The AEW Thread

TheGoon

30 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Reports Danielson has signed.

An actual wrestling match might threaten to break out.

Now that, if true, is game changing. Finally have a guy that can sell.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Now that, if true, is game changing. Finally have a guy that can sell.

It's not game changing IMO.  Apparently it's limited dates on WWE money with a decent amount of creative control. As good a get as he is that sounds like trouble in the long run.

Will definitely draw eyeballs, at least initially. The other embarrassing crap will likely scare the toe dippers off as it always seems to.

59 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's not game changing IMO.  Apparently it's limited dates on WWE money with a decent amount of creative control. As good a get as he is that sounds like trouble in the long run.

Will definitely draw eyeballs, at least initially. The other embarrassing crap will likely scare the toe dippers off as it always seems to.

It's game changing in the sense that it makes AEW have something genuinely worth watching for me. 

You're right though.

Danielson apparently being held back to a September debut because they are trying to get Punk for All Out in Chicago.

Those two in, even on a part time basis would leave potential to create some proper dream matches with that roster they have.

My only concern is that they now need some more proper top tier heels though. I think this was the intention with Black but there's no chance at all fans are going to boo him. 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

At this point, despite their insistence that Cornette is irrelevant, they are definitely trolling the f**k out of him.

I really hope AEW get Santino Marella in at some point.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Danielson apparently being held back to a September debut because they are trying to get Punk for All Out in Chicago.

Those two in, even on a part time basis would leave potential to create some proper dream matches with that roster they have.

My only concern is that they now need some more proper top tier heels though. I think this was the intention with Black but there's no chance at all fans are going to boo him. 

Should bring in Cornette. He seems to be the AEW roster and fans biggest heel.

Imagine the pop of boos. :lol:

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They might well mess about with it, but i'm glad they've set up the Page & Dark Order v. the Elite as the top singles and two clear tag teams on each side.

10 is the only person that could feel a lil hard done by missing out.

I think Omega takes himself out the match, and ends up seething at the Elite for not doing the job.