Gender Self-ID

ForzaDundee

34 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Should the law be changed so you can determine whether you're an adult or child?    

Pretty sure some old guy tried to change his age from 65 to 35 so he could get more bites on dating sites. Which isn't at all creepy. 

How much is enough?  A swimming pool in Dumfries recently went gender neutral in the changing rooms, now it is averaging one serious sexual assault every three months.  Is that enough?

Genuine question here, what swimming pool is it and when did this happen? I’ve never heard of this and as far as I’m aware all the pools in Dumfries are segregated changing facilities.

It is not necessary to agree with someones lifestyle or points of view in order to respect them. That's part of living in a diverse society.

I don't believe that "identifying" as something other than what I am will magically change what I am. However, there are people that do identify as something other than what they were born as. 

If someone wants to live a certain way or believe in certain things, and it doesn't affect anyone else, then who cares?

Everything carries risks, and yes there may be people who would use this as an opportunity to commit crimes, but that's not a valid reason to deny a marginalised group within society something that can make them less marginalised. Tackling crime and promoting equality are two separate matters entirely.

Is it not the case that other countries such as Argentina, Malta and Portugal have passed similar laws with little to no issues ?

If anything, this thread has outed some absolute no righters. You're probably better keeping your weirdo fantasies to yourselves lads and keep sending your dosh to the Bath incel.

The actual state of this.

IMG_20190615_184119.jpg.9a62199925783d82607377a7b64647bc.jpg

. Being a woman is about sex and biology

Wow, Great neutral source you’ve got there m8. Proof if any was needed this isn’t about the dangers of trans using changing rooms at all, its their mere existence that you have issue with.

The last few pages have been ridiculous.

Can the two posters in question explain to me why there doesn't seem to be any great uproar to same sex changing rooms, with cubicles, as they exist today?

Trans people use them, along with everyone else.

Dumfries seems to have a specific issue with a guy who's now on the sex register but I don't see a Twitter campaign against such establishments.

New schools nowadays are often being built with unisex bathrooms. Is this a problem in terms of safe space?

I semi-regularly go to a school that has these, there is absolutely no issue and perhaps a handful of small benifits.

In fact the benefits are probably higher on a schools agenda than trans rights. Cubicles that open onto an open plan space with sinks in front of them, bound to massively reduce incidences of skiving smoking and bullying in toilets as well as having every toilet available open to all, boys, girls, trans, staff etc. The only shared space is one that we all use all day everyday anyway.

I'm convinced that this whole twitter controversy is based on trolls winding up feminists and sympathisers to fish them in. People like this guy who Bath boy retweeted recently. Fair play to the alt right types who are doing it, quite a few liberal celebrities have been reeled in to the extent that they're campaigning against trans rights.

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1139572669911879682

Edited by welshbairn

35 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Is it not the case that other countries such as Argentina, Malta and Portugal have passed similar laws with little to no issues ?

If anything, this thread has outed some absolute no righters. You're probably better keeping your weirdo fantasies to yourselves lads and keep sending your dosh to the Bath incel.

The actual state of this.

IMG_20190615_184119.jpg.9a62199925783d82607377a7b64647bc.jpg

He blocked me on twitter quite some time ago.

Something i'm still fairly proud of. quitegood.png

9 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Are you asking for a friend?

Just curiosity has the better of me as to whether it actually happened or not.  My mate is manager of the Dumfries ice bowl, which currently runs the council pool and it wasn’t there. It certainly isn’t at the banntynes gym as I go there. Neither is it at the Neuros spa as they’re segregated changing rooms. That only leaves one other pool of which I’m aware at the barracuda health club. I’m fairly certain they don’t have unisex changing rooms. 

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Just curiosity has the better of me as to whether it actually happened or not.  My mate is manager of the Dumfries ice bowl, which currently runs the council pool and it wasn’t there. It certainly isn’t at the banntynes gym as I go there. Neither is it at the Neuros spa as they’re segregated changing rooms. That only leaves one other pool of which I’m aware at the barracuda health club. I’m fairly certain they don’t have unisex changing rooms. 

Are you suggesting pep is talking shite?

Huge if true.

Guest Bob Mahelp

11 pages of fucking shit, about nothing.

Start a thread about foodbanks, 5 posts. Start a thread about education standards, 10 posts. Start a thread about homelessness, maybe a page. 

Start a thread about homosexuality, bi-sexuality or something similar, 11 fucking pages.

Welcome to 2019 in Scotland. 

I’ve never been to Dumfries but the Royal Commonwealth Pool. Edinburgh’s biggest has been unisex since it reopened in 2012

It doesn’t seem to have brought any problems

44 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

11 pages of fucking shit, about nothing.

Start a thread about foodbanks, 5 posts. Start a thread about education standards, 10 posts. Start a thread about homelessness, maybe a page. 

Start a thread about homosexuality, bi-sexuality or something similar, 11 fucking pages.

Welcome to 2019 in Scotland. 

Well now we all know what gender you self-ID yourself as.

6 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Fucking hell, don’t know about identifying as women, but there’s a couple of posters on here that are getting their frillies in a right old twist about a problem that doesn’t really exist & is unlikely to increase in the future. If a pervert is determined enough to gain access to women’s facilities to stare & swing his cock about, surely he could just go through the present channels of gender identity in place at present?

At present you have to live as a female for two years, be undergoing hormone replacement therapy and have extensive involvement with medical professionals with supporting documentation.  Under self id all you.have to do is literally say you're female.  It's 10.04pm right now, under self id you could be 'female' by 10.05 just by saying you are.

Edited by Kuro

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Genuine question here, what swimming pool is it and when did this happen? I’ve never heard of this and as far as I’m aware all the pools in Dumfries are segregated changing facilities.

It's dunfermlime