Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Return of crowds to Racing in Ireland later this month......
Leopardstown’s capacity for Saturday week’s meeting is 4,000, and it will be a mixed outdoor event with access to the indoor spaces, but with proof of a vaccine required for those consuming food and beverage indoors.

So 4000 can attend but to go indoors even just for a pint requires the Irish vaccine cert.

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  357.3 to 355.4 down 0.53%, England 312.9 to 308.0 down 1.57%, Wales 422.0 to 424.6 up 0.62%, Northern Ireland  610.3 to 593.9 down 2.69%
England down for 5th day in a row & NI for 3rd day in a row.
Scotland up for 28th day in a row and has the top 7 authorities in the UK.
Englands number 1 authority Kingston upon Hull is down at 530.6 which is hugely below our average.
Most schools go back in the other home nations on Monday.  Some back already in NI.
Must mean a JCVI briefing is imminent.
Plenty political pressure now down south to join Nicola

Ministers are urging Britain’s vaccine regulator to “get on” with a decision on whether to authorise Covid jabs for teenagers to prevent further disruption to education in the new school year.

Gavin Williamson, the education secretary, told Times Radio that ministers were waiting with “bated breath” for a decision from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) on whether to authorise Covid jabs for children aged between 12 and 15. Older teenagers have already been offered the jab.

Horrendous figures for Scotland, again. What are we doing so badly wrong?

20 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
59 minutes ago, Detournement said:
Aye and their use will expanded into immigration, criminal justice and the benefits system. 

Nurse !!!!

Why wouldn't it be used alongside ankle bracelets, bail conditions, ASBOs or day release?

Immigration is an obvious one, if you are here illegally you won't have a valid passport. Benefits it could be used to sanction people who aren't spending 38 hours a week or whatever looking for work alongside the required diary. 

This thread has had some twists, but Falkirk fans talking about crowds of 10,000 is definitely a milestone.

Except they weren’t really were they?
Pointing out that 2 clubs with similar low levels of support could end up on different sides of the passport cut off because one has a larger stafium and could theoretically get crowds of 10k
Also the last time falkirk played killie at rugby park their was 11k

Hows that for a crowd w**k ya auld c**t?

46 minutes ago, Lex said:

Horrendous figures for Scotland, again. What are we doing so badly wrong?

Maybe "caring more" and having a hard and fast rule of only relaxing restrictions after another country did, rather than doing what was the right thing at the right time for us wasn't such a good idea after all. Who knew?

Those "Reckless Toarrrrrries" don't look so reckless right now.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

A good few people have contacted MSPs and mentioned it on here, mostly to sneering responses about how it will make no difference tbh. 

A lot of people are mad keen to avoid "politicising the pandemic" when what they really mean is, dont question the performance of scotgov in the greatest crisis anyone (bar the few remaining from WW2) has ever seen no matter how inept, contradictory and shambolic, because they want Scotland to be independent. 

I want Scotland to be independent. I've wanted that for close on 40 years. Doesn't mean I agree with the utter shitshow of useless c***s we have in power just now.

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
3 hours ago, The Master said:
People need to start lobbying their SNP MSPs in the hope of creating a backbench rebellion. 

Eh? Get involved in politics? When it's much more effective to post on P&B? You're joking, yeah ? Way to misjudge the room, mate.

Ive written to my local politicians and got a copy and paste answer that didnt address a single concern. Not everyone is allowed to play an active part in politics so that’s the most I can do. Plenty time to post on p&b and send a polite yet ignored email to our infallible leaders. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I honestly don’t think there is a major political party in Western Europe less likely to experience a backbench rebellion on any issue than the SNP. The Scottish Government could propose a cull of the first born and they’d vote for it.

You just need to look at twitter and other online sources to see just how absolutely entrenched the ‘dont question the leader’ stuff is in the SNP. Of course lots of parties have this approach but with the SNP its absolutely through every single level from the top to the grass roots. 

Going by today's figures, I assume vaccine passports will also be required to enter those safe places like schools where the kids don't get it?
image.png.bcc0dd56b31723c118ef2475cc41cd7b.png
Screenshot_20210902-185433_Opera.thumb.jpg.ba926a762e1211128ca7795fe9bb08a3.jpg

I think my ‘favourite’ part of the entire pandemic was when kids were being sent into school for a pointless Monday/Tuesday before the Christmas relaxation, and John Swinney claimed that kids were actually less likely to get Covid in schools than at home.

5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

My kid's P7 teacher can't spell grammar either.

And from the Aberdeen city education newsletter I received today.

image.png.3444a2ae20f97044d31973b37b7acfb4.png

That’s a classic example of someone spelling a word how they say it. 

Like “could/would of” and “top draw”.