Heart of Midlothian v Hamilton Academical

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not having Berra being blamed for the first.  He has it under control going into space where he'd clear it and White runs right into his path and into him.  Whites fault for me.  
We actually played some decent stuff in the first half but defensively we look like an utter shambles.  Time to go for Levein, when the fans start chanting against you in the ground you just aren't turning it round.  No doubt he'll hang about for a while longer though with the arrogant belief he's right and everyone else is wrong.

Berra would have comfortably enough dealt with that at the start of last season, probably just headed it away. Do that, the rest doesn’t happen. Alternatively clear it before White has time to get across. White definitely doesn’t help and has to take some blame but Berra wasn’t blameless either. Just a mess from all concerned really.

Berra would have comfortably enough dealt with that at the start of last season, probably just headed it away. Do that, the rest doesn’t happen. Alternatively clear it before White has time to get across. White definitely doesn’t help and has to take some blame but Berra wasn’t blameless either. Just a mess from all concerned really.
I think that's the problem it was a disaster for white but we know Berra can do much better and that's why he gets the brunt of the abuse.

6 hours ago, Darren said:

Well worth putting Hickey at right back to get White in the team, then.

Bizarre comment. Hickey was decent at right back and White was ok til he had a brain fart.  Brandon was gash when he came on and Hickey was too easily done for the second, at left back.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.  For me Berra is letting it bounce into space where he knows he's in no danger.  If White doesn't run into him he clears it no problem.  If he clears it first time he's not in control of it and there were no opposition players around apart from the guy at his back so he thought he had time.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.  For me Berra is letting it bounce into space where he knows he's in no danger.  If White doesn't run into him he clears it no problem.  If he clears it first time he's not in control of it and there were no opposition players around apart from the guy at his back so he thought he had time.

I understand your argument and I’m not in total disagreement I just think clear the danger at the earliest possible point - never let it bounce. And can’t really have time and a man at his back, he probably still would have cleared it had White not got involved. Just sad to see big Christophe going through this dip, hopefully comes through the other side.

Archived