Dundee United 2019/2020

United will quite rightly not tolerate anyone being abused by simply doing their job. It’s a disgrace that anyone would even consider it but society has its morons who feel the need to behave in this manner. I would also hope that other fans would self-police this and report anyone who does behave like this.

At a time where things at the club are so positive it is pretty shit that United need to put out a statement.

A small number online have trotted out the line of - “that’s awful.....but....” before then moaning about not getting a hot pie or milk for their coffee. There’s a way to complain about service, abusing a shop assistant or kiosk worker isn’t that.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Are we seriously being linked with Stephen McGinn? 

Eh no thanks. Sounds like absolute nonsense. 

Slightly strange as you'll have the league done by the end of February,  but he will bring that added security.  

His legs have gone at top level but will still do a job in the Championship.  

Done deal from what I've heard. 

4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I've never actually seen much out of him when he's played united so always struck me as a meh player. Doesn't seem to fit what the apparent signing philosophy either so I'm not sure. 

Might do as back up till the end of the season I guess. 

Who currently plays central defence for yous ? 

On 24/12/2019 at 13:48, coppola said:

So a left winger and centre midfielder in Jan going by this article? Will do for me.

Take Swanson pls.

Just now, Accent-Unknown said:

Paul Watson and Mark Reynolds. Paul Watson would be the candidate to drop out for unfamiliar eyes but he's in the form of his life right now.

I'm unsure of the size of squad you have, but S McGinn would be a great addition to any Championship squad. Given any injuries you might get , he's a good , reliable player and has great leadership qualities. 

Would probably get you over the line sooner having a leader like that. 

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

Who currently plays central defence for yous ? 

Wtf? If Stephen McGinn is being signed it won't be to play centre half. 

I thought he stood out as the one class player in a very average St Mirren team when they won the division. Obviously Morgan was pinging them in from all angles but McGinn was the guy who made them tick. He'd be decent back up for Butch and Harkes.

Edited by Pull My Strings

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

I thought he stood out as the one class player in a very average St Mirren team when they won the division. Obviously More Ryan was putting them in from all angles but McGinn was the guy who made them tick. He'd be decent back up for Butch and Harkes.

More than decent back up or competition. 

53 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I thought he stood out as the one class player in a very average St Mirren team when they won the division. Obviously Morgan was pinging them in from all angles but McGinn was the guy who made them tick. He'd be decent back up for Butch and Harkes.

If we're heading up to the Premiership, we shouldn't be looking to sign 'back up' players.

Stephen McGinn would be a cracking signing for you lot. He might not have the tenacity of Butcher or the silky skill (?) of Harkes but he has a footballing brain. I wouldn't go as far as saying he had the potential to be the best McGinn, but he had the potential to be plying his trade higher than he did. He might be close to being finished, but he was and is a classy player that I'd have in an instant.

Edited by Ludo*1

8 hours ago, Dele said:

I thought he was Dundee bound? 

I presumed he was the one you'd asked about, turns out it was Callachan. 

No idea why it was Callachan and not Swanson tbh, my suggestion makes far more sense than what McPake is doing.

Also, theres a reason relegation threatened St Mirren are willing to drop, then sell, their midfield captain halfway through the season. Hes a yard short in everything he does now.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I presumed he was the one you'd asked about, turns out it was Callachan. 

No idea why it was Callachan and not Swanson tbh, my suggestion makes far more sense than what McPake is doing.

Oh, now it was one you'd suggested ? It's just, here's what you said at the time.. 

On 18/12/2019 at 20:34, RandomGuy. said:

It wasnt a suggestion, tbf.

On 18/12/2019 at 22:59, RawB93 said:

It was. Similar to your constant flogging of Steven Anderson to us.

On 19/12/2019 at 07:54, RandomGuy. said:

Anderson was one I'd thought up, Swanson one I've been told. You've definitely enquired about him.

#ITK #ITK #ITK