Pars vs Ayr Sat 19th October

I thought the ref did OK on the whole, in a game that was far from easy to referee. Certainly, he got some things wrong and I had a few shouts at him, but when the game is as frantic as that second half was, with so much going on, it makes things much harder for the referee. It's possible for decisions to be wrong without them being terrible decisions. He let both teams away with some things but didn't let it get out of hand, and I thought the way he refereed the game contributed to making it the fast-paced exciting game that we surely all like to see. I'm generally more forgiving of mistakes when things go that way, though I realise that's easier to say after a win than after a loss.

Don’t really agree here. Your correct in saying he let things go and that contributed to the fast-flowing/competitive nature of the game but that’s not job of the ref, He’s there to enforce the laws of the game and keep a lid on things, he did neither. If fouls are made every 10 seconds then that’s how often you blow the whistle. I know some would walk away with the ‘ref ruined that’ when the game is stopped regularly but it’s not his fault if that happens, it’s entirely on the players.

I think the reality is, the officials were very poor all round yesterday. They missed a lot for both teams. They were also very very inconsistent with their decisions, which is always really frustrating when you’re watching the game.

After Ashcroft’s goal, I genuinely don’t know what happened, but I saw the ref charging over to free Coley (who seemed to have the ball, trying to get it back to the centre circle?) from Muirhead, who had his arm wrapped round his chest/neck from behind. Normally you’d see a yellow for that, no? But the referee only spoke to Coley about it, from what I could see. Which seemed bizarre, given the situation he had gone across to. Maybe someone saw what actually happened?

He also stopped Ayr taking a quick free kick because one of their players (who didn’t need treatment) was on the ground. Later in the game, he ignored quite a few instances of players being down, needing treatment. Before stopping an Ayr attack, because of a player being down (again, not needing treatment).

He also seemed to go through spells of giving fouls for the slightest contact and then spells of giving absolutely nothing. I’m not expecting referees to be faultless, but the least we should be able to expect is consistency - at least within the same game.
Keeper and Coley pushing each other coley trying to get the ball then the ayr defenders starting grabbing coley and one of them tried a sneaky kick.

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
4 hours ago, CallumPar said:
I think the reality is, the officials were very poor all round yesterday. They missed a lot for both teams. They were also very very inconsistent with their decisions, which is always really frustrating when you’re watching the game.

After Ashcroft’s goal, I genuinely don’t know what happened, but I saw the ref charging over to free Coley (who seemed to have the ball, trying to get it back to the centre circle?) from Muirhead, who had his arm wrapped round his chest/neck from behind. Normally you’d see a yellow for that, no? But the referee only spoke to Coley about it, from what I could see. Which seemed bizarre, given the situation he had gone across to. Maybe someone saw what actually happened?

He also stopped Ayr taking a quick free kick because one of their players (who didn’t need treatment) was on the ground. Later in the game, he ignored quite a few instances of players being down, needing treatment. Before stopping an Ayr attack, because of a player being down (again, not needing treatment).

He also seemed to go through spells of giving fouls for the slightest contact and then spells of giving absolutely nothing. I’m not expecting referees to be faultless, but the least we should be able to expect is consistency - at least within the same game.

Keeper and Coley pushing each other coley trying to get the ball then the ayr defenders starting grabbing coley and one of them tried a sneaky kick.

We need to get our own grass-cam footage of that. 

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

We need to get our own grass-cam footage of that. 

It didn't happen or you would of.

To be honest, I'm not sure what Coley was trying to acheive. With the rest of your team away celebrating in the corner had he got his way and we kicked off it would have been 11 v 2. Its different if you are chasing the game so the celebrations are muted and back to business but the rest of the team was in the corner celebrating. I thought it was bizzare of him. I take it he is inexperienced?

It didn't happen or you would of. To be honest, I'm not sure what Coley was trying to acheive. With the rest of your team away celebrating in the corner had he got his way and we kicked off it would have been 11 v 2. Its different if you are chasing the game so the celebrations are muted and back to business but the rest of the team was in the corner celebrating. I thought it was bizzare of him. I take it he is inexperienced? 

Coley is inexperienced but there was a few (kilte especially) that looked towards the ball hopefull for a quickish restart.

Not sure how much football you have watched but guessing not very much,no ref is going to restart the match till all 22 players are in the correct half and ready to restart

Edit- I’d actually like a ‘start as soon as your ready’ approach like in basketball, but that’s not the case currentlly.

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Not sure how much football you have watched but guessing not very much,no ref is going to restart the match till all 22 players are in the correct half and ready to restart.

I think you missed my point. ☝️

Why try and get the ball off us (which is technically our ball) instead of celebrating with your team mates? Him trying to grab the ball wasn't going to speed up the kick off was it? The end of the celebration was.

33 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Oh rest assured Dunfermline send a weekly grass video to the SFA

Aye, remember they got Cardle's red overturned when Murphy got him sent off and then had a chuckle. Has anyone got that footage as its glorious?

I think you missed my point. [emoji121]️

Why try and get the ball off us (which is technically our ball) instead of celebrating with your team mates? Him trying to grab the ball wasn't going to speed up the kick off was it? The end of the celebration was.

Ok missed your 11 v 2 sarcasm. Mostly agree on that striker vs keeper challenges for getting the ball are mostly pointless. had coley grabbed the ball unapposed the KO would have been sped up by about 5 seconds and with the general scrabble 10 were maybe wasted. Neither over which probably would have changed the time added on.(from memory the ref added 3 minutes(ignoring the Paton treatment), most of which would be accounted for for the standard 30s for goals and subs.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Ok missed your 11 v 2 sarcasm. Mostly agree on that striker vs keeper challenges for getting the ball are mostly pointless. had coley grabbed the ball unapposed the KO would have been sped up by about 5 seconds and with the general scrabble 10 were maybe wasted. Neither over which probably would have changed the time added on.(from memory the ref added 3 minutes(ignoring the Paton treatment), most of which would be accounted for for the standard 3Os for goals and subs.

Agree 100%

Great result and badly needed. Fully expected a defeat when they went 2-1 up but good effort to turn it around and get the three points.

Paton and Geggan both should have been sent off. Neither of Nesbit's terrible dives should have been penalties. First goal isn't getting enough love #sexyaf. Ashcroft is Zidane.

I know United got skelped at Queens but always a tough place for us to get a result, so no major expectations there. After that though, it's:

Arbroath (H)

Queens (H)

Alloa (A)

SUPERB chance to pick up points. Got to take advantage and start getting this season back on track after a horrible start.