Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm more sanguine about it. People can wear whatever they like - they could be in a scuba outfit if they wanted. 
It's the sense that some people are trying to guilt or shame people into following their lead in masking up that bothers me. 
This is it. Live and let live and all that but it has to work both ways.

I'm more sanguine about it. People can wear whatever they like - they could be in a scuba outfit if they wanted. 
It's the sense that some people are trying to guilt or shame people into following their lead in masking up that bothers me. 
That's perfectly fair if someone calls a non mask wearer out for not wearing one but if they are quietly going about their business and not interfering in mine then it's fine by me.

If masks end as hoped a week on Monday I will be done in this thread. It will be officially over and life will go on to the latest crisis. I for one will stop caring right there and then what anyone else is doing Covid wise. Might as well move it to PnB Gold.

These people, man. They need psychological help because of government and 'public health' fear fuelling over the past two years - not keeping it against the law to buy a pint of milk without having your face covered.

Virologist Prof Richard Stanton said he would be surprised to see restrictions disappearing, saying "England set the tone" by getting rid of them and the Welsh government has a "fine line to walk".

He cautioned on BBC Radio Wales Breakfast: "We are seeing a rise in cases as restrictions are starting to lift and this increase is spilling over to hospital increases at a time when the NHS is already stretched".

Prof Stanton, of Cardiff University, said the concern was that people would "think it's over" and with the likelihood of new variants emerging, these could spread more rapidly with no restrictions.

Alex Osbourne of Disability Wales is also "very concerned" about the prospect of masks no longer being a legal requirement as well as self-isolation rules disappearing.

The 31-year-old from Caerphilly has multiple sclerosis and believes those who have needed to shield have "been forgotten".

Alex Osbourne is worried about the implications of changes

She said: "People at risk may have no choice but to come into contact with some people who are Covid-positive, and at the same time masks are going.

"People really want to start going out and feeling positive. It's quite a shock."

Ms Osbourne urged people to keep washing hands, and if they have a cough or cold, be mindful of who they are meeting.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

If I see anyone wearing those hilarious face screens again, I'm of the mind to stop and simply point and laugh incredibly loudly. 

There's a couple of workers in the Asda in Inverness who wear them.  They look fucking ridiculous. 

Nobody wearing a mask should be abused or looked down on at all. It’s a completely personal thing. 

however, government need to understand that if they keep up messaging that masks are necessary to stay safe whilst lifting the legal requirement, they’ve just created conflict throughout society. 

The reality is with this government is that if masks actually made a material difference to transmission or severe illness they wouldn’t be lifting the legal restriction. The messaging is purely so they can’t be seen to be abandoning their cautious principles and the people who support it. 

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nobody wearing a mask should be abused or looked down on at all. It’s a completely personal thing. 

however, government need to understand that if they keep up messaging that masks are necessary to stay safe whilst lifting the legal requirement, they’ve just created conflict throughout society. 

The reality is with this government is that if masks actually made a material difference to transmission or severe illness they wouldn’t be lifting the legal restriction. The messaging is purely so they can’t be seen to be abandoning their cautious principles and the people who support it. 

Absolutely - meek messaging and half saying things without spitting it out and being firm and assertive helps no-one.

Sturgeon forever bragged about being unashamedly “candid” when it came to scariants or bad news, but now it’s going the other way it’s all smoke and mirrors without having the stones to be honest about it.

The Coronavirus Act expired in England at midnight. It's history.

Meanwhile, in Scotland... How are our tinpot administration's plans going to make much of it permanent?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Hilarious oaky. You should be on the TV.

Preferably one where the volume doesnt work.

Reveal hidden contents

Sensible Chuckle GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I bought a telly once with a broken volume control.

Such a good price though, I couldn’t turn it down.

Why on earth would you want to have to check you've brought your credit card or that your insurance company will honour your claim before you get hospital treatment?
How can that possibly help anything?
You'd have the exact same staff, on the same wages, the exact same structure and the exact same management. Except now you'd have some of the money coming in going to the pockets of private investors as dividends. How on earth can that help either?
Seriously, what am I missing here?

It’s clear as day that he actually doesn’t know how the NHS in Scotland works, or indeed functions on a day-to-day basis, compared to someone who works in it.

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Must admit, I’d be more concerned about the abuse “granny killers” will suffer for no longer wearing a mask when the mandate is dropped 

None, likely, as they don't get any just now.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Humza laying the foundations for another bed shitting...

Always a Friday. Always ahead of an announcement... What price a data issue on Monday?

The Scottish Government and their diddy advisers have led to Scotland setting UK infection records! Those masks continue to do bits!

Only last week Sturgeon was spraffing that NATO shouldn't rule out a no-fly zone in Ukraine to look cosy in the eyes of Zelenskyy and Ukrainians. Somewhat ironically it looks like we're heading to be the only country in the North Atlantic keeping masks, though. That's how much she cares (about optics). Surprised she's not reminded Ukrainians to remember their masks on their evacuation transport.

Steps that could lead to global conflict between nuclear states = good

Removing bits of cloth from faces for a glorified cold = bad

The Scottish Government, ladies and gentlemen.