The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

39 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

So I said ages ago that he was away. I was told he had agreed a deal with a club we’ve played twice this season already, closer to where he lives. 

Sounds like they weren’t willing to pay a fee to actually get him though. Apologies for the false hope 😂

Like you said it could have fallen through either way can't see him playing for us again unless the other  2 keepers get injured 

Jamie McCabe has never let us down until Saturday. The thing with young keepers is that they will make mistakes but I think he’s shown enough that he is worth sticking with. Always better to have a mistake in games that you win 6-1 I guess. 

1 hour ago, MonTheHedge said:

Agreed. A mistake there is a lot less consequential than say, picking the ball up out side the box against a potential league rival. For example of course.

Or coming out and flapping at a cross in the first leg of a pyramid playoff or doing the same against the same opposition in the cup the next season………for example of course…..

Has Grady McGrath fallen out of favour or does Price not like him,last 2 games been benched,comes on scores 2 goals and not overly enjoyed them,where the Grady I know loves scoring goals.Price the muppet making our best goalscorer in years unhappy.

1 hour ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Yeah bringing in good players…….how dare he!

Two things here,

If they were that good their parent club wouldn’t let them out on loan and bringing them in he has dropped our top goalscorer which is bizarre.So we have another manager that has his favourites.

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Very obvious that Price doesn’t like the strikers at the club.Two on loan now what happens to McGrath and Louden now,they are two of our better players.Dont like what Price is doing.

So what are you saying exactly, Price going to get rid of our two top strikers/scorers because he doesn’t like them?

5 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Two things here,

If they were that good their parent club wouldn’t let them out on loan and bringing them in he has dropped our top goalscorer which is bizarre.So we have another manager that has his favourites.

Got me there mate…….

No come back to that…….Price must go! 🥴

We have 15 league games to play in what 12 weeks? That’s without any more being postponed. I think bulking the squad up a little with quality players is a bloody good idea. The team looked absolutely done in at the end of last season when the games were coming thick and fast, so a bit more rotation can’t be a bad thing. 

7 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

We have 15 league games to play in what 12 weeks? That’s without any more being postponed. I think bulking the squad up a little with quality players is a bloody good idea. The team looked absolutely done in at the end of last season when the games were coming thick and fast, so a bit more rotation can’t be a bad thing. 

Absolutely no place on here for this sensible talk……have a word with yourself!

Think you will find that Wright is a good signing if he has got over his illness. He was unlucky with that at Elgin and i think he would have been a big player for us if he had been fit.

28 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Think you will find that Wright is a good signing if he has got over his illness. He was unlucky with that at Elgin and i think he would have been a big player for us if he had been fit.

We are all aware of the kind of player he is. ............   All apart from the troll who seems to live in his own wee perverted fantasy world. 

He will be a great addition . We have no doubts about it. 

Gavin Price has obviously done his homework on how we didn't quite get over the line last season and seems determined to try and add the experience to the squad to help achieve it this time . 

That was poor today,really need to improve in front of goal and again missed our leading goalscorer.If we persist on trying to play fast attacking football on the deck have to get a pitch fit for purpose too many times the ball took a funny bobble.Richardson needs to stop falling over so much.Strachan at left back looked lost.Louden and Richardson aren’t a good partnership up front and again not much dig in midfield.Too many passes across the pitch reminded me of the Kirk era.

25 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

That was poor today,really need to improve in front of goal and again missed our leading goalscorer.If we persist on trying to play fast attacking football on the deck have to get a pitch fit for purpose too many times the ball took a funny bobble.Richardson needs to stop falling over so much.Strachan at left back looked lost.Louden and Richardson aren’t a good partnership up front and again not much dig in midfield.Too many passes across the pitch reminded me of the Kirk era.

Who was the last Brechin manager you liked, serious question?

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

🤣🤣

I mean you obviously either weren’t at the game or don’t know what you’re talking about. I suspect it’s neither though…….

If anything I respect the commitment to ‘the bit’