Coronavirus (COVID-19)

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seems like maybe stating the obvious here and its maybe been discussed already but it really does seem to me, the more names and numbers you see testing positive, that this might already be absolutely rife all around us. It just seems like the case that we are probably looking at a high ratio of undetected cases until eventually its passed to someone who really suffers, and gets tested, or worse hospitalised.

Starting to wonder if we are already at the stage of massive infection rates and just dont know it

We are. Read the article I posted earlier

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca?fbclid=IwAR2zHmrHvi1gVuyLdtuXH7r28Lwmqc9W32EAyATn2STccd6WCTV2luSJdcc

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Am i also the only one that thinks it would be much better to get it in the next week or two?

The nhs is gearing up big time and the hospitalisation numbers are still pretty low. Plenty of ventilators of you get a bad dose.

But in 4 or 5 weeks, and then for a month or two after that? Fucking hell that could be grim, especially if you've got a dodgy immune system or you're pretty old.

Point is if we lock down now we stop the crazy growth of cases meaning that when we do eventually get it there are plenty of resources to deal with it as any 'normal' dangerous public infection 

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

That's what they said in Italy and they have taken the decision to contain it - the fact that they locked down one region then a day later said naw that's not enough and locked down the country speaks volumes. 

We're heading toward exponential growth of new infections. Why wait till we're in a worse position before taking these measures. Take them now and they start to be effective immediately. We're going to have to do it eventually, we're not some lucky country that is going to get through this unscathed. 

We don't have the health care resources to all catch this at the same time. So we need to flatten the curve to ensure when people do catch it there are resources to deal with them. 

In hospitals in Italy right now they are taking the decision who to intubate and who jot to based on comorbitities. Basically deciding which person is going to die because they can't put both on a ventilator, because there aren't enough ventilators. Maybe best we try not to reach that situation by acting now? 

I understand the point, and I agree we need to act. I'd be fine with matches being played with no spectators and put on the TV. But if we say it's too dangerous to work and we all self-isolate, we're going to have food shortages and crippled services. And we'd still end up with a spike, just later on when people stop isolating. We need to reduce contact and risk, but stopping it altogether might not work the way we want it to.

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Is she the young lady that had some... ahem... videos circulating a few years ago?

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Get some links pm'd immediately please. 

Thank you. 

She appears to be okay at the moment and is enjoying a ski holiday.

SPORT-PREVIEW-Diletto-Leotta.jpg?strip=a

1 minute ago, bendan said:

I understand the point, and I agree we need to act. I'd be fine with matches being played with no spectators and put on the TV. But if we say it's too dangerous to work and we all self-isolate, we're going to have food shortages and crippled services. And we'd still end up with a spike, just later on when people stop isolating. We need to reduce contact and risk, but stopping it altogether might not work the way we want it to.

Ideally the young and fit will get out and about and build up herd immunity without overwhelming the NHS, while we oldies and sickos hide away for a bit.

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Point is if we lock down now we stop the crazy growth of cases meaning that when we do eventually get it there are plenty of resources to deal with it as any 'normal' dangerous public infection 

Unless you're planning to spin this out over decades, there aren't plenty resources to deal with it. No matter what pans out, lots will die.

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Get some links pm'd immediately please. 

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

No longer care about this virus, willing to let my computer take the brunt to see these vids.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I found this one where she has her puppies out:

Reveal hidden contents

I too was mildly disappointed.

diletta-ok10.jpg

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

She has a 'presence' on ygerbil............

Phone under the workdesk and on private mode and a quick google tells me my memory is functioning far too well in this instance. I most certainly will not be sharing the links via my works computer.

Tesco had no pasta or paracetamol but everything else was fine.

They just need to put sensible restrictions on things. The supply chain will be fine for a while at least, so folk should be prepared without going overboard.

Any c**t piling loads of anything needs a good talking to.
Baby wipes and toilet roll

Lentils and canned food seems to be getting hit next.

Deliveries we are not keeping up with

Today was a shambles.

Humans are c***s . Pass it on

Am i also the only one that thinks it would be much better to get it in the next week or two?

The nhs is gearing up big time and the hospitalisation numbers are still pretty low. Plenty of ventilators of you get a bad dose.

But in 4 or 5 weeks, and then for a month or two after that? Fucking hell that could be grim, especially if you've got a dodgy immune system or you're pretty old.

Ward 42 is full to the max and they are now using ward 18 and 19 and are struggling.
This according to my neighbour who works in ward 19.

Just heard an Italian doc getting interviewed on the World Service saying he has a 49 year old in intensive care who was fit and healthy with no underlying health issues who is fucked by the illness. The doctor went on to say he thinks there may be a couple of different strains of the virus. 

He also said he hopes Ross. gets the worst strain for not sending me any links to that ladies' videos. 

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Baby wipes and toilet roll

Lentils and canned food seems to be getting hit next.

Deliveries we are not keeping up with

Today was a shambles.

Humans are c***s . Pass it on

That's how we got into this mess.