Highland Pyramid

Burnie_man

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...not a peep about the Tayside juniors as per usual. Don't have a strong opinion personally on which way Tayside junior clubs should go on this as there are reaonable arguments to be made both ways, but it is noteworthy that in local media stories in the Highland League catchment it is only ever the NCL plus the north region that rate a mention on this. Tayside being a factor is something you only really see on P&B.

For the majority of HL clubs it makes sense to have an Aberdeenshire/Moray/Banff&Buchan league to drop into if relegation is a future prospect.

Tayside isn't their problem. Tayside clubs are going to have to sort themselves out.

No one except the crayon-wielding pyramid planners on here believes the Tayside lot should be bolted into the Highland pyramid set-up. They are never mentioned in conversation about the subject in real life, and very rarely on FitbaNorth.com.

It was foretold when the pyramid was set up with two divisions that this could get Lionel with regards to the clubs in the middle of the country so it's no surprise at this point to see them in limbo. Not entirely sure why the Tayside clubs would want a place in the Highland pyramid, other than the belief they'd get out of it quicker.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'd imagine the main reason would be that it's the only part of the pyramid they can currently play in.

That's not at all clear given the HL membership has to sign off on any new tier 6 pyramid league or new member joining by application. The only thing that has been determined in terms of the rulebook is where Club 42 gets relegated to and there have been recent attempts to get that rule reversed with a poster from Kelty recently claiming on here that the only reason it didn't happen was because the SPFL knocked back an LL request for money to compensate their clubs for extra travel.

The EoS accepted Luncarty last year despite their registered ground being north of the club 42 line of latitude. According to patriot1 (St Andrews United) the explanation given to EoS member clubs on how this was possible was that there were no geographical limits in the rulebook on who can apply to their league and have their application put to a vote of the membership with Orkney of the NCL apparently being mentioned in an "even Orkney can apply" sort of way.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Luncarty getting in this season despite being north of the line is not fantsay.

As has been pointed out to you on multiple occasions, Luncarty were clearly seen as a special case given the boundary line cuts clean through the village. If the EoSFL admits one of the Angus/Dundee junior clubs, then your argument might hold some water.

^^^It is not my argument. I do not care which way Tayside clubs jump on this as long as they do get into the pyramid one way or the other. I am highlighting what has been posted by patriot1 who appears to have represented St Andrews United in EoS meetings last season and therefore should have some concept of what's going on. There is nothing official from the EoS that I have ever seen that states Luncarty was a special case. That's nothing more than an assertion made by certain "crayon-wielding pyramid planners" on here as far as I can see.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^It is not my argument. I do not care which way Tayside clubs jump on this. I am highlighting what has been posted by patriot1 who appears to have represented St Andrews United in EoS meetings last season and therefore should have some concept of what's going on. There is nothing official from the EoS that I have ever seen that states Luncarty was a special case. That's nothing more than an assertion made by certain "crayon-wielding pyramid planners" on here as far as I can see.

Don't you recall that Luncarty wished to move into a Senior Pyramid League but didn't have an alternative Senior Pyramid League to consider applying to? Unlike, for example, Harthill.

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^It is not my argument. I do not care which way Tayside clubs jump on this as long as they do get into the pyramid one way or the other. I am highlighting what has been posted by patriot1 who appears to have represented St Andrews United in EoS meetings last season and therefore should have some concept of what's going on. There is nothing official from the EoS that I have ever seen that states Luncarty was a special case. That's nothing more than an assertion made by certain "crayon-wielding pyramid planners" on here as far as I can see.

From what i've seen he has never given any indication he was the St Andrews rep at the EoS meeting, as he was hearing this all 2nd hand.

On 01/05/2020 at 21:29, patriot1 said:

So I believe it was confirmed at last night's meeting that as some of us have said in this forum the LL/HL dividing line only applies to teams being relegated from the SPFL. 

What that means in practical terms is that any team can apply to the EOS(Orkney was used as an example last night) and it would be up to the clubs to decide if they get in. 

In other words there is nothing to stop any Tayside junior team from applying next year. 

Ps, I don't believe Livingston received any mention last night. 

Which puts it up there with Burnie asking people at Blackburn and coming away with the idea that Luncarty were looked at in isolation, nothing more.

21 minutes ago, Dev said:

Don't you recall that Luncarty wished to move into a Senior Pyramid League but didn't have an alternative Senior Pyramid League to consider applying to? Unlike, for example, Harthill.

Was there something stopping them applying to the HL?

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

From what i've seen he has never given any indication he was the St Andrews rep at the EoS meeting, as he was hearing this all 2nd hand.

Which puts it up there with Burnie asking people at Blackburn and coming away with the idea that Luncarty were looked at in isolation, nothing more.

I'm not going to give away my identity or reveal my sources but it WAS stated at last year's  AGM that any team in Scotland could apply to the EOS and that the HL/LL line only applies at tier 5.

At no point have the EOS said that Luncarty were a special case. It's only on this forum that the whole "the ground is just over the dividing line" debate has taken place. That was a complete red herring and yet we are still debating it on here.

I have no strong opinion on whether Tayside teams should be in the HL or LL catchment area. All I want is for all teams to be in the same pyramid system.

You would think that I would want St Andrews to be in with the Tayside teams from a travelling point of view but as I have said many times in this forum I get really annoyed at everyone wanting to minimise travelling. We are professional football clubs who should accept that we need to drive for a couple of hours for games.

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

I'm not going to give away my identity or reveal my sources but it WAS stated at last year's  AGM that any team in Scotland could apply to the EOS and that the HL/LL line only applies at tier 5.

At no point have the EOS said that Luncarty were a special case. It's only on this forum that the whole "the ground is just over the dividing line" debate has taken place. That was a complete red herring and yet we are still debating it on here.

I have no strong opinion on whether Tayside teams should be in the HL or LL catchment area. All I want is for all teams to be in the same pyramid system.

You would think that I would want St Andrews to be in with the Tayside teams from a travelling point of view but as I have said many times in this forum I get really annoyed at everyone wanting to minimise travelling. We are professional football clubs who should accept that we need to drive for a couple of hours for games.

None of what you've said here contradicts what most people on this forum have been saying. Just many think there's a potential problem with the EoSFA taking in clubs north of the infamous boundary line. Everyone is aware that it is up to the EoSFL clubs to decide which applicant clubs they wish to admit. But it's also up to the Lowland League whom they admit.

If the Highland/Lowland boundary only applies to teams being relegated from SPFL2 to Tier 5, this opens up a can of worms when clubs can be promoted from Tier 6 to Tier 5 too. Would the Lowland League want to admit Brechin Vics if they won the EoSFL (and playoff) if Brechin City were being relegated from SPFL2 to the Highland League?

I also want to see an integrated pyramid system, but at the moment, there's 16 or so clubs that don't fit within any recognised Tier 6 league's footprint, if we assume the NCL/NRJFA/HFL linkup comes in as planned. If the EoSFA want to cover Angus and Dundee, then that's fine, but it's not a territory they've previously claimed -- although they've changed their mission statement to a nebulous East of Scotland region, rather than the historic counties that they used to list. It still doesn't solve the boundary issue, and it is an issue unless it gets moved north and does a dog-leg between Brechin and Montrose.

I am sure the EoSFA are aware of this.

Edited by Cyclizine

5 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Was there something stopping them applying to the HL?

If the East Region Juniors from Tayside became a Senior League and so in the Pyramid then clubs from Senior Leagues e.g. Luncarty would have the opportunity to reconsider which league to play in. At present Luncarty aren't licenced so they cannot get into Tier 5 Leagues i.e. Highland or Lowland.

No idea how likely it is to pass (I'm skeptical on that) but it would be interesting to see the finer print of the current reconstruction plan in time for next season and what it says about relegation out of the SPFL. The key here is that priority numero uno for the LL is clearly an automatic promotion place into the SPFL rather than which catchment Tayside clubs wind up in:

20 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You can continue to peddle this fantasy all you want, but in the real world none of the Tayside clubs will be playing in the East of Scotland league unless there is a change to the boundary line.

I think there will be some movement on this issue by the end of March deadline. One way or another this issue will be put to bed.

14 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

I also want to see an integrated pyramid system, but at the moment, there's 16 or so clubs that don't fit within any recognised Tier 6 league's footprint, if we assume the NCL/NRJFA/HFL linkup comes in as planned. If the EoSFA want to cover Angus and Dundee, then that's fine, but it's not a territory they've previously claimed -- although they've changed their mission statement to a nebulous East of Scotland region, rather than the historic counties that they used to list. It still doesn't solve the boundary issue, and it is an issue unless it gets moved north and does a dog-leg between Brechin and Montrose.

I am sure the EoSFA are aware of this.

I'm pretty sure Arbroath reserves played in the EoSFL in the 1960s.

I've  also learned from the internet that they actually played in the Scottish League in the 1940s, but that's a whole different can of worms. https://fchd.info/ARBROAT2.HTM