Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

That sentence is just as valid.

There are risks in every day life. It's not possible to mitigate them all whilst functioning as a society.

Once deaths are almost into single figures daily in Scotland over a period of time we have to look at trying to take steps to getting back to normal.

Sorry, I wasn’t thinking of it in terms of when we get back to normal, I agree that when deaths go down to single figures over a period and we are reasonably safe from a second peak, is probably the time.

I just mean that I have seen a lot of people using it as justification as to why the measures don’t apply to them or why they aren’t worried about getting so should be allowed to go out etc. Just think it’s risky to rely on if you are younger. 

Edited by Jambomo

This will prove unpopular I am sure, and in no way am I trying to say that yer protesting American isnt an idiot, but they are being misrepresented somewhat IMO. Their issue which is always prevalent over there, is with the government overstepping the mark as per the constitution.

I think their constitution fetish is hilarious, but that's mostly what it is.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Who are you, the parachutologist?

I actually started thinking about whether you could remove a parachute in stages or not.  I suppose the result would be different when you took it off - if you wait until you are ten feet from landing you'll probably be alright, half a mile up and not so much.  |I don't know if you can partially remove a parachute, could it partially open or collapse on the way down?

You can read more about this in my 4,000 word blog post which ends with me throwing myself out a plane with no parachute in order to dish it to the haters in the comments.

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

If there are league matches and european matches happening elsewhere whilst our clubs sit doing nothing until a vaccine is readily available, the entire football structure here will collapse.

I'm pretty sure the Government won't and can't give a flying fcuck about Football in the middle of a global pandemic.

Remember the majority of our leagues have already closed down / been finished early anyway, so what's good for the Goose and all that.....

Edited by WATTOO

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This will prove unpopular I am sure, and in no way am I trying to say that yer protesting American isnt an idiot, but they are being misrepresented somewhat IMO. Their issue which is always prevalent over there, is with the government overstepping the mark as per the constitution.

I think their constitution fetish is hilarious, but that's mostly what it is.

They only stand by the bits of the amendments that suit their agenda. 

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I actually started thinking about whether you could remove a parachute in stages or not.  I suppose the result would be different when you took it off - if you wait until you are ten feet from landing you'll probably be alright, half a mile up and not so much.  |I don't know if you can partially remove a parachute, could it partially open or collapse on the way down?

You can read more about this in my 4,000 word blog post which ends with me throwing myself out a plane with no parachute in order to dish it to the haters in the comments.

Getting obliterated into a pulp after jumping out a plane to own the libs

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

They only stand by the bits of the amendments that suit their agenda. 

Of course. That's how lots of politics work. It's just that it's being painted as stupid Trump stirring up stupid people when regardless of subject matter, you would always see Americans rail against heavy handed govt intervention because a lot of them are intrinsically against over reaching government. It's not as simple as "Those stupid Americans dont understand corona" when In reality they are acting true to form*

*I do appreciate there is a lot of stupidity in the form book but this is nothing extraordinary for them 

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

You can ease social distancing in stages whereas you are generally either wearing a parachute or you aren't. 

23 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Who are you, the parachutologist?

Another f****** expert, eh?

21 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm pretty sure the Government won't and can't give a flying fcuck about Football in the middle of a global pandemic.

Remember the majority of our leagues have already closed down / been finished early anyway, so what's good for the Goose and all that.....

Another one that can't see beyond the end of their nose and comprehend that the global picture is likely to be very different 14-17 weeks down the line, and allow open, hypothetical discussion about how said picture may look.

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Shandz, you need to stop posting pics like this. Our A+E depts. will be overwhelmed with middle aged guys showing signs of arrhythmia and carpal tunnel issues.
Please consider the oldies. emoji3525.png

Stay home. Stay safe etc

05A5335F-C709-4320-B41B-344619C32358.jpeg

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Another one that can't see beyond the end of their nose and comprehend that the global picture is likely to be very different in 14-17 weeks down the line, and allow hypothetical discussion about said picture.

The football authorities / clubs themselves deemed it would be impossible to play out the Championship and below, as such, what makes you or anyone else believe that they'll be able to play out the top league ??

Does the virus not have any effect on the Premier league players just those below ??

My main argument was around the fact that you seemed to reckon that the football authorities could somehow overrule the Government just because clubs may be struggling financially. However I'm sure there are many businesses who are more important than football clubs struggling much worse.

Ultimately none of us know what will happen or when it will happen, however what I do know is that Neil Doncaster will have very little say in it.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Of course. That's how lots of politics work. It's just that it's being painted as stupid Trump stirring up stupid people when regardless of subject matter, you would always see Americans rail against heavy handed govt intervention because a lot of them are intrinsically against over reaching government. It's not as simple as "Those stupid Americans dont understand corona" when In reality they are acting true to form*

*I do appreciate there is a lot of stupidity in the form book but this is nothing extraordinary for them 

They are stupid.  Relying on the fundamentals of a document written almost 250 years ago to inform how you should organise your society without taking account of the changes that have happened since then is the definition of stupidity.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Still getting the vibe that there are people who believe the current restrictions will remain in place for as long as there are people dying of covid-19.

I don't think the media help with this. There are people out there who will have no idea how many people die each day normally in the UK, and when they hear "x amount of deaths due to covid-19" are outraged as they have nothing to balance it with.

The time will come when the government and media will need to show covid-19 deaths relative to total deaths, and total deaths relative to average deaths. It's going to be normal for some time for people to die from Covid-19. Like deaths from other causes, we will have to accept this and take steps ourselves to lower the risk of this, in the same way that we lower the risk to ourselves from other causes of death.

At this particular moment the numbers for Covid-19 are too high, hence why lockdown has been extemded

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The football authorities / clubs themselves deemed it would be impossible to play out the Championship and below, as such, what makes you or anyone else believe that they'll be able to play out the top league ??

Do you actually read before the veins pop out of your head?

Of course we can't play football now. All forms of football are currently suspended in Scotland until 10th June, which is the correct thing to do in the current situation.

None of that has absolutely any bearing on whether or not season 2020/21 can start in August.