Dunfermline vs Alloa - An Athletic Encounter (Sat 28th Dec)

Feared the worst with Graham and Trouten out but that's a terrific result. Adam Brown taking Trouten's place as the hammer of the Pars😁?

This Alloa team has a knack of pulling out a positive result when we really need one. Keeps us in touch going into the New Year and hopefully the manager can now add some decent loans asap. 

The board will be happy with just staying afloat, so he’ll be here for the foreseeable.

It’s odd. They tell the fans they’re aiming for promotion, or at least a playoff spot, but that “at least we’ve got a club” attitude creeps in and we just put up with it.

There was a five minute spell after the penalty where the players gave up. Confidence looked utterly shot and they just felt sorry for themselves.

Attacks in the second half summed up Dunfermline under Crawford; totally aimless and going nowhere. His second game in charge we looked totally gutless and nothing has improved in the 12 months since. AJ would have done no worse and he was rightly punted.

We all know the club are happy to accept complete mediocrity though, so he’ll probably get another year

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Right let's dig deeper into that magical pot of endless cash to sack them, appoint (insert next management team here) as well as new signings and if it doesn't work, rinse and repeat.

Ah, the “we can’t afford to sack him” argument.

All I need now is “nobody to replace him” for a full house.

He’s a total dud.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

If we can, can we afford to do it again if the next guy fucks it up in 12 months time and we're still where we are?

Are you suggesting we just buy our way out? Because that's what I'm seeing.

Not even close to suggesting that and honestly baffled you see it that way.

Crawford isn’t good enough for the job, he never was and I highly doubt he ever will be. The idea we should all just shrug our shoulders and accept it is as laughable as it is depressing.

Not even close to suggesting that and honestly baffled you see it that way.
Crawford isn’t good enough for the job, he never was and I highly doubt he ever will be. The idea we should all just shrug our shoulders and accept it is as laughable as it is depressing.
Who's accepting it? I'm fucking seething at that result in all honesty and do I believe Crawford has what it takes? No, after 12 months I'm not convinced.

So do we sack them? And whom to bring in? Don't say that's not your problem, if you want change give a good solution because I'm genuinely unaware who might be available that's worth giving a go.

Scary how easily we fell apart. Real concern this will become a Crawford slump that will see us in a relegation fight.

Who actually put the tackle in for the penalty? It was poor communication that led to the chance initially but the decision to slide in there is bonkers.
I think it was nesbit. No idea what he was doing back there.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Who's accepting it? I'm fucking seething at that result in all honesty and do I believe Crawford has what it takes? No, after 12 months I'm not convinced.

So do we sack them? And whom to bring in? Don't say that's not your problem, if you want change give a good solution because I'm genuinely unaware who might be available that's worth giving a go.

I can’t believe the club would have been dumb enough to get themselves into a situation where they can’t afford to bin a manager. He’s on a rolling deal, so I’m sure there will be a way out.

As for a replacement, I’d ask for applications and hire the best candidate. Avoid just giving it to the cheap option and crossing your fingers.

Edwards looked utterly beaten when he came off. Head down, booted something in the dugout.

This whole Crawford experiment is supposed to be about developing young players but I can’t think of one that’s better now than they were a year ago. Nesbit, Dow and Comrie have been good signings but fully believe a competent coach would be doing better with this squad.

The league is absolutely pathetic standard and we still look like mid-table junk at best.

18 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
21 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
I think it was nesbit. No idea what he was doing back there.

It was. He was covering that area because nobody had a clue who was meant to be playing where when McDonald came on. A shambles.

The left back area? Thar should've been Edwards domain. 

I posted a few weeks back that he wasn't upto it and the past few weeks have confirmed it, gubbins. 

I dont want to have a go at a youngster but I really am surprised that Turner starts most weeks. Lightweight, poor touch, negative and gives the ball away constantly. I know that playing Cochrane denies our youth a chance but then whats the point of getting him on loan?
Turner and Paton is as bad as wedderburn and shiels. Terrible.