Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

As big ideas go...that's small.

You have no clue what certain kids are going through. What they have faced. What they have overcome.

My mum gave a talk at a special school last week and one girl, aged nine, was not allowed to go as she was feral. Raised with dogs, not potty trained (by NINE) barely able to speak. 

But yeah...f**k them and exclude them. That will work out well in the long term. Just reject folk from society as children. That will work a treat in the long term. 

Special schools are a different kettle of fish.

But what long-term difference is an inclusion officer going to make in a mainstream school? Wasters are gonna waste whether wee Janice has a HIG chat with them once a week or not.

• 1 month later...

That’s the AstraZeneca vaccine withdrawn over rare side effects. No doubt it’s saved countless lives worldwide but is no longer needed with the pandemic a distant memory at this point and alternative vaccines readily available if and when required, but I still think the anti vaccine weirdos will have a field day with this announcement. 

• 3 months later...

Tested positive this week for the f**ker. Severe back pain has accompanied the usual head cold type symptoms. Had it once before (Christmas 2023) and definitely have long lasting effects from that (fatigue etc). Hoping this doesn't mean more of the same. Yes I have had the vaccine x3.

Edited by Joe Terrapin

23 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Tested positive this week for the f**ker. Severe back pain has accompanied the usual head cold type symptoms. Had it once before (Christmas 2023) and definitely have long lasting effects from that (fatigue etc). Hoping this doesn't mean more of the same. Yes I have had the vaccine x3.

Quick question: why bother testing?

14 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

I didn't want to post in the unknown virus thread.

Fair enough. 

The reason I asked was that testing has largely gone away. It's not like the days when a positive test meant self isolating. I was (genuinely) asking why the test. 

Most folk I know who get this (or a cold or a flu) just ride it out now. 

On 08/09/2024 at 21:22, scottsdad said:

Many people, myself included, come into regular contact with elderly, frail people.

I'd have thought the possible ramifications of passing on the virus to someone in this demographic would not be lost on yourself.

On 07/09/2024 at 21:46, Joe Terrapin said:

We both had it last week and are now clear of it, but still knackered. It was like this the last time we had it, I just can't remember how long it took for the fatigue to disappear.

Edited by Soapy FFC

On 08/09/2024 at 21:22, scottsdad said:

The test kits I had all passed their  Use By Date  in April so I binned them.

Are people using out of date kits?

6 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Many people, myself included, come into regular contact with elderly, frail people.

I'd have thought the possible ramifications of passing on the virus to someone in this demographic would not be lost on yourself.

I understand the attitude, but if I had a bad cold or the flu I'd avoid contact too, so I probably wouldn't bother checking to see if it was Covid.

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Fair enough. 

The reason I asked was that testing has largely gone away. It's not like the days when a positive test meant self isolating. I was (genuinely) asking why the test. 

Most folk I know who get this (or a cold or a flu) just ride it out now. 

Huh. We can still pick up free tests at the library or the kids can get them at school - that might be a city thing but the Feds are sending 4 free tests to anyone who wants them again for the winter season.