Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

8 minutes ago, red23 said:

Lots of people saying rangers will now have to sell players, i know they have debt but is it starting to become an immediate problem for them? (i hope so)

Yes

They have something like a 23 million hole to plug by the end of this season. 

10B53EC7-ACE4-48C2-8CDF-DB7AF8230B30.jpeg

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Ive noticed this before as well.

I think its quite clear Gerrard isnt the ideas or tactics man. Also not sure hes the head coach type. Seems to be more a motivator and figurehead type.

Not necessarily saying that as a bad thing. But I think the Rangers coaching staff are very much a team rather than Gerrard being a massive tactical savvy inventive coach or manager. 

If/when he does leave, will be interesting to see how he would cope without this backroom staff with him.

My take is basically the same. 
Gerrard = figurehead, Chairman of the Board type character. Been it, seen it done it. Overseer. 
McAllister = Managing Director. Day to day control of everything. 
Michael Beale = Technical Director. In charge of research and nuanced required decisions on the hoof. 
Worked well enough up til now. Maybe CL just a wee bit too much of a stretch this season. Maybe EL could be found a stretch too before the jolly japesters jump in!! We’ll see…

22 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Aye, the loving cup. Biggest minter in football.

Honestly, there will never be a greater reason to vote independence than how funny the heads gone will be from the club from govan and most their fans.

I’d genuinely never heard of the Loving Cup before and having just Googled it! Yes it is by far the biggest minter in world football. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The Rangers fans, who let their club die, but don’t do walking away, would be better to do walking away, and leave Ibrox empty for games before their chances of winning anything walk away and die.

The irony that "the best fans in the world" being present at games results in performances totally capitulating is off the charts.

WE ARRA PEEPEL.....that cause our players to clam up and be shite.

Fun times.

Apart from going straight in obviously, you're probably not going to get an easier qualification route to the CL than Malmo then Ludogorets. Rangers have fucked this big time. 

On the other hand, if you can't see off an average mob like Malmo with an extra man, it's probably better you don't qualify as you'd take some absolute houndings in that group stage.