Coronavirus (COVID-19)

34 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

My old man was a teacher, and used to advise student teachers/probationers that it didn't really matter if you got on with the Head teacher, but it was vital to get on with the jannies. This is pretty much true in every walk of life.

This is spot on. My primary school was one of those flat-roof affair of which a fair number seem to have been built at the same time in Scotland in the mid-70s. Obviously this meant a shitload of footballs ended up there. The Jannie would fire up there on the last day of every term to get them down. The extent to which you were a wee dick dictated what you got: 

Good guy: Adidas Tango

Average: Orange Captain's Ball

Wee Dick: Those 50p fuckers that swerved in about 20 different directions in a slight breeze. 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No they still lie like f**k they just dont pretend to hide behind principles.

Absolutely, both ends are as good/bad as each other IMO.

If I can rest easy at night then I'll do or say what I want, if something would make me toss n turn I'd try and desist from doing or saying it. 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Wee Dick: Those 50p fuckers that swerved in about 20 different directions in a slight breeze. 

Sounds like those used in senior football now. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's a dig because the poster is implying that VT has no direct experience of teaching.

You'd have to hope that he doesn't. 

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

TBF there have been plenty of people employed as teachers to whom this could apply

I mind when I was going through teacher training we had a boy come in who was employed as a 'trainer' for Texas Instruments and was trying to punt graphical calculators to us.

He had been a pupil at Stewart's Melville, went to St Andrews for four years, then Jordhanhill to do his teacher training, then went back to Stewart's Melville as a teacher, then four years later went into corporate sales with TI.

He was giving us a talk about how a particular type of graphic calculator was great for "lower-achieving pupils... you know, the ones who might only get a B at Int 2". That was his idea of a low-achieving pupil. He had absolutely no concept of what a lower-achieving pupil in a typical state school in Scotland was like.

Meant to post this earlier - it'll have flew under the radar a bit I imagine, but last night the SFA performed something of a u-turn on football for u12s by now allowing it proceed on a contact basis. Since late December when we went into lockdown it had only been permissable on a non-contact basis.

This is a little confusing because to the best of my knowledge SG have never actually OK'd this.

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's a dig because the poster is implying that VT has no direct experience of teaching.

Our janny taught us how to balance a broom on one finger, he could get it on his nose but that was an advanced level none of us ever reached.

No teacher taught me anything as useful.

26 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Ahhhh I get you, thanks! I thought he was saying I'll get another one saying there'd been a mistake

Joking aside, I was miffed to get my blue envelope yesterday but now suspect that it's because I have a mild neurological condition which I didn't even consider might be a reason.  Although it has absolutely no chance of it being a Covid hazard, it would seem that it's been lumped into the same broad category as the worst forms of  epilepsy, the latter of which can apparently be triggered by a fever brought on by the virus.  As a result, I'll be seen as a Category 6 and given priority over the 60-64 age group.

Eta:  I never get offered a free flu jab though.  Is a fever is no longer a flu symptom?   :wacko: 

Edited by Hedgecutter

5 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Meant to post this earlier - it'll have flew under the radar a bit I imagine, but last night the SFA performed something of a u-turn on football for u12s by now allowing it proceed on a contact basis. Since late December when we went into lockdown it had only been permissable on a non-contact basis.

This is a little confusing because to the best of my knowledge SG have never actually OK'd this.

Is this immediately do you know mate? We're sending out youngest back to his class tomorrow. Might be nice if he can actually get a proper game

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

WRK with every second post being themed around the hatred of Tories, with a hilarious Tory attitude post demeaning the job of a lollipop person. 

Don't forget his anti- traveller racism which he refused to acknowledge when pointed out 

13 minutes ago, Steven W said:

The Scottish government loosened the restrictions on outdoor sport this week.