoveRangers1922 has been a classy addition to commentary here this year, sad to see you go, m8.

I think Cove got promoted a year or two too early here. While the Seaside League is annoying, frustrating and sometimes mind-numbing, the team that got promoted was, it looked like, mostly signed for the next season THERE, and that seemingly limited Cove’s ability to craft a competitive Championship team. The deflation that happened after the January window seems to confirm that thought.

Cove seem well managed as a Club, if a bit wonky at Manager, and perhaps a bit too knee-jerk this year. The look in at the Championship should help them develop the Club for a longer stay next time. Good luck.

It’s a pity that Cove got all the way through the league’s so quickly then got to the Championship and tried to time waste their way through games. Should’ve had a go a teams, must be frustrating for you Cove fans.

As Mixu would say “What’s the fckin point”.

On 06/05/2023 at 12:32, RossBFaeDundee said:

On 06/05/2023 at 16:50, TxRover said:

@CoveRangers1922 has been a classy addition to commentary here this year, sad to see you go, m8.

I think Cove got promoted a year or two too early here. While the Seaside League is annoying, frustrating and sometimes mind-numbing, the team that got promoted was, it looked like, mostly signed for the next season THERE, and that seemingly limited Cove’s ability to craft a competitive Championship team. The deflation that happened after the January window seems to confirm that thought.

Cove seem well managed as a Club, if a bit wonky at Manager, and perhaps a bit too knee-jerk this year. The look in at the Championship should help them develop the Club for a longer stay next time. Good luck.

Is (s)he the only CRFC fan on here? I can't remember any other Cove supporter popping up on threads.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Is (s)he the only CRFC fan on here? I can't remember any other Cove supporter popping up on threads.

I think there was another but he’s more spot on with the comments. Think it is the same person who posts on their supporters page on Facebook. One the few who come across very knowledgeable on there 

1 hour ago, Moorie said:

I think there was another but he’s more spot on with the comments. Think it is the same person who posts on their supporters page on Facebook. One the few who come across very knowledgeable on there

Puzzles me why there aren't a few more Cove fans regularly on P&B. Great platform to hear latest news and interact with other fans.

A few post now and again on here but mainly use our Facebook page to voice their opinions 

Season done and dusted. Ended shrouded in mist in spectacular failure even without the glimmer of hope that the playoffs brings. L1 awaits but for now it's rumour central; player releases, PCA's and hot transfer news.

I suspect we'll have a long list of players going out.

Loans (5): Longridge, MOH, Glass, Weston, Bangala

Released (9): Virtanen, Toure, Leitch, Ross, Gourlay, Longstaff, Dunne, Reynolds?, McIntosh? - first 3 need booted for sure

A couple I'm purely guessing. Don't have any insider knowledge. Reynolds could retire, could sign a 1 year extension or move on to the likes of Peterhead. He's got a settled job in Aberdeen so won't move far. I'd keep him for another year.

Wouldn't blame Leighton for moving on and finding something new.

Fyvie is out of contract. He's been injured but I'm sure a couple of clubs would take him but again he might decide to call it a day and concentrate on his coaching and/or find a media role. Does a fair bit with RedTV. Hope he does re-sign as has a lot to give especially in L1

We have 8 under contract. I'd terminate Naismith and Fox myself if I could.

Plenty coming in. I'm sure Hartley will be reading player recruitment 101.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Ex-Cove loanee John Robertson also moving on to pastures new. Sure he must have either a club lined up already or options he thinks are significantly better than FC Edinburgh. Stock is high

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Someone I could see ending up at Cove is Shane Sutherland, if he's able to get back to fitness. Read in the Inverness Courier and over on the ICT thread that his contract is up at the end of this season and hasn't been renewed yet. We apparently tried to sign him at Raith a few seasons ago but the deal didn't go through. If I remember rightly, geography was a factor - or it could just be that he ultimately had a much better deal lined up at ICT 😉 

Incidentally, the team I follow in Japan - Iwaki FC - have followed a very similar trajectory as Cove, climbing rapidly through the leagues before hitting a bit of a brick wall in the second division this season (they got thumped 9-1 at the weekend...), so I do sympathise. All the best for next season.

9 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Ex-Cove loanee John Robertson also moving on to pastures new. Sure he must have either a club lined up already or options he thinks are significantly better than FC Edinburgh. Stock is high

A player that caused us all sorts of problems in the games I seen last campaign,very good left foot on the lad be interesting to see who snaps him up.

16 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We have 8 under contract. I'd terminate Naismith and Fox myself if I could.

Naismith and Fox really that bad now?

the former was absolutely quality for county not so long ago , was was also a reliable keeper at top flight level but that’s a good few years ago now.

How’s vigurs doing? Thought his legs would go and be an issue far before those other 2