Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 minutes ago, philpy said:

I’m a builders merchants, and I'm a bit concerned about how this will all affect our branch. We were only taken over by a shareholding group of companies 2 years ago, we were ran by a Dundee firm before that, head office at tealing.

I think the biggest issue will be how people react once the lockdown is lifted.  If people go back to ‘normal’ in terms of their economic activity I think things will improve quite quickly.  However if people are economically cautious I think the negative impact will be far more severe and long lasting.

In a consumer society the biggest danger to the economy is people stopping consuming due to caution, that caution then causes the very problem they are worried about.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

The US now hurling its toys out of the pram in all directions: halting its funding towards the WHO because the Chinese have done a much better job than them.

It's proper car-crash stuff. The guy is an absolute mentalist.

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Self is a smarmy condescending big cūnt, I like him.

Why are journalists asking these questions, do they just want to hear politicians express the obvious?

People in care homes are unlikely to get taken to hospital, far less ICU. They'll be made as comfortable as possible where they are. If you tried to move most of these old biddies they'd be dead before they reached the ambulance.

Counting them is a double edges sword, on one hand it keeps the numbers a bit lower, on the other it would give a better outlook on the age ratios.

My 97 year old Granny is in a care home. She already has a DNR and very little quality of life. They locked down about 5 weeks ago now and haven’t had any cases (highlands not as badly hit).

But if she did get it then tbh made comfortable is the sensible option all round. Yes be nice if family with her.

On a seperate point. A lot of helicopter activity out of airport tonight. 

Edited by RH33

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Just watching Trump’s presser on CNN........it’s like a fûcking chimp’s tea party.
The man is a delusional dangerous fool.
Batshit crazy doesn’t even come close..........

Is that the first time you've seen him?

We (NZ) are at 9 deaths and an announcement is due tomorrow regarding coming out of level 4. I have to say I think Ardern has been excellent throughout the whole lockdown. She is open and honest at every press conference unlike a few other leaders I can think of.

Our 4 week lockdown is scheduled to end next Wednesday, so we will just have to wait and see. Going back to work will really get in the way of daytime drinking and playing FIFA though.

Trump didn't act quickly enough and has largely been a hindrance but the states need to take part of the blame, especially NJ & NY who were faffing about now account for 50% of the national deaths.

California have less than 700 deaths and purchase 200 million masks per month despite the Trump administration.