Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

I am pretty sure he is talking about in Italy itself. Where sky do control serie a

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Diego is in Italy I think and they do have the domestic rights.

8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

snap

Fair enough.

22 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That's the Bahrain and Vietnam Grands Prix cancelled, along with the Masters in golf. I can see birth rates rising in December at the rate people are going to be forced to stay inside with nothing else to entertain them.

Not in the pie and bovril demographic.

Is anyone going to have a word with the Chinese to see if they're going to continue to live with, then eat thier livestock, particularly bats, snakes, civet cats etc?

True, but why not do it according to the actual situation at the time? We need to get the balance right between caution and continuing life, seeing as we're past the point where we can contain it.

Absolutely agree.

All grassroots football cancelling is too far. We need to get kids outside and being active.
Yeah if you can’t cope without leisure pursuits for a few weeks you're definitely mental. 
This isn't going to be a few weeks.

Is the peak not predicted in 9-13 weeks? This is a few months severe restrictions as an absolute minimum.

Schools will be closed next week or the one after, and then it's buckle in time. No events, no football, shite telly.

We're going to need communities to come together here and try to keep things as normal as possible.

State of some of these c***s in Aldi just before.
Fucking idiots
No one panic buys like the Brits
Tesco had no pasta or paracetamol but everything else was fine.

They just need to put sensible restrictions on things. The supply chain will be fine for a while at least, so folk should be prepared without going overboard.

Any c**t piling loads of anything needs a good talking to.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not in the pie and bovril demographic.

Is anyone going to have a word with the Chinese to see if they're going to continue to live with, then eat thier livestock, particularly bats, snakes, civet cats etc?

I'm tempted to tag Viking TON in relation to this so he can splurge a post out about how great the Chinese system and way of life is, followed up by a barely relevant Father Ted quote. Maybe it's because I've never had any pets. I don't get it.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

We're going to need communities to come together here and try to keep things as normal as possible.

Do you mean actually talking to other people, neighbours, strangers etc?

It'll take more than the apocalypse to get me to do that.

Am i also the only one that thinks it would be much better to get it in the next week or two?

The nhs is gearing up big time and the hospitalisation numbers are still pretty low. Plenty of ventilators of you get a bad dose.

But in 4 or 5 weeks, and then for a month or two after that? Fucking hell that could be grim, especially if you've got a dodgy immune system or you're pretty old.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Do you mean actually talking to other people, neighbours, strangers etc?

It'll take more than the apocalypse to get me to do that.

You talk to lots of strangers on the internet though. This could be the gateway drug to actual conversation. I spoke to my neighbours the other day to apologise for Mrs Par smashing up their car when she was parking. It went pretty well. 

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm tempted to tag Viking TON in relation to this so he can splurge a post out about how great the Chinese system and way of life is, followed up by a barely relevant Father Ted quote. 

Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on...

11 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Aye, shared with DAZN. The lack of Diletta Leotta on TV is the biggest consequence of the virus if you ask me. diletta.jpeg

Is she the young lady that had some... ahem... videos circulating a few years ago?

2 hours ago, bendan said:

True, but why not do it according to the actual situation at the time? We need to get the balance right between caution and continuing life, seeing as we're past the point where we can contain it.

That's what they said in Italy and they have taken the decision to contain it - the fact that they locked down one region then a day later said naw that's not enough and locked down the country speaks volumes. 

We're heading toward exponential growth of new infections. Why wait till we're in a worse position before taking these measures. Take them now and they start to be effective immediately. We're going to have to do it eventually, we're not some lucky country that is going to get through this unscathed. 

We don't have the health care resources to all catch this at the same time. So we need to flatten the curve to ensure when people do catch it there are resources to deal with them. 

In hospitals in Italy right now they are taking the decision who to intubate and who jot to based on comorbitities. Basically deciding which person is going to die because they can't put both on a ventilator, because there aren't enough ventilators. Maybe best we try not to reach that situation by acting now?