Billy Gilmour

Kuro

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I'm actually a cuddly snuggle bunny

Yeah I'd play him too, with Mctominay and Mcginn. But Jack is needed as a sub defensive mid. And mcgregor can play numerous positions to a decent standard. So should be in every squad.

Fair enough.

I just don’t see it with Jack or McGregor tbh.

34 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
38 minutes ago, welldaft said:
Could he not have been a potential world class striker or central defender. 
The one position we have well covered is midfield - however the prospect of a Gilmore, McTominay, Turnbull midfield for the future is exciting stuff....

How's Turnbull looking since coming back?

Too early to say if I am being honest. It will take him a good few weeks and maybe not even until next season to hopefully see him back to the form he showed end of last season. I say hopefully - I would caveat that with whether he is playing for us or Celtic.......

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Too early to say if I am being honest. It will take him a good few weeks and maybe not even until next season to hopefully see him back to the form he showed end of last season. I say hopefully - I would caveat that with whether he is playing for us or Celtic.......

If he’s as good as we all hope surely his ambition is outside Scotland ?

With everyone fit McTominay, Gilmour and McGinn would be a really good mix I think. McTominay and Gilmour in the deeper roles provides a good mix of physicality and ability, and McGinn in the more advanced role like he was before he got injured. It would also be a midfield that should only get better and will be around for many years. Things never turn out quite how you think they will but that could provide a solid core to build around for the next few years.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

International standard being better than decent is probably the reason he's usually pretty pish in a Scotland jersey then.

I think he needs to drop out the team, his performances haven't been his best recently for Scotland. Pretty pish is a bit harsh, but fair enough.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

International standard being better than decent is probably the reason he's usually pretty pish in a Scotland jersey then.

Aye like San Marino, Cyprus and Kazakhstan. McGregor sees nothing like that in Champions League, Europa League or Old Firm games.

Israel's midfielders sit on the bench for Brighton, flit in and out the Celtic side or play domestically in Israel. Norway's midfielders play for Bristol City, Fulham and Sheffield United.

"International level"

Jack could be a squad option, but ideally nothing more than that. He's a good Scottish Premiership midfielder and has improved since he left us, but we have a number of better options in central midfield. If it's a straight choice between him and McTominay, it's McTominay all day long for me - already a better player and has a much higher ceiling than Jack. 

Edited by DrewDon

Aye like San Marino, Cyprus and Kazakhstan. McGregor sees nothing like that in Champions League, Europa League or Old Firm games.
Israel's midfielders sit on the bench for Brighton, flit in and out the Celtic side or play domestically in Israel. Norway's midfielders play for Bristol City, Fulham and Sheffield United.
"International level"
Only really strengthens my point.

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
"International level"

Only really strengthens my point.

What is your point exactly?

9 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Jack could be a squad option, but ideally nothing more than that. He's a good Scottish Premiership midfielder and has improved since he left us, but we have a number of better options in central midfield. If it's a straight choice between him and McTominay, it's McTominay all day long for me - already a better player and has a much higher ceiling than Jack. 

Pretty much. Our options come in tiers, to me.

McTominay, to me, is comfortably our best central midfielder. McGinns form makes him a certain starter too.

Next tier has Christie, Armstrong, and McGregor. Strong performers at domestic level who are too inconsistent nationally to deserve to be certain starters. Start whichever one based on your gameplan.

Then its your Fleck/McLean/Jack/Bannan types, ones who have done enough at club level to warrant being last resort options if/when injuries/suspensions hit.

Gilmour should probably be in that second tier just now.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think his point is McGregor is pish for Scotland mate. 

Nobody would argue your point that he’s a good SPL player buddy.

McGregor can go missing for Scotland

And can go missing in Europe

Which suggests SPL player

My point is he's anonymous anytime I've watched him play for Scotland. You rattling off shite International sides only strengthens my point that he isn't as good as he's made out to be.

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

My point is he's anonymous anytime I've watched him play for Scotland. You rattling off shite International sides only strengthens my point that he isn't as good as he's made out to be.

"International standard being better than decent"

McGregor shows flashes in Europe of being a genuinely top player technically but he's not been great for Scotland, although the play style doesn't really suit him. Still early days with Gilmour but if he plays well in the rest of the games in the run up to Israel it'll get to the point where you can't justify not playing him if we have a player playing like that at PL level. Not sure how McGinn will be coming back form his injury , but if he gets a run of games i'd be happy with a midfield of McTominay, McGinn and Gilmour. I'd like to see Christie slotted in somewhere as he's looked lively and is different to other players we have, but not sure where he'd get in.