Dundee United 2019/2020

Think it will be a busier window than most we're maybe expecting now with Connolly out, Butcher is a massive blow but apparently he's suspended next week (I've seen conflicting reports on this now) so bit of recovery time at least for him. 

Alongside Harkes and McMullan that's 4 first team players  injured. Never a good situation to have a third of your first team out of action. 

Starting to look a fairly difficult trip to Partick next week given we have no midfielders but beyond that the fixture list looks pretty kind leading up to Inverness at home on the 21st Feb. Should really be looking to get this put to bed in the next half a dozen games.

4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Think it will be a busier window than most we're maybe expecting now with Connolly out, Butcher is a massive blow but apparently he's suspended next week (I've seen conflicting reports on this now) so bit of recovery time at least for him. 

Alongside Harkes and McMullan that's 4 first team players  injured. Never a good situation to have a third of your first team out of action. 

Robbie on Sportsound saying that Connolly was just cramp but he couldn't continue. Also said we are bringing someone in, but then they cut off the interview instead of following up.

If this American on trial is even half decent then maybe a six month deal will give us an extra body there, then maybe one or two loan deals. We are in a weird position in that we need cover and support to see us through the next couple of months but I wouldn't be wanting us to bring anyone in and offering them more than just a short deal.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

If this American on trial is even half decent then maybe a six month deal will give us an extra body there, then maybe one or two loan deals. We are in a weird position in that we need cover and support to see us through the next couple of months but I wouldn't be wanting us to bring anyone in and offering them more than just a short deal.

Agree with this in general, but I wouldn't be against a long term deal for someone who would improve the team. I accept this would probably only apply if we were paying a fee to guarantee getting someone now if they would be out of contract in the summer.

And to be honest, I'm not really in favour of that unless it's a real upgrade

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Agree with this in general, but I wouldn't be against a long term deal for someone who would improve the team. I accept this would probably only apply if we were paying a fee to guarantee getting someone now if they would be out of contract in the summer.

And to be honest, I'm not really in favour of that unless it's a real upgrade

It is a difficult time of the year to get genuine quality, unless we maybe have a chance to bring someone in from a league that has finished during our mid-season (the MLS being one). 

In theory we should be able to grind our way through most of the remaining games with our current group and still win the league (injuries being kind) but we would all feel much more reassured if we can add a few bodies to the squad to make it more comfortable. I think it was mentioned either here or on another thread that United would be quite an attractive prospect for clubs looking to loan out one or two highly rated players. A chance to play at a club with good crowds, challenging for a title (and being in control), it could be a great environment and an 'easy' choice to send someone to Tannadice for six months.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

It is a difficult time of the year to get genuine quality, unless we maybe have a chance to bring someone in from a league that has finished during our mid-season (the MLS being one). 

In theory we should be able to grind our way through most of the remaining games with our current group and still win the league (injuries being kind) but we would all feel much more reassured if we can add a few bodies to the squad to make it more comfortable. I think it was mentioned either here or on another thread that United would be quite an attractive prospect for clubs looking to loan out one or two highly rated players. A chance to play at a club with good crowds, challenging for a title (and being in control), it could be a great environment and an 'easy' choice to send someone to Tannadice for six months.

So you're saying Johnny Russell permanent and a couple of Ajax defenders on loan.

Teckle.

24 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Connolly just had cramp.  Stanton, McMullan and Pawlett all expected to be available for Thistle game, plus a new signing expected by then.

I hope Pawlett’s not fit.  Or at least not fit enough to play.

A league lead tonight which seemed unthinkable following our last visit to Dumfries, after which some, including me, doubted Neilson had the ability to achieve.

But resting Reynolds and not playing boys out of position as before has brought improvement, and well done to one of two United Mark Connolly's on his first goal for the club.

16 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

A league lead tonight which seemed unthinkable following our last visit to Dumfries, after which some, including me, doubted Neilson had the ability to achieve.

But resting Reynolds and not playing boys out of position as before has brought improvement, and well done to one of two United Mark Connolly's on his first goal for the club.

For a long time I had the fear that this day would never come.

24 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Why, he got the winner last time we played there.

Because when he’s ‘fit’ Neilson changes the formation to suit him.  That said Neilson, once again, seems to have dropped the 4-4-2 formation.

On 02/01/2020 at 12:34, stewartyftd1 said:

Reading on other forums the Rangers have offered 2m for Shankland but we are looking for three times that. Could be a lot of shite but would be amazing if we do hold out for that amount.

2 Million! C'mon 😂