Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Similar one about no food in the shops from next Friday going around. 

Time to see if the old fishing rod is still out in the garage and also hope against hope that there's still Brown Trout in the burn.

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Farms looking for workers...👩‍🌾

How about no you Brexit voting red-necks?

👩‍🌾🤷‍♂️

Ha Ha! God works in mysterious ways.     

Oh all right then, circumstances often change in ways no-one could have forseen.

Get your hands dirty and put your backs into it, you brexit thickos.

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I didn't realise until yesterday that prelim results were no longer used in the event the final exam couldn't be sat?

Why do they still do them then?!

FWIW, my brother once asked me what the point of going back to school was after he had sat his final prelim.  He genuinely thought that they were the proper exams and that 'prelim' was just another name for Standard Grades.

My mum also once asked me "do you not have prelims around about now?", to which my (honest) answer was "we've already had them". 

38 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
46 minutes ago, The Naitch said:
Picked up what I reckon is a cold but, with having an underlying condition, I'm now self isolating for 14 days. Let's see what this daytime TV I keep hearing of is all about.

Prepare to be crushingly disappointed.

I've already given up on it. Thank f**k for box sets.

36 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Depends how high her expectations are.

Reported for misgendering.

31 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
46 minutes ago, The Naitch said:
Picked up what I reckon is a cold but, with having an underlying condition, I'm now self isolating for 14 days. Let's see what this daytime TV I keep hearing of is all about.

A place in the sun is educational.

My mum has that on a constant loop. I do enjoy laughing at all the middle aged gammons trying to buy houses in Spain that inevitably voted for Brexit.

21 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

She really is an awful, awful person.

12 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Farms looking for workers...👩‍🌾

How about no you Brexit voting red-necks?

👩‍🌾🤷‍♂️

"help feed the nation" made it sound rather concerning until I read down and realised they're talking about soft fruits.

How society will survive without strawberries, raspberries and gooseberries is anybody's guess.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

"help feed the nation" made it sound rather concerning until I read down and realised they're talking about soft fruits.

How society will survive without strawberries, raspberries and gooseberries is anybody's guess.

Wonderfully well, I should imagine.

11 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Well, it's not going to be berry good.

Bishopbriggs Retail Park was very close to normal today. Nike store shut, as all Nike stores are. Normal service in Tim Hortons, I enjoyed a normal lunch experience, unlike my battle with Dobbies to do me a roll on link sausage earlier this week! Costa serving takeway only. Iceland normal, M&S normal, aside from the now usual scenario involving mince, pasta, and bog roll. No panic, just normal shoppers doing normal shopping. Only fly in today’s ointment was an absolute cnut of a twenty-something lassie in her cunty Vauxhall Corsa, flying at 100mph the wrong way up one of the car park spur roads. One-way arrows clearly painted, came straight towards me through the no entry signs at her end of the spur, brakes slammed on, as she flies into a parking space with her window wound down, and utterly shite dance music blaring out of the open window. Fcuking boot. I had a word. Enough said. Let’s now get on with the more important things.

Edited by pozbaird

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Bishopbriggs Retail Park was very close to normal today. Nike store shut, as all Nike stores are. Normal service in Tim Hortons, I enjoyed a normal lunch experience, unlike my battle with Dobbies to do me a roll on link sausage earlier this week! Costa serving takeway only. Iceland normal, M&S normal, aside from the now usual scenario involving mince, pasta, and bog roll. No panic, just normal shoppers doing normal shopping. Only fly in today’s ointment was an absolute cnut of a twenty-something lassie in her cunty Vauxhall Corsa, flying at 100mph the wrong way up one of the car park spur roads. One-way arrows clearly painted, came straight towards me through the no entry signs at her end of the spur, brakes slammed on, as she flies into a parking space with her window wound down, and utterly shite dance music blaring out of the open window. Fcuking boot. I had a word. Enough said. Let’s now get on with the more important things.

Good for you - scum, sub human scum. (Her, not you.)

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Equity release, travel insurance for pre-existing conditions and surprisingly affordable funeral plans. Listen to Radio 4 instead (except for the astonishingly ubiquitous The Archers).

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I heard and read various accounts of restrictions to buy only two or three items of the one product at supermarkets and small store not working, some people are still doing what they want. Stores having 30 minute queues and not enough staff to police the restrictions at the tills, staff being intimidated by customers etc.

That's the problem with these stories. I have no doubt that these things are happening occasionally, but each time I've been to the shops in the last week (three in total I think) it has been absolutely fine and there has been loads of stuff in stock. It only seems to be very specific things that are out of stock.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I heard and read various accounts of restrictions to buy only two or three items of the one product at supermarkets and small store not working, some people are still doing what they want. Stores having 30 minute queues and not enough staff to police the restrictions at the tills, staff being intimidated by customers etc.

Just give me the call, supermarkets. I am ready to impart justice on the British public.

Image result for inglorious bastars bearjew

Guest bernardblack
That's the problem with these stories. I have no doubt that these things are happening occasionally, but each time I've been to the shops in the last week (three in total I think) it has been absolutely fine and there has been loads of stuff in stock. It only seems to be very specific things that are out of stock.

Agreed. Stuff like this going around just makes people panic even more.

43 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

No "Jam tomorrow" then.