Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yep. Exactly. And those large droplets account for very little of the airborne covid particles.

There's academic papers out there which explain this if WRK could calm himself down a bit, stop reading his Health and Safety User Manual as though it was the bible and have a wee look himself.

Ah, the joys of academia. I work in the real world, where dreaming spires are rare. 

Just now, Rugster said:

Benefits of AZ outweigh risks says EMA. Blood clot is possible side effect. 

Yeah, clots in patients with low platelets should be listed in very rare side effects. Hardly seems s how stopper to my untrained eye

Just now, Rugster said:

Benefits of AZ outweigh risks says EMA. Blood clot is possible side effect. 

EMA open up with a big thumbs up.  Go on to say list them as side effects.  doesn't sound like they're pulling it.  Doubt the MHRA will either.

Just now, Rugster said:

Agree. 

If this is just putting the big guns in the room to present the data and kill the speculation, perhaps lessons will have been learned in doing this approach in future, rather than letting folk chat shit unchecked for weeks on end...........

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

We seem to be shitting the bed here a bit. Wonder what this will do to the rollout timetable.

Seen an article before saying if was ditched for under 50s it would have a huge effect. Other than that I doubt its significant really. Just prioritise Pfizer/Moderna/J&J/Novavax for U30s. 

Seen an article before saying if was ditched for under 50s it would have a huge effect. Other than that I doubt its significant really. Just prioritise Pfizer/Moderna/J&J/Novavax for U30s. 

It's bound to massively ramp up scepticism re AZ in general though, anti vaxxers dream ticket unfortunately.