Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Go back a couple of pages and look at today's YouTube from Dr. John Campbell. He explains all.
Have just got through all of the posts since last night so fair enough. There's a fair amount of false information doing the rounds as usual so seeing it shared as 'true or not' is what bothered me. The only public health info I'm currently taking seriously is from the good Doctor Leitch.

Guest JTS98

Malaysia just announced the closure of non-essential businesses from Wednesday.

I think I'll be out a job soon.

It's 10.30pm here so need to wait till tomorrow to find out what's happening from work.

3 minutes ago, alr said:
23 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
Go back a couple of pages and look at today's YouTube from Dr. John Campbell. He explains all.

Have just got through all of the posts since last night so fair enough. There's a fair amount of false information doing the rounds as usual so seeing it shared as 'true or not' is what bothered me. The only public health info I'm currently taking seriously is from the good Doctor Leitch.

Fair comment. Campbell, however, appears to be quite authoritative and I don't think he's being called out on his info. TBH, he's giving a better public service than some of the 'politicians'.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We jokingly got a gift of toilet roll for our wedding, in a bag with a wedding card in it.

Hotel allowed us to store things there after the wedding until today.

Just discovered that someone has genuinely stolen a wedding card for a single roll of toilet paper.

What a fucking world.

Condolences to your wife.

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Increases in UK and Scotland seem to have slowed right down. Not sure if its linked to how many people they're testing or what. 

I think the same thing's happened in Scandinavia - only testing in hospitals now. The running totals are insane in terms of avoiding panic, but unfortunately this will make people think the death rate is even higher.

14 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Malaysia just announced the closure of non-essential businesses from Wednesday.

I think I'll be out a job soon.

It's 10.30pm here so need to wait till tomorrow to find out what's happening from work.

All the best JTS. Pretty sure that once your gaffers realise that you've got the virus AND your team are going down, they'll take pity and keep you on.

😄

Richard Branson eh.... The peoples billionaire, man of quotes like "train your people so they are able to leave, treat them so they dont want to"

Another one showing his true colours. This is "we are all in this together" all over again. Some people simply looking for other to take the hit on their behalf.

Utter utter c**t of a man. Hope he catches it and dies.

In other new, my local Sainsbury's has been panic bought out of Stella, Corona and Bud. Tennents supply seems safe for now but this is a worrying development

The Norwegian Refugee Council, one of the major NGOs helping refugees worldwide, has warned that the coronavirus will decimate refugee communities if countries do not act now, Jon Henley reports.

Jan Egeland, the organisation’s secretary general, said:

"As world leaders brace for the worst within their borders, they must not abandon those living outside them. We must turbocharge our humanity and stand in international solidarity with refugees and displaced people during this time of widespread uncertainty."

Egeland,a former senior United Nations official for humanitarian affairs, said millions of conflict-affected people were living in cramped refugee and displacement sites with desperately poor hygiene and sanitation facilities.

"When the virus hits overcrowded settlements in places like Iran, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Greece, the consequences will be devastating. We must act now. There will also be carnage when the virus reaches parts of Syria, Yemen and Venezuela where hospitals have been demolished and health systems have collapsed."

He called for national contingency planning to include vulnerable communities inside countries’ borders and more flexibility from donors so that humanitarian organisations could scale up water, sanitation and hygiene facilities “and take other necessary actions to help avoid a catastrophe”.

Coronavirus “doesn’t discriminate or play politics”, Egeland said.

"Neither should the world when it comes to supporting those most at risk of contracting the illness."