Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Pity those of us stuck within initial 12 months deals, the true victims of this pandemic. 

Indemnity claim, chargeback, section 75, the world's your oyster.

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

This may sound stupid but what do I do with my dog if I go into self isolation/the country goes into lockdown. His little life revolves around walks and playing, if I’m not able to do that I don’t know what I’ll do with him.

Eat it.

Beste9n to it by octogenarian GD, the shame.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

5 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Pity those of us stuck within initial 12 months deals, the true victims of this pandemic. 

Forgot to check with DAFC whether I'd worked hard enough at school to be allowed to have sky. 

If only id sought his advice I wouldn't be in this mess now

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 05:52, ICTChris said:

Authorities in China have warned that a new coronoavirus that has killed nine people could mutate further and cause more deaths.  The virus, known also as 2019-nCoV, is understood to be a new strain of coronavirus that has not previously been identified in humans.  Signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.

Cases have been reported in South Korea, the US and Thailand. 

Is it time to stock up on those little surgical masks?

Are we all completely fucked?

Should I take the Tamiflu I stockpiled for bird flu?

Have any P&Bers ever been part of a worldwide pandemic?

Pish. Will blow over without anyone even noticing IMHO

I would expect everyone at the Tay Bridge to show their full travel history for the past few weeks, meaning any weegie would have to stay in Fife for a period before crossing the bridge.
f**k that for a game of soldiers, we don't want them

On 22/01/2020 at 05:52, ICTChris said:

Authorities in China have warned that a new coronoavirus that has killed nine people could mutate further and cause more deaths.  The virus, known also as 2019-nCoV, is understood to be a new strain of coronavirus that has not previously been identified in humans.  Signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.

Cases have been reported in South Korea, the US and Thailand. 

Is it time to stock up on those little surgical masks?

Are we all completely fucked?

Should I take the Tamiflu I stockpiled for bird flu?

Have any P&Bers ever been part of a worldwide pandemic?

On 22/01/2020 at 06:03, G_Man1985 said:

No
No
No
No

Image result for bruce forsyth gif

1 hour ago, FrankChickens1 said:

_____

Is the Scotland v Wales rugby tomorrow the last big event standing? If they don't cancel it soon it'll almost be too late. I suppose they might not if the reason for cancelling the football is not the crowds but rather than competitive fairness.

Gone

Seems like maybe stating the obvious here and its maybe been discussed already but it really does seem to me, the more names and numbers you see testing positive, that this might already be absolutely rife all around us. It just seems like the case that we are probably looking at a high ratio of undetected cases until eventually its passed to someone who really suffers, and gets tested, or worse hospitalised.

Starting to wonder if we are already at the stage of massive infection rates and just dont know it

Hopefully everyone who pays a TV subscription with Sky / Virgin etc will now cancel, seeing as the majority pay the crazy monthly bill to watch live sport.
Can't say I'd be disappointed to see them get a right kick in the teeth financially.
To be fair to Sky, they wanted to show all the closed door Serie A games on their free to air channel. The league refused and told them that would be in breach of their contract.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Seems like maybe stating the obvious here and its maybe been discussed already but it really does seem to me, the more names and numbers you see testing positive, that this might already be absolutely rife all around us. It just seems like the case that we are probably looking at a high ratio of undetected cases until eventually its passed to someone who really suffers, and gets tested, or worse hospitalised.

Starting to wonder if we are already at the stage of massive infection rates and just dont know it

According to England’s Chief Medical Officer there are likely to be between 50,000 and 100,000 infected people in the UK at present.  If that is the case then the mortality rate (so far) is pretty low.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, WATTOO said:
Hopefully everyone who pays a TV subscription with Sky / Virgin etc will now cancel, seeing as the majority pay the crazy monthly bill to watch live sport.
Can't say I'd be disappointed to see them get a right kick in the teeth financially.

To be fair to Sky, they wanted to show all the closed door Serie A games on their free to air channel. The league refused and told them that would be in breach of their contract.

Sky do not have the rights to Serie A games this season, Premier Sports do.

Fair certain this is the case. Boy on tv thus morning fuming that we’re 4 weeks too late to do anything about it.

Also a GP friend of mine says they’re preparing for 10-14weeks from now being the peak for treatment cases.