Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

scotlandisrael-634dda183f38913a3b6c1db74

If played right; Christie, Forrest, and Dykes on the attack could be deadly. Also allows Christie/Forrest (or Armstrong) to push out wide and McGinn move forward if we're trying to use the wings a bit more.

Worth mentioning that I fully expect Dykes not to score, and forever be written off by the usual suspects.

Cautiously optimistic for this one.  We seem to have as strong a team as we'd likely have, with no one significant dropping out (though I'd liked to have seen Shankland get more game time).

Our midfield should be far too strong for Israel.  Genuinely interested in what a centre forward with some height, pace, and confidence might do for us.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Does Dykes have pace? Don't think I have ever seen him play.

Aye, he’s got a good turn of pace about him. Runs the channels and wins his fair share of headers. Will be interesting to see if he gets the nod and how he fits with experienced international players.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Does Dykes have pace? Don't think I have ever seen him play.

Yes deceiving closes down defenders fast will bring the midfielders into the game by holding the ball up and laying it off as well as chasing the ball over the top. 

11 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Cheers. Be a good move for him and Scotland when you see how Tierney and Armstrong have progressed with better training, sports science etc.

He should move ASAP.

This is where people believe paper talk. Rodgers could sign McGregor no bother at all. Celtic would easily accept 15-20m and he would treble his wages. If this was serious on either side it would have happened. The Leicester midfield 3 are Ndidi, Tielemans or Maddison, they are not in need of a central midfielder, he arguably wouldn't get a start so Rodgers isn't pursuing this with any real intent.

He should move ASAP as I think he has done all he can at Celtic and if he wants to improve he needs to play at a more competitive level every week. Leicester would be great move and I would like it to happen but I take all links with players through papers with a massive pinch of salt.

37 minutes ago, ahemps said:

This is where people believe paper talk. Rodgers could sign McGregor no bother at all. Celtic would easily accept 15-20m and he would treble his wages. If this was serious on either side it would have happened. The Leicester midfield 3 are Ndidi, Tielemans or Maddison, they are not in need of a central midfielder, he arguably wouldn't get a start so Rodgers isn't pursuing this with any real intent.

He should move ASAP as I think he has done all he can at Celtic and if he wants to improve he needs to play at a more competitive level every week. Leicester would be great move and I would like it to happen but I take all links with players through papers with a massive pinch of salt.

Rodgers has literally said Leicester wanted to sign him. 

As long as he wasn't as anonymous as Brophy against Cyprus in Clarke's first game I'll be happy. There isn't really much options other than Dykes tbh. Unless Clarke gives Burke a shot *shudder*

This won't be a walk-over btw. They have some decent players playing at a good level. They let us know that in the Nations League. Our midfield is very, very good so surely to God that should be enough to get in behind them and won't have to overtly rely on a striker that's never played international football before*

*Before anyone jumps on this, I'm looking forward to Dykes in the future, but this is a massive step up from hoof-ball at the Spaghettihad.

Edited by DAFC.

Guest DAVIDB69

Do we still play mctominay despite him not getting much game time .

Being suggested that Celtic try for him on loan again as with them signing van beek he isn’t going to get much game time.

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

During his interview with Graham Hunter. 

Thanks for that, that would be way more believable than the sun or record. I do believe Rodgers likes him.

Sometimes I think papers come out with easy stories when there is no substance behind it. Apparently he was going to sign Ajer as well when he first went to Leicester. 

3 hours ago, ahemps said:

He should move ASAP as I think he has done all he can at Celtic and if he wants to improve he needs to play at a more competitive level every week. 

McGregor is 27, how much are we expecting him to improve? His window for moving on and lifting his game to the next level was about 3 years ago. 

24 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Being suggested that Celtic try for him on loan again as with them signing van beek he isn’t going to get much game time.

Any serious rumours I can see involve Fred leaving and van de Beek coming in, the only mention of McTominay getting limited game time is Darren Bent (!) talking pish in the Metro.

30 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Do we still play mctominay despite him not getting much game time .

Fred is likely to leave Man Utd which only leaves Matic to play the sitting midfield role so he should still get some game time.