Coronavirus (COVID-19)

They've had to stop filming Eastenders.

I, for one, welcome our new Coronavirus overlord.

The scriptwriters have an easy out if they want to cancel it forever.

Everyone got coronavirus and died. The end. Except Ian Beale, who seems to be fucking immortal.

Just picked up some mince and breskfast stuff from butchers on Byres Road. Was good too see Iceland doing their two hour shop for the elderly and vulnerable. 

Obviously nobody using automated tills but seemed to be a few older folk making use of it. Unlike the vermin filling their SUVs at Costco and supermarkets with stuff they'll never use, they all had a bag of two and or a pack of bog roll. 

Worker at the door Said about 100 folk had made use of the service.

Some guy was asking an old dear outside where she got her loo roll. I told him go to Tesco or wait till 12 o'clock. 

So well done Iceland. Just makes you think the number of OAPs or infirm who haven't been able to make it out to the shops or get what they need?

All supermarkets should follow suit.

On the downside they've cut hours 10-6 as they don't deliver anymore. So staff probably getting a cut to their wage. Tesco closing earlier too.

TL;DR All for designated hours for vulnerable folk to get their messages.

*Got a 9 pack of Andres in Tesco early doors and a couple of packs of Anadin. DM me with bids...

Edited by jagfox99

Guest bernardblack
Eastenders cancelled.
Braw

Has it really? That’s a concern tbh.

My mum is older and has no internet in the house and that’s the sort of stuff to keep her going if she’s going to be stuck in the house

“Politics is best understood as public relations for particular interests. The interests come first; politics is the means by which they are justified and promoted. On the left, the dominant interest groups can be very large – everyone who uses public services, for instance. On the right they tend to be much smaller. In the US, the UK and Australia, they are very small indeed: mostly multimillionaires and a very particular group of companies: those whose profits depend on the cavalier treatment of people and planet.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/18/politics-public-covid-19-tobacco-johnson?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Alternatively, if it makes absolutely no difference we could put the whole nonsense in the bin.

Secondly, yes. It is what makes it affordable for restaurant chains etc. If the products were produced here prices would rocket and you would then complain about that.

Personally I wouldn’t but get your point.

ETA think I’ve said on here before but people’s insistence on measuring absolutely everything in monetary terms does my head in.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

21 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Feel really sorry for folks on benefits and pensions that can't afford a 'big shop'. 

This is what particularly annoys me about the panic buyers. I'd be all for the greedy c***s getting a swift batoning from a squaddie and sent up the road empty handed.

Edited by jagfox99

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The scriptwriters have an easy out if they want to cancel it forever.

Everyone got coronavirus and died. The end. Except Ian Beale, who seems to be fucking immortal.

The fact that you know something (anything) about Eastenders has lowered my estimation of you.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Look on the bright side. As things get worse, the panic buying, the lack of a social life, never mind the thought of actually contracting coronavirus itself.... we’ll still have each other and our witty cheery P&B banter to keep our spirits flying high and our danders well and truly up.... hold on. Fcuking Div has rationed the use of the Kenneth Williams gif.

anybody know when the Banter Years will restart?  Missing it dreadfully.

2 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

anybody know when the Banter Years will restart?  Missing it dreadfully.

The banter years never end. Awaiting a statement demanding that the rest of the games are played as they're too skint.

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I'm actually off on holiday right now, going in to work this afternoon to help out though as we are getting hammered, unlike that person I won't be getting paid ot for it, I am doing it because I want to help. You have zero knowledge of who I am & what I am like as a person so please keep your inverse snobbery & irrational hatred to yourself.

So when people are being told to stay at home, work from home when they can etc, you've decided to go into work whilst you're actually on holiday? Smart.