The AEW Thread

TheGoon

The new rumour from the hilarious steamie that is AEW is that they'll be starting a new Saturday TV show, seemingly purely as either a show that Punk can lead (with no involvement from anyone that hates him) or a place that his enemies can play without having to see his miserable face.  If it's true...fucking hell.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

The new rumour from the hilarious steamie that is AEW is that they'll be starting a new Saturday TV show, seemingly purely as either a show that Punk can lead (with no involvement from anyone that hates him) or a place that his enemies can play without having to see his miserable face.  If it's true...fucking hell.

If it's true is a farce.

The Saturday show rumours aren't new though. Turn of the year there was gossip about a new show. AEW Collision was trademarked sometime before Revolution. With Andrew Zarian being the main source on a Saturday show on the horizon. It was basically confirmed not long after when the Canada tour was announced. As they moved a Rampage taping to a Saturday live televised event.

What has changed has been everyone intertwining the CM Punk dicussion with the new show as a solution to the problem. It's the usual wrestling coverage of people taking opinion or unnamed sources thoughts as fact.

I watched some of Zarian's podcast as it was supposed to have some details. People online had started to say it would be debuting on Saturday June 17th in Chicago. Got to that point of the podcast and someone on his team pointed out that AEW had announced Wednesday June 21st in Chicago for Dynamite not the 17th. Zarian would go on to say he'll double check what's going on with that: His information could be wrong but AEW does have a history of running multiple nights in the same city.

Other than the Canada live televised event on July 8th. There are still no Saturday televised events on the schedule. Strangely the following week they've got a Saturday house show. The whole thing seems rather sloppy. Dumping a bunch of dates last minute certainly won't help ticket sales.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Hard to concentrate on the episode after the absolute VL in the front-row caught my eye in like minute 1.  Looks like the sort of absolute weapon you'd hate to be near at a show

Guy with the MJF scarf and the sunglasses? Absolute tosser 

Anyone picked up tickets for Wembley?  Pre-sale was this morning.  Actually quite a painless experience other than the usual Ticketmaster shiteyness.  Couldn't get back to my laptop so had to do it on my phone, lost my place in the queue twice before finally getting through.  Offered the £1300+ tickets first, before working out the filters and getting reasonable ones.  Although now that I've actually got them, not sure how good they'll be depending on what the setup is.  Looks like the block next to the entranceway, just behind it.  Labelled as a limited view of the entranceway, so remains to be seen.

Would help if the seating plan they're using wasn't so tiny you can't even make out what block numbers are which.

6 minutes ago, forameus said:

Anyone picked up tickets for Wembley?  Pre-sale was this morning.  Actually quite a painless experience other than the usual Ticketmaster shiteyness.  Couldn't get back to my laptop so had to do it on my phone, lost my place in the queue twice before finally getting through.  Offered the £1300+ tickets first, before working out the filters and getting reasonable ones.  Although now that I've actually got them, not sure how good they'll be depending on what the setup is.  Looks like the block next to the entranceway, just behind it.  Labelled as a limited view of the entranceway, so remains to be seen.

Would help if the seating plan they're using wasn't so tiny you can't even make out what block numbers are which.

Aye got mine. Bit of a pain and seemingly been shite for loads of folks. Was waiting ages to be able to buy but then saw on Reddit that if you clicked on the hotel option it allowed you to put in the code from Fite/Shop AEW, so did it that way. Shite you can't pick a seat, row or even section, but ended with what I think should be decent enough seats. Was hoping for a tier below but they were seemingly sold out! Did have the option of floor seats but they looked rank so passed.

I copied the seating plan image to Word (as I had Word open at the time). Was able to enlarge it and, even though it was pixilated to f**k, was able to make out the section numbers.

10 minutes ago, forameus said:

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/clients/sports/wembley

Good way of seeing exactly where you are.  I'm pretty close to pitch side, so now wondering just how much I'll see over pitch seating.  

Just checked and my seat looks pretty good!

50 minutes ago, Lukovic said:

Wasn't on the FITE presale but waiting for the Ticketmaster one just now.

No matter what I selected on the site could only get the option for the cheapest seats.

The FITE presale looked like at least part of every area was available, wonder if they've just put the pleb seats into the Ticketmaster one ahead of the general sale.  Bit baws.  Although you'd imagine that no-one will struggle to get a ticket, even if it in one of the poorer ones.  Surely they're not going to come close to selling out with the way they've set up the place...