Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm torn about the clapping thing. Never done it myself, but my wife has a couple of times and most times I get up and stand at the window for a nosey ^^^ Mrs mangel 

Totally agree about the my poppy is bigger than yours parallels. 

But... My kids (4 and 7) really connect with it and it gives a way to talk to them about the shitshow they're living through and why their lives have been turned upside down in the past few weeks. 

Still won't be doing it any time soon and obviously the arseholes with fireworks / kettle drums can get fucked, but I've mellowed a bit towards it tonight after speaking to the boys. 

Your memory is playing tricks. 
The BBC started their coverage after the early airing of Neighbours finished. I was a layabout teenager and used to aim to get up for half 1 to see what was going on in Ramsay St.
The second plane hitting live is the greatest TV moment of my lifetime. The only thing that probably beats it is Ruby killing Oswald. 
Jim robinson did 9/11

I sometimes worry that I'm too cynical about the clapping, but a quick Twitter search for '#NHSclap' confirms otherwise - among the worst offences being some girl smacking a full drum-kit and somebody playing a didgeridoo. 

Special

Edited by DrewDon

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
53 minutes ago, Detournement said:
The BBC started their coverage after the early airing of Neighbours finished. I was a layabout teenager and used to aim to get up for half 1 to see what was going on in Ramsay St.
The second plane hitting live is the greatest TV moment of my lifetime. The only thing that probably beats it is Ruby killing Oswald. 

Jim robinson did 9/11

While Helen Daniels was getting pumped up the Bungle Bungles.

Coincidence? I think not.

15 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

We’ve had highland dancers in the streets ffs 

Permission to sword them.

Anyway Sheila was out with her pot earlier again and I had a wee nosey from the upstairs,  as Hedgecutter will tell you my street is a culdesac which goes round a corner and there’s a street over the back which backs onto one bit of the street. The c***s on that street we’re obviously not getting any clapping action round there so they’ve started coming down there back garden to join the wahoos on our street.  Hats off to the boy across the road who once again, just came out with the fag hingin out the mooth.

15 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I sometimes worry that I'm too cynical about the clapping, but a quick Twitter search for '#NHSclap' confirms otherwise - among the worst offences being some girl smacking a full drum-kit and somebody playing a didgeridoo. 

Special

I gave this a greeny purely because I haven't seen this smiley in a while.

I was quietly confident the clapping might be down from last week's "really no intae it but I suppose" attempt. But I forgot about the Old Tom effect. FFS, pots, pans, clapping and somebody round the corner was drumming. It's going to be difficult to stop this and all the while the Westminster clusterfuck rolls on. Mrs SL is NHS and cringes - welcome in week 1, lost all meaning now.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I was on a Zoom call with 30 people who all disappeared to go and clap. I had to turn my video off so I could keep playing the Xbox without getting cancelled.

That must have been the worst game of celebrity squares ever. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Surely the killing of Charlie Windsors first wife is up there as well.

Family across the road who I've spoke about before, the street ringleaders for the Thursday clapping, had their fucking family turn up literally at 5 past 8 and they all traipsed into their house. Fucking zoomers. The number of cases in the Highlands is rising too.