Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Jamba1789 said:

First time poster long time reader.  Keep up the quality content in these troubling times!

Some breaking news..

Law Society of Scotland has put a hold on registering title deeds in the land register.  I was due to move into a new flat Friday which has currently been kaiboshed as the new title deed cannot be registered.

Also, just off the phone to ee. Apparently all broadband moves for all UK broadband companies need to go through a call centre in India due to common Bt infrastructure (India which is now on lockdown, nobody picking up the phone!). Earliest they anticipate being able to do new broadband connections/moves is now early June. 

Only virgin broadband is okay because apparently they have separate UK infrastructure?

Insignificant compared to the life an death stuff going on but interesting regardless

These bots are fast becoming some of the site’s most articulate posters.

11 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I’m being daft here so apologies
in advance.....

The 80% piece. Is that so my work would not have to let me go? Or 80% guaranteed wages should there be no work for me to do and go on “gardening leave” for a few months?

Both. 

12 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I’m being daft here so apologies
in advance.....

The 80% piece. Is that so my work would not have to let me go? Or 80% guaranteed wages should there be no work for me to do and go on “gardening leave” for a few months?

Covers both, I think. 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

14A7753E-2F4E-431D-B576-D98A520BAE04.jpeg

Quite a few guys in work got that today. 

My work are operating the got symptoms - 7 days off. Living with someone with symptoms - 14 days off. It was 14/14 up until today. 3 folk ordered back in Tomorrow and Thursday as their 7 days are up. Could be about to get fun. 

I went out my walk and was away about an hour and a half. I saw about a dozen people in that whole time, mostly out walking dogs. I’d go to the edge of the pavement and one family rather than being single file, walked past me all bunched together. Twats

Also one of the drivers that passed me looked at me as if was shit on his shoe for having the audacity to be outdoors. Sad times 

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Considering the even stricter laws the Italians put into place recently, that’s very bad indeed.

Could be ‘recently’ is the operative word.  What we have just done will take weeks to have an real impact.

Considering the even stricter laws the Italians put into place recently, that’s very bad indeed.
It really is worrying, then and Spain.

Scotland had 2 deaths today, which seems promising (although one day can easy be a blip).

The uk has risen by 87 today. How is that looking as a trend?

London is being hit hard, and it's only going to get worse.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah theres been a lot of positivity over the dropping figures...

Screenshot_20200324-172347_Chrome.jpg.c91d3136659d6f70201e2a64adfb5187.jpg

... only for it to be announced as 743 today.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It really is worrying, then and Spain.

Scotland had 2 deaths today, which seems promising (although one day can easy be a blip).

London is being hit hard, and it's only going to get worse.

New York looking for 30000 ventilators. That's a frighteningly high number. 

The UK trend ain't looking great but it's early days. 

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Italy had around 345 deaths on the 19th day after the first death, if that's any comparison.

Screenshot_20200324-173210_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0a5664c406bb6a34edf4a7222a511abb.jpg