Billy Gilmour

Kuro

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

McSauce can do that and Gilmour is surprisingly good at it too.  Jack isn't in their league, that has to be the two of the future.

Our team would improve immeasurably overnight if we could unearth a ball-playing sweeper centre back. That would allow McTominay to move forward into his natural position simultaneously improving the shield in front of the defence and taking some of the pressure off our more offensive midfielders in coming too deep to start moves.

Jack is a solid player, but he neither provides the intelligence in defensive screening nor the quality of passing McTominay does. McTominay is the link man we need. Unfortunately, at this point McTominay is also the defender we need.

Edited by albagubrath

4 minutes ago, albagubrath said:

Our team would improve immeasurably overnight if we could unearth a ball-playing sweeper centre back. That would allow McTominay to move forward into his natural position simultaneously improving the shield in front of the defence and taking some of the pressure off our more offensive midfielders in coming too deep to start moves.

Jack is a solid player, but he neither provides the intelligence in defensive screening nor the quality of passing McTominay does. McTominay is the link man we need. Unfortunately, at this point McTominay is also the defender we need.

i never ever thought i'd read or hear anyone say Mc Sauce is the man we need🤪

West Brom level player getting regular starts with Man United, reminds me of that Cleverly guy who got shifts for England because of the club shirt he wore.

7 minutes ago, albagubrath said:

So true, was saying that the other day, we need him in midfield but we don't have the right replacement. We really need two McTominays.  Good analysis.

9 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

i don't care, its the truth, when United finally get their shit together, do you think he'll be anywhere near them ?😵

It's not the truth as anyone with a pair of eyes and single brain cell can see. Scott McTominay has already played more games for Manchester United in his 3 years as a pro than Cleverley did in 7 seasons. Cleverley was loaned out to Leicester in the third tier, then Watford in the second tier then finally Wigan in the Premier league before he even got a sniff of starting for Man Utd. McTominay walked straight out of school and straight into the first team. There are levels between them and Sir Alex would tell you that as well.

McTominay will play for Man Utd as long as he wants to IMO. He could stay there his whole career but he might get fed up winning f**k all and move on to a better side. I don't think there's a hope in hell that McTominay is playing in the English second tier at 31 the way Cleverley is just now, and he could easily reach 80-100 international caps if we continue to qualify for things, not the paltry 13 that Cleverley racked up.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's not the truth as anyone with a pair of eyes and single brain cell can see. Scott McTominay has already played more games for Manchester United in his 3 years as a pro than Cleverley did in 7 seasons. Cleverley was loaned out to Leicester in the third tier, then Watford in the second tier then finally Wigan in the Premier league before he even got a sniff of starting for Man Utd. McTominay walked straight out of school and straight into the first team. There are levels between them and Sir Alex would tell you that as well.

McTominay will play for Man Utd as long as he wants to IMO. He could stay there his whole career but he might get fed up winning f**k all and move on to a better side. I don't think there's a hope in hell that McTominay is playing in the English second tier at 31 the way Cleverley is just now, and he could easily reach 80-100 international caps if we continue to qualify for things, not the paltry 13 that Cleverley racked up.

Ignore him he's a fanny.  McTominay is really becoming a top player now.  We're lucky to have him.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Eyes ? Brain? Use them and see the side United had back then, all during Cleverly's loan spells United were probably the 2nd best team in Europe over that period, i'm not saying he was  anything special, but to claim McSauce is better, i'm just not buying that, the shiteness of the current United is the only reason  he's has that many appearances , i don't doubt the boy from Lancaster will get more scotland caps, wouldn't have gotten a single one for the nation of his birth though, never mind 13, that's why he shat it and decide to play for Scotland.

6 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

Eyes ? Brain? Use them and see the side United had back then, all during Cleverly's loan spells United were probably the 2nd best team in Europe over that period, i'm not saying he was  anything special, but to claim McSauce is better, i'm just not buying that, the shiteness of the current United is the only reason  he's has that many appearances , i don't doubt the boy from Lancaster will get more scotland caps, wouldn't have gotten a single one for the nation of his birth though, never mind 13, that's why he shat it and decide to play for Scotland.

Even if I am to accept that Cleverley didn't get a game because Man Utd were so good at that time (and not because he was largely shite), why the f**k did they loan him out to the third tier and not another Premier league club?

Are you English or are you one of these weirdo Scots who hates his own country?

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Even if I am to accept that Cleverley didn't get a game because Man Utd were so good at that time (and not because he was largely shite), why the f**k did they loan him out to the third tier and not another Premier league club?

where did i say i hate my own country ? Why did Alex Ferguson loan Beckham to Preston North End ? 

i just don't think he's a genuine top half of the English Premier League player, and when United get their shit together, he's wears a tracksuit on the bench most of the season, or he moves to West Brom or Burnley.

but apparently ''we're lucky to have him''  maybe we are, but he's still anything special 

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

I have to admit when I wrote "Gilmour is going on loan to Rangers" I fully expected a backlash of vitriol. I never got that and the only person to reply was 8mile who would probably have been about 7th on the list of 'potential quoters'. 

I think the truth is somewhere in between.

Mctominay is clearly a good player which were lucky to have. I personally don't think he will ever get to the level of say Darren Fletcher. But his physicality makes up for alot.

Hes obviously way better now that Tom Clevelerly ever was tho.

I can see him being phased out by man u in future, if they strengthen the team. And hopefully he moves on at that point rather than become a bit part player.

But he's more than good enough to have a good Premier league career. And he's plenty good enough to be playing one of many positions for us. Centre back or just about anywhere in midfield. Hes a clever and adaptable player.

I dont see him as technically being able to become one of the best around personally. But hopefully he can keep improving.

Some people can only see things as black or white, shite or amazing. Their opinions will always be stupid.

I'd rate McTominay along the same lines as Darren Fletcher, in that he'll get a lot of games for Man United while never being a consistent first name on the teamsheet.

McTominay might not quite have the technique of Fletcher, but he prob makes up for that in athleticism.

He's a stick-on for Scotland.

Gilmour on the other hand looks like a star in the making.

If we're replacing McGregor and Jack with Gilmour and McTominay in the next couple of years, that's hardly a nightmare scenario!

Edited by ArabFC

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

I have to admit when I wrote "Gilmour is going on loan to Rangers" I fully expected a backlash of vitriol. I never got that and the only person to reply was 8mile who would probably have been about 7th on the list of 'potential quoters'. 

Its almost as if people know your just a wind-up merchant 🤔

I wouldn't mind if he went to rangers, as he would walk into their team and get all the games he wants. My only concern would be him getting injured in the Scottish league.

He can do alot better in terms of loans tho, so if a loan is on the cards I'd be surprised if he ended up back at ibrox.

13 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

where did i say i hate my own country ? Why did Alex Ferguson loan Beckham to Preston North End ? 

i just don't think he's a genuine top half of the English Premier League player, and when United get their shit together, he's wears a tracksuit on the bench most of the season, or he moves to West Brom or Burnley.

but apparently ''we're lucky to have him''  maybe we are, but he's still anything special 

Ah, sorry I thought you may have been an Englishman bitter that McTominay chose us, but you're actually a Scotsman who is bitter about English born Scots playing for us. 

Edited by The Moonster

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Ah, sorry I thought you may have been an Englishman bitter that McTominay chose us, but you're actually a Scotsman who is bitter about English born Scots playing for us. 

bitter ? i'm not bitter in the slightest, it just seems standard are so low, McTominay to many on here is seen as quality, whereas at his club, he a squad player who's only above Matic in their midfield pecking order..

i have no issue with non scots playing for us, i think Tierney is one of our very best players.

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

44 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He spends his time on the EPL forum, with odd adventures on the Scottish Premiership forum to tell everyone how shite it is.

Take a guess.

18 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Its almost as if people know your just a wind-up merchant 🤔

Almost as if 5 minutes before he posted it on here, he'd replied to a post claiming it on the Rangers thread.

24hrs later, and multiple confirmations its not happening, it magically becomes "trolling".