Maradona vs Everyone else

Oleksandr

Maradona vs Everyone else  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just watched the documentary on him and wow what a player, clearly the best ever. People these days wouldn't put up with what he put up with no chance. In Italy the highest goalscorers got maybe 10 to 15 goals a season, it was all defence, yet he shone, imagine him these days in La Liga, he would shine out more than Ronaldo or even Messi, I think if you put him in say Valencia 2019 then they win the league, he relly was that good and could inspire a team

I don't think there's any doubt maradona is the best there's ever been. Anyone who actually saw him would agree.

Serie A was far and away the best league in the world when he went there, far stronger than any other, in a way that no league is today.  Napoli had never won it, no team from the South of Italy had. When he signed they had finished two points above the relegation zone the previous season, and he took them to two league titles.

Similarly Argentina we're a fairly average side in 86 and he took.them to a world cup win. 

Nobody has ever.been able to elevate a team the way he did, Messi and Ronaldo aren't capable of that.

If the.game was refereed then how.it is.now (which is largely because of maradona and Brazilian Ronaldo) he would have been unplayable, just completely unstoppable.

He is also an utter legend in every way, the likes of which we won't see again.

Edited by Kuro

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

I don't think there's any doubt maradona is the best there's ever been. Anyone who actually saw him would agree.

Serie A was far and away the best league in the world when he went there, far stronger than any other, in a way that no league is today.  Napoli had never won it, no team from the South of Italy had. When he signed they had finished two points above the relegation zone the previous season, and he took them to two league titles.

Similarly Argentina we're a fairly average side in 86 and he took.them to a world cup win. 

Nobody has ever.been able to elevate a team the way he did, Messi and Ronaldo aren't capable of that.

If the.game was refereed then how.it is.now (which is largely because of maradona and Brazilian Ronaldo) he would have been unplayable, just completely unstoppable.

He is also an utter legend in every way, the likes of which we won't see again.

He would've been mate, easily. Imagine Ronaldo back in those days playing for Napoli, be decent aye but probably injured half the season

You can also argue that players of that era wouldn't be successful in the modern game, todays players are far more athletic, some of who aren't as gifted technically but for me Messi and Ronaldo are the best to have played the game. Be a very very long time before we see players like this again.

Do we judge players on what they've won, achieved or what? Because if we base it on that the Gattuso is the best player to have played in Scotland but we all know thats shite.

1 minute ago, quickoverayard said:

You can also argue that players of that era wouldn't be successful in the modern game, todays players are far more athletic, some of who aren't as gifted technically but for me Messi and Ronaldo are the best to have played the game. Be a very very long time before we see players like this again.

Do we judge players on what they've won, achieved or what? Because if we base it on that the Gattuso is the best player to have played in Scotland but we all know thats shite.

You could but you'd be a tube. Maradona was utterly ripped, a supreme athlete, quick as f**k, strong as an ox, built like a tank with the balance of a world class ballerina.

2 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

He would've been mate, easily. Imagine Ronaldo back in those days playing for Napoli, be decent aye but probably injured half the season

What I find funny is watching videos of maradona skipping last multiple.challenges that would be bookings and red.cards today as if.its.nothing and imagining how many of them Ronaldo would dive for. Pretty much all is the answer.

1 minute ago, quickoverayard said:

Would you say the level of players he played against was stronger than todays?

Very similar, the physicality of the top sides was as good as  it can be as it is now, technically top drawer and the protection given by referees was non existent compared to today. The game is a bit faster now and they play more games but that's the only real difference. The pitches they play on are much better now too.

15 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Rubbish, birthday card shite. Wheres the proof they're more athletic? Imagine Muhammad Ali fighting AJ, he'd dance around the big stiff idiot and punch his head in, imagine Roberto Duran vs Adrien Broner. Just because they were bras these days it means nothing, Maradonna would bulldoze through modern defenders like a bulldozer. Imagine him against Phil Jones or that

2 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Rubbish, birthday card shite. Wheres the proof they're more athletic? Imagine Muhammad Ali fighting AJ, he'd dance around the big stiff idiot and punch his head in, imagine Roberto Duran vs Adrien Broner. Just because they were bras these days it means nothing, Maradonna would bulldoze through modern defenders like a bulldozer. Imagine him against Phil Jones or that

Lol maradona against Phil jones. He'd still rip the pish out him now.

"Gary Lineker told a story here on Friday to illustrate why he has started to feel distinctly underwhelmed with Lionel Messi in this World Cup and suspects that the Argentinian will never get close to emulating Diego Maradona’s achievements in this tournament. It went back to Lineker’s days at Barcelona when he was asked to play alongside Maradona in a Rest of the World team against a Football League XI.": “Every player was in awe,” Lineker recalled. “He just had this unbelievable presence. “He got bored and walked out on to the pitch for the warm-up, juggling the ball all the way to the halfway line, and then he just booted the ball about 50 yards into the sky and it came straight down on his foot. Then he booted it again into the air. He did it about 12 times and never had to do anything other than walk. It was unbelievable. “It doesn’t sound that great but, when we got back to Barcelona, all the players tried it and the best anyone could do was three. He was unbelievable, by a million miles the best player I played with or against. It’s not meant as a pun but his left foot could manipulate the ball as if it were a hand.”

“Diego apologised to me after he scored the second goal against England. He could see me unmarked at the far post the whole way but he couldn’t find a gap to get the ball to me. The fact is I felt offended. It was an insult to my profession. I mean, even on a run like that he still has the time to look up and see me. As a player I was nothing compared to him. He was incredible.” — Jorge Valdano

If he played today, Maradona's temperament, self destructive tendencies and off field 'issues' would see him wind up at Stoke before being out the game completely by the time he was 30.

5 hours ago, Kuro said:

Cagliari would like a word