Queens v Dundee

Last time we played Dundee at Palmerston we had 15 attempts at goal and Dundee had 14. This time Dundee had 13 and we had 4.
It's almost as if we aren't creating chances with our team full of defensive players. I blame Dobbie personally. He's clearly done at this level.

It really wasn’t a good game yesterday, the conditions didn’t help but we were on the back foot from the first minute basically. No complaints about the result.

We defended better yesterday, but there were the same frailties. Even before the goal the signs were there. There was a free header that Stewart tipped over the bar from a corner and Devine didn’t defend a cross ball in the first half that went narrowly by the post. Semple played fairly well and seen him on a couple of times coaching Devine through the game. Semple has earned his place for next week.

I can see the reasons for putting Petra in with his pace up against the Dundee centre halfs but it didn’t work. Oliver did more in his first 5 minutes than Petra did the 70 minutes or so he was on the park. The 3 at the back was much more like a 5 and with the midfielders not looking for the ball from the centre half’s, we were back to hoofing it long at every opportunity.

I’d definitely put us favourites for going down, next two games are massive.

Petra was awful yesterday. A bag of sand would have bounced off him when trying to control it never mind the ball. Looked very lightweight and had zero link up play with Dobbie. 
The starting team screamed out for Hamilton next to Dobbie to give their back 3 a physical challenge. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Flash said:
Last time we played Dundee at Palmerston we had 15 attempts at goal and Dundee had 14. This time Dundee had 13 and we had 4.

It's almost as if we aren't creating chances with our team full of defensive players. I blame Dobbie personally. He's clearly done at this level.

You think it's mad that a 37 year old player is getting questioned as done? Hemmings was getting it from all corners earlier in the season.

Without support, strikers are nothing.

You think it's mad that a 37 year old player is getting questioned as done? Hemmings was getting it from all corners earlier in the season.
Without support, strikers are nothing.
Anyone with any ounce of football knowledge only has to watch us to realise Dobbie isn't the problem. To say he's "done" is laughably ignorant.

On 16/02/2020 at 08:18, palmy_cammy said:

Sad to say, but unless we've emptied the arrogant p***k and his despicable sidekick I can't see me going to this.  I care far too much to watch them not caring in the slightest about our current predicament.

Just a grim state of affairs all round.

Be a long dark day afore in back, cold miserable feeling around the team, club etc. Johnstone hasn't got a clue!! Come on Billy put us oot o oor misery and his!! Were Doon anyway absolute pish!

3 minutes ago, fergie1061@24 said:

Be a long dark day afore in back, cold miserable feeling around the team, club etc. Johnstone hasn't got a clue!! Come on Billy put us oot o oor misery and his!! Were Doon anyway absolute pish!

giphy (19).gif

Don’t think he will be betting against Dundee this Saturday!

6/4 Dundee with Bet 365, fill yir boots £££££.
I will stay be there on Saturday supporting the team as usual and hoping for a miracle.Our teams in freefall unfortunately and I’m losing faith in Messrs Johnstone and Clark.Billy might have some big decisions to make very shortly or it’s The Seaside League for us next year!

Looks like the bookies haven’t seen how badly we have been performing recently!! 5/2 Morton this Saturday [emoji15] I know they struggle away from home but our confidence is at a low ebb!!

Personally I thought there was a very subdued atmosphere at Palmerston yesterday, it was a bit strange. Tbh I even thought Sir Stephen didn’t look particularly interested. I’ve said it before that he’s been a great servant to the club and his goals speak volumes for him, but he ain’t a Captain. He’d far rather moan at the Ref than bollock some of these players because by God they need it!

Needless to say this Saturdays game against Morton is a must win!! Let’s get behind the team and hopefully we can pull off a result.

2 hours ago, Sankasouthy said:

Looks like the bookies haven’t seen how badly we have been performing recently!! 5/2 Morton this Saturday emoji15.png I know they struggle away from home but our confidence is at a low ebb!!

Personally I thought there was a very subdued atmosphere at Palmerston yesterday, it was a bit strange. Tbh I even thought Sir Stephen didn’t look particularly interested. I’ve said it before that he’s been a great servant to the club and his goals speak volumes for him, but he ain’t a Captain. He’d far rather moan at the Ref than bollock some of these players because by God they need it!

Needless to say this Saturdays game against Morton is a must win!! Let’s get behind the team and hopefully we can pull off a result.

Dobbie not interested couldn't be more wrong he was very frustrated with the players around him, He is a class player at this level but needs more support and attack minded players to help him on the park.... 

On 23/02/2020 at 12:38, SueSue said:

Petra was awful yesterday. A bag of sand would have bounced off him when trying to control it never mind the ball. Looked very lightweight and had zero link up play with Dobbie. 
The starting team screamed out for Hamilton next to Dobbie to give their back 3 a physical challenge. 

Can see how Falkirk went down if he was the best they had to offer last season he ran about like a headless chicken with no no vision or ball control.... Very poor man's Faissel...