Man Utd legends v Bayern Munich legends

throbber

For anyone who didn’t know this is kicking off at 1500 today (26 th May) and is on BT Sport and will feature all the Man Utd team from the team that won the champions league final on this date 20 years ago. Not all the Bayern team are playing but Lothar Matthaus, Stefan Effenberg and Carsten Jancker will feature as well as other famous ex players including Roy Mackay and Luca Toni among others.

It sounds like it will be a good game and fun atmosphere all round and let me be the first person to commend the Germans for getting together in good spirit to reminisce about a world famous defeat, lets just hope no one mentions the war.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

For anyone who didn’t know this is kicking off at 1500 today (26 th May) and is on BT Sport and will feature all the Man Utd team from the team that won the champions league final on this date 20 years ago. Not all the Bayern team are playing but Lothar Matthaus, Stefan Effenberg and Carsten Jancker will feature as well as other famous ex players including Roy Mackay and Luca Toni among others.

It sounds like it will be a good game and fun atmosphere all round and let me be the first person to commend the Germans for getting together in good spirit to reminisce about a world famous defeat, lets just hope no one mentions the war.

Good turn out of supporters for a friendly.

A-Nuremberg-rally.jpg

1 minute ago, highlandcowden said:

that was my suspicion too

but again,wtf would anyone go to this?

Gullibles & gloryhunters.

To be fair though, it's a chance for kids to see former legends. Not my cup of tea, but maybe it's for charity too?

3 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

that was my suspicion too

but again,wtf would anyone go to this?

Suppose if you are a Man Utd fan of a certain age it might be a wee nostalgia trip but little else.

I have been to a few of these 'legends' type matches at Celtic Park, you buy your ticket knowing you are contributing to a charitable cause of some sort but, in my experience ive never lasted till half time without being bored stiffless and fucking off to the pub. 

Quite bizarre its deemed worthy of live TV coverage as well. 

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

Suppose if you are a Man Utd fan of a certain age it might be a wee nostalgia trip but little else.

I have been to a few of these 'legends' type matches at Celtic Park, you buy your ticket knowing you are contributing to a charitable cause of some sort but, in my experience ive never lasted till half time without being bored stiffless and fucking off to the pub. 

Quite bizarre its deemed worthy of live TV coverage as well. 

my angle is I detest friendlies and never go to them.i could be in Manchester and offered a free ticket for this and id still rather watch the playoffs in the pub,give me competitive footy any day of the week