Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Got a note through the door yesterday evening. There's a couple at the bottom of the street sticking these notes through all the doors offering to help anyone that needs help for free. Need someone to talk to, need someone to go pick up messages etc. Name, address and phone number on the note. 

Thought that was really nice.

Getting them to put a bet on for me and get me a carry out. 

They're coming from Mutual Aid Groups that are being set up around the country. My local CLP are spearheading ours but are stressing it's cross (and non) party affiliated. I'm going to do the same in the next couple of days. 

I'm wondering if all these English lads filming themselves in hallways telling us exactly when this lockdown will happen are our equivalent of Evangelical doomsday cultists with them simply doubling down and becoming more fervent when their predictions turn out to be shite.

18 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Apparently from Monday they're going to start testing us too.   Not sure how they will work out.

You're not going to fall for the finger up the bum gag are you?

Edited by Zen Archer Esq.

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Will Madame Tynierose swipe right or left ? 😍

Well I particularly avoided the 'wid' trope but, as she's birthed a Jambo, it is clearly a 'swipe right'.

Is yer own maw able to get out for daily methadone?

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So much fearmongering, so it's worth spreading any 'good' news I can:

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israeli-nobel-laureate-Coronavirus-spread-is-slowing-621145

Interesting.

And more potentially good news from the same paper :

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israel-Palestinians-set-up-joint-operations-room-to-combat-coronavirus-621431

Just back from Cyprus,  only 16 allowed in a coach to airport, but then thrown in with well over a thousand at airport departures. Nearly 200 on the flight and the only two that were wearing masks had to sit in front of me. What a state, didgy and nervous as f**k if anyone went near them. They did take their masks off however to eat crisps and sweets, so they managed. Plane stopped and they made a run for it down the aisle from row 20, they got as far as row 18. 

8 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Just back from Cyprus,  only 16 allowed in a coach to airport, but then thrown in with well over a thousand at airport departures. Nearly 200 on the flight and the only two that were wearing masks had to sit in front of me. What a state, didgy and nervous as f**k if anyone went near them. They did take their masks off however to eat crisps and sweets, so they managed. Plane stopped and they made a run for it down the aisle from row 20, they got as far as row 18. 

I'd have farted and wafted it towards them as a public service to help check if their masks were effective.

Nice to see you're still alive Heed, ya ould bugger!

:cheers

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'd have farted and wafted it towards them as a public service to help check if their masks were effective.

Nice to see you're still alive Heed, ya ould bugger!

:cheers

I took to the coughing with the shit dry air shortly after take off, they were cringing and shaking their heads. I particularly liked wen she went to the toilet, came back, opened her crisps, pulled the mask down and was licking her fingers with each mouthful