Another Royal steps down...

4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Well let's try and spell this out to you.

EVERY word that comes out of the Queen's mouth is carefully scripted so she doesn't actually offer her own opinion and offend anyone.

When they let the Royals loose to talk freely you get interviews like the 1 Paedo Andy gave and Phil putting his foot in it like Frank fucking Spencer.

To claim you haven't seen a racist angle from the robot Royals is pretty silly unless you can see behind the scenes.

So you took from my post that I wouldn't concede to racism unless the Queen stood on a podium and announced that no non-whites will ever be admitted into the family again?

The fact that Philip has an outdated view of the world doesn't make the press coverage/campaign against her steeped in racist sentiment.

I think there are plenty of things about her and her background prior to meeting Harry (many of the things that make her likeable, I should say) that they won't like beyond her skin colour. I'm not saying racism isn't and can't be a factor at all, I just think it's a bit lazy to conclude racism straight away.

Aye, there's definitely hints that the underlying issue for many of the gammon types and the press is that someone of mixed race has married into the Royal Family, you can see it in the way it's reported and the complete unfounded rage some of them seem to have towards her with no reasonable explanation behind it. 

Saw someone on twitter say that it's just another thing to add to the list of topics ''people weren't angry about until the Daily Mail told them to be'' - alongside the EU, which sums it up for me. You can see with a lot of these folk that they don't have any actual reasons for disliking her but they just know they do.

Edited by Fratelli

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've never really seen the racism angle here, personally.

I don't think she's welcome because she's  a celebrity, not from any wealthy background and more importantly quite outspoken.

There’s been numerous instances of racism towards her from the media. The daily mail ran the “straight outta Compton” article trying to link her to gangs and a BBC employee that compared her child to a chimp. 
My point was that Morgan denied any media racism towards her at all when there clearly has been. 

10 minutes ago, St. Jude said:

There’s been numerous instances of racism towards her from the media. The daily mail ran the “straight outta Compton” article trying to link her to gangs and a BBC employee that compared her child to a chimp. 
My point was that Morgan denied any media racism towards her at all when there clearly has been. 

OK, let's change the narrative then. There have been instances of media reporting that have been racist (although on Danny Baker, I still think you'd have to be so thick to knowingly post something so racist that I almost believe him that it was an accident).

But I am not convinced that the underlying negativity towards her is driven by racism. I think she sees the monarchy for what it is, and she's willing to speak her mind and not tow the line, like say Kate Middleton does. I'd say that's a much bigger factor.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

OK, let's change the narrative then. There have been instances of media reporting that have been racist (although on Danny Baker, I still think you'd have to be so thick to knowingly post something so racist that I almost believe him that it was an accident).

But I am not convinced that the underlying negativity towards her is driven by racism. I think she sees the monarchy for what it is, and she's willing to speak her mind and not tow the line, like say Kate Middleton does. I'd say that's a much bigger factor.

I would say that a lot of the criticism stems from her not being "good enough". This opinion will be formed from her race, nationality and lack of noble status. Kate got pelters before Meghan turned up for being "a commoner". Now she is the sainted one because at least she is a posh English bird. 

Quite why journalists and members of the public who are not members of the aristocracy believe in this nobility shite is beyond me, but they do. 

Edited by The OP

4 minutes ago, The OP said:

I would say that a lot of the criticism stems from her not being "good enough". This will be created by race, nationality and lack of noble status. Kate got pelters before Meghan turned up for being "a commoner". Now she is the sainted one because at least she is a posh English bird. 

Quite why journalists and members of the public who are not members of the aristocracy believe in this nobility shite is beyond me, but they do. 

I think you're right on all counts.

The degree of racism involved is up for debate but she is absolutely deemed 'not good enough' and even more so for having outspoken opinions of her own.

15 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Megan and Kate would be a fantastic threesome and I will be upset with Harry or Wills if 1 of them at least didn't try when drunk.

I'd be more up for Kate's sister, the telephoto lens pics of Kate sunbathing topless were a bit of a disappointment.

4 hours ago, btb said:

What I find strange about the couples decision is on the one hand they seem to be looking to reduce their exposure to the media but if they are to fund themselves they'll have to go down the Kardashian route and that'll have the complete opposite effect and likely with a lot less restraint in what's said about them, certainly in the UK.

The Royals want it both ways. They want to cash in on celebrity. But get special treatment for privacy when they wish and to avoid any criticism.

My hope is increasing that Liz will be the last monarch or royal Scotland ever has . That's the dream anyway!

3 minutes ago, milhouse said:

The Royals want it both ways. They want to cash in on celebrity. But get special treatment for privacy when they wish and to avoid any criticism.

My hope is increasing that Liz will be the last monarch or royal Scotland ever has . That's the dream anyway!

Piers Morgan frequently refers to her as the Queen of England.

Hopefully, if she lives long enough, she might end up becoming just that.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Can I just intimate how sad the good townspeople of Dumbarton are this chill Monday evening at the news that our beloved Earl and Countess are stepping back from royal duties.

We of course wish them both well in their future endeavours, and remain hopeful that they may find time at some point in the days ahead to visit the town and perhaps open a vaping shop or suchlike.

Megan and Kate would be a fantastic threesome and I will be upset with Harry or Wills if 1 of them at least didn't try when drunk.

Given that :-
a) JugEars was getting ‘tips’ from Savile
and
b) Nonce Andrew was getting ‘tips’ from Epstein
it could be argued that Wills and ‘Half-Brother Harry’ have already missed the 3some boat..........[emoji51][emoji44][emoji56]

23 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Can I just intimate how sad the good townspeople of Dumbarton are this chill Monday evening at the news that our beloved Earl and Countess are stepping back from royal duties.

We of course wish them both well in their future endeavours, and remain hopeful that they may find time at some point in the days ahead to visit the town and perhaps open a vaping shop or suchlike.

Have they ever visited the town?

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

The negative attention is the same negative attention focused on, oh just to pick some people at random, Raheem Sterling, Paul Pogba, Mario Balotelli, Diane Abbott, Gina Miller, Sadiq Khan.

You very often hear stuff like 'they should be grateful' in this kind of coverage. Juxtaposition with other people who seem always to be white. They're not standing up and saying the N or P words as it is necessary to be subtler about it and keep a job. Some are less subtle than others. A professor whose name escapes me just now even showed how pictures from stories about other unrelated minority often end up being printed close to negative stories involving minorities like knife crime, south Asian grooming gangs, County Lines gangs, immigrants from Calais etc. It seems to be almost impulsive among editors.

If you can't see it, spend a day reading the news and assuming you are a member of one of these minorities.

Remarkably similar to how our Alfredo the great is treated by the Scottish media.