The AEW Thread

TheGoon

Folk did confront him to his face. He then chucked a punch and his pal chucked a chair, bit someone and pulled hair.

Also he's the guy banning folk from a show seemingly.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Aye mob handed. Hallmark of shitebags.

Haha, do folk still believe that nonsense? Surely not?!

It has been thoroughly disproven since from multiple sources on 'both' sides.

Shame we won't get a match with them. Punk vs Omega for example would he outstanding. Reckon they'd be great together in the ring. CMFTR vs The Elite would be immense too.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha, do folk still believe that nonsense? Surely not?!

It has been thoroughly disproven since from multiple sources on 'both' sides.

Shame we won't get a match with them. Punk vs Omega for example would he outstanding. Reckon they'd be great together in the ring. CMFTR vs The Elite would be immense too.

I haven’t seen anything to disprove it personally. If we’re being totally honest though fans like ourselves will never truly know the intricacies of what went on or the personalities involved. So it was kinda a moot point I made anyway.

Agree on the second part. Those feuds have the ability to draw in non dedicated onlookers like myself, which would only help AEW’s viewing figures and growth. Shame it looks a forlorn hope. 

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

I haven’t seen anything to disprove it personally. If we’re being totally honest though fans like ourselves will never truly know the intricacies of what went on or the personalities involved. So it was kinda a moot point I made anyway.

Agree on the second part. Those feuds have the ability to draw in non dedicated onlookers like myself, which would only help AEW’s viewing figures and growth. Shame it looks a forlorn hope. 

There's pretty much a consensus that they (Bucks and Omega, with the head of legal) went to talk to Punk (no one kicked down the door) but then Punk and his pal went mental and assaulted them. Omega seemingly tried to calm things down, even after having a chair chucked at him and his hair being pulled, and tried to speak with Punk after.

I don't have any side in this, as I like The Bucks, Omega and Punk. Think all are great. Punk used to be one of my favourites, but then he wasn't wrestling for 7 years, but I've loved most of his matches and feuds since he signed with AEW and he's still one of my all time favourites. Been a big fan of Omega since I first saw him a few years ago (missed most of his big stuff in NJPW but have seen some of it in retrospect and loved it). Likewise The Bucks. Used to watch BTW a lot, although it understandably lost momentum when AEW begun. Still, there's a great story of them, Cody, Omega and Hangman working towards the creation of AEW. Talking of Hangman, he's the guy out of all of them who could be a superstar. His run to the title was the best thing AEW have done, but his reign was a bit meh. Still, he's only 32 and has his best years ahead of him.

Anyway, aye, matches involving them would do brilliant business and would almost certainly be class in the ring (personally I think it's hard for Punk, Omega or The Bucks to have a poor match; enjoyed all of them at All In). Punk vs Page was great and would love to see that again.

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That CCTV footage must be damning for AEW to go for the nuclear option so quickly.

Meltzer's once again putting the non-wrestler version he published the other day as the definitive version of what actually happened. The one with the sucker punch after some shoving.

Shame but seems the right thing. Punk is an absolute legend of the business and will always be one of my favourites but he's clearly a bit of a tit and this was needed. When everyone is apparently an arsehole there is a common dominator (i.e. Punk). Reckon the poor guy needs some therapy and hopes he gets it. The footage must have been quite something for this too.

Also hope he gets one last WWE run. They could do massive business with him. Imagine Punk vs Miz/LA Knight/Seth/Roman/Nakamura/Sami/Jimmy/Jey/KO/Gunther/Drew/Fin/Priest/Dom/Santos/etc. Him vs almost anyone on the roster would be incredible and do ridiculous business.

10 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I don’t think he ever goes back to WWE. They don’t need him, there’s people there that hate him, and he’d need to work under Big Paul. I’d say that’s him retired. 

Thought Paul and Punk made up months ago backstage at Raw?

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Thought Paul and Punk made up months ago backstage at Raw?

I’m sure they’ll be on speaking terms, but I’d be amazed if either wanted to work with the other. 

Conrad Thompson must be pulling every bit of cash he’s got together right now.