The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

16 hours ago, citydiehard said:

That was poor today,really need to improve in front of goal and again missed our leading goalscorer.If we persist on trying to play fast attacking football on the deck have to get a pitch fit for purpose too many times the ball took a funny bobble.Richardson needs to stop falling over so much.Strachan at left back looked lost.Louden and Richardson aren’t a good partnership up front and again not much dig in midfield.Too many passes across the pitch reminded me of the Kirk era.

Is that the same Richardson who was by far and away the best player on the park yesterday and was unanimously chosen as MOM ?  

2 hours ago, MonTheHedge said:

Richardson was outstanding yesterday, the pace and physicality he showed will win us a game at some point I’m sure of it. 

We have a solid squad now and real strength in depth all over the park. On the face of it, it does look a bit odd leaving Grady out however we don't see the players in training. I don't believe that Gavin will have any favorites and the players will know that they will have to be on their game to get a starting slot  

1 hour ago, Rossco8326 said:

Not herd that one but wouldn't be suprised if they were 

Any good? Noticed he scored a heap of goals last year,no sure how many he is on this year.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Any truth in the rumour that Montrose are trying to get Grady McGrath on a pre-contract?

Could be true and might explain why he has been on the bench for the last 3 games. There is a huge difference between the HL and L1. I'm not certain that he would be able to step up but he is young and worth taking a gamble on as he wouldn't cost you a fee.

11 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

Could be true and might explain why he has been on the bench for the last 3 games. There is a huge difference between the HL and L1. I'm not certain that he would be able to step up but he is young and worth taking a gamble on as he wouldn't cost you a fee.

We are keen on getting him signed on again and I don't think he is going to hence the possible fallout.

Can see what Gav Price is trying to do with you lads,you obviously had a good team before hand but it looks as though he is waiting to add some experience into the squad so if you do go into the play offs their is some experience lads around the team.

30 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Aldershot and Ebsfleet are two names I’ve heard

For some reason I always thought it was Ebbsfleet & Somebody or Somebody & Ebbsfleet. Turns out Ebbsfleet were once Gravesend & Northfleet whom I vaguely remember from the 1962/63 FA Cup

I know we're winning 2 0 but at the risk of sounding like city die hard. What the f**k is price playing at leaving Grady on the bench ?? We have gone from winning games comfortably to just scrapping wins yes we are dominating most of the games but we're not scoring much yet there's a striker that bangs the goals in rotting on the bench its going to come back and bite us eventually 

1 hour ago, Rossco8326 said:

I know we're winning 2 0 but at the risk of sounding like city die hard. What the f**k is price playing at leaving Grady on the bench ?? We have gone from winning games comfortably to just scrapping wins yes we are dominating most of the games but we're not scoring much yet there's a striker that bangs the goals in rotting on the bench its going to come back and bite us eventually 

Things have certainly turned sour with the relationship however I would have gladly taken a 2 nil win before the game.

On 10/02/2024 at 17:49, Kev8122 said:

Things have certainly turned sour with the relationship however I would have gladly taken a 2 nil win before the game.

There is some worrying news from the P&J concerning the SPFL 's requirement for HL/LL clubs to hold a "bronze license" before being considered for promotion. Currently, we are at "entry-level" along with every other HL club. We did have a bronze license in the SPFL but didn't retain it when we dropped out. The big issue for us is having a Club Doctor attending all home games. East Kilbride is also at entry level. Interestingly, 5 current SPFL clubs are only at entry level too. Not sure how this is going to play out as I can't see the SPFL turfing out these member clubs which include Edinburgh City and Peterhead. 

55 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

There is some worrying news from the P&J concerning the SPFL 's requirement for HL/LL clubs to hold a "bronze license" before being considered for promotion. Currently, we are at "entry-level" along with every other HL club. We did have a bronze license in the SPFL but didn't retain it when we dropped out. The big issue for us is having a Club Doctor attending all home games. East Kilbride is also at entry level. Interestingly, 5 current SPFL clubs are only at entry level too. Not sure how this is going to play out as I can't see the SPFL turfing out these member clubs which include Edinburgh City and Peterhead. 

What a joke that is as if it they don't make it hard enough for clubs to get back into the spfl. I'm assuming it will take some time to get this licence ? So even if we try to get it we might not have it by the end of the season ? If lowland and highland teams can't get in without it surely the teams already there can't be in it either then ? 

47 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

What a joke that is as if it they don't make it hard enough for clubs to get back into the spfl. I'm assuming it will take some time to get this licence ? So even if we try to get it we might not have it by the end of the season ? If lowland and highland teams can't get in without it surely the teams already there can't be in it either then ? 

I think we are a lot further on than the likes of BOD, Buckie & Brora however with the lack of GPs in the North East it is a real issue for us. The SPFL clubs that don't meet the criteria have all been warned but I'm unsure if they have to be qualified for next season.