Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

17 hours ago, LiviLion said:

scotlandisrael-634dda183f38913a3b6c1db74

If played right; Christie, Forrest, and Dykes on the attack could be deadly. Also allows Christie/Forrest (or Armstrong) to push out wide and McGinn move forward if we're trying to use the wings a bit more.

Worth mentioning that I fully expect Dykes not to score, and forever be written off by the usual suspects.

The classic Christmas Tree Champ Manager formation here.

I like it.

As I've said before, McBurnie clearly has no real interest in playing for Scotland. You could see it in his performances when he did play compared to those with Sheffield United (albeit partly down to the style of play too).

That's fine and completely up to him, but we have to stop pretending he's part of our plans, a bit like Steven Fletcher before him and also Ryan Fraser now. If they don't want to play, accept it and move on.

As if being an abysmal footballer wasn't bad enough, he opts to feature in a meaningless pre-season fixture on the bench for Sheffield Utd. instead of reporting for international duty. Should never be called up again. End of discussion. There are better strikers in Scotland who would die to wear the jersey.

McBurnie's just gutted he's eligible for Scotland.    If you didn't know better from his *cough* performances in a Scotland shirt you'd have thing he was trying to throw the game.    Not many players can look back at their international career with a record of losing every game they've started.   

I hope he gets some game time tonight to completely close the book on this scruffy, apology of a human-being.   

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I don't see what his age has to do with it. Harper has played for the U17s and U19s so surely the next logical step is the under 21s? Players develop at different rates.

I certainly don't think he should be thrown into the senior squad quite yet.

Mate think about what you just said there.  Take your time.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

McTominay played 37 times for Man Utd last season despite being out injured for two months, where on earth is this limited game time stuff coming from?  Donny van de Beek is a million miles away from him in terms of the type of player he is.

It comes from reality.  Check his minutes on the park, and appearances in the second half of the season.  Then get back to us, btw, 2000 minutes is considered bare minimum for a full-ish season.  

Guest bernardblack
They need to give him an ultimatum ahead of the next round of fixtures. If he doesn't turn up he should be told to GTF.

I’ve no issue with what he’s done tbh. Just don’t pick him again.

He’s not tried to hide how little he can be arsed

1771 minutes for McTominay.  Which is gash. Bare minimum is 2000 ideally 2500.  

In his 27 EPL appearances he totalled 424 minutes, an average of about 16 minutes per game.

People concerned about his lack of game time are right to be so.  Its teetering right on the edge of being at the point he would need to think about a move or a loan for a while, he needs to be getting a good solid 2500 minutes a season at his age, he's 24 soon.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

As I've said before, McBurnie clearly has no real interest in playing for Scotland. You could see it in his performances when he did play compared to those with Sheffield United (albeit partly down to the style of play too).

That's fine and completely up to him, but we have to stop pretending he's part of our plans, a bit like Steven Fletcher before him and also Ryan Fraser now. If they don't want to play, accept it and move on.

Ryan Fraser and Steven Fletcher you couldn't be more wrong about, but McBurnie should be told to GTF.

7 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
1771 minutes for McTominay.  Which is gash. Bare minimum is 2000 ideally 2500.  

In his 27 EPL appearances he totalled 424 minutes, an average of about 16 minutes per game.

People concerned about his lack of game time are right to be so.  Its teetering right on the edge of being at the point he would need to think about a move or a loan for a while, he needs to be getting a good solid 2500 minutes a season at his age, he's 24 soon.

He played 2453 in total in all competitions despite being out with a knee injury for 2 months.

Your 424 minutes is totally wrong - he played 1771 in the league, as you actually said above, which is 66 minutes per appearance. If he hadn't been injured he would no doubt have made it over that 2000 mark in the league.

As a comparison, when Darren Fletcher was a similar age back in 2007/08 he played 643 minutes in the league and 1191 in all competitions. He also missed a similar amount of time through injury that year.

Edited by craigkillie

16 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Mate think about what you just said there.  Take your time.

I think you're just trying to confuse me tbh.

As for McTominay, I've never been particularly impressed by him and if he isn't going to be playing for Manchester United I'd rather we tried a promising youngster in midfield like the boy Mallan at Hibs.