Scotland v Israel

Smokerson

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

Did your wife tell you she liked dykes and you've taken that the wrong way by any chance?

Oooft, to think that you actually thought 'yep, that zinger shows him!' after thumping out that tragic mess of a comeback.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ah, I passed 2 comments on him being shite in the first five minutes so it's an agenda. I take it you thi k I've an agenda against Ryan Jack too seeing as I wanted him replaced with Glen Kamara? 

No, I posted my thoughts and backed them up with why I thought that. If folk are happy with a striker taking a ball in and passing it straight back then that's fine, that's their opinion. I'm not and at international level, I expect more. He never really 'brought others in to play' he put the team back on the back foot constantly by releasing the ball straight back where it came from. 

Dykes' job was to win balls and bring others into play.  He did that fine.

Anything else you want to lay on him, blame the shite in midfield who couldn't lay a decent pass or cross on for him all night.

3 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Dykes did well in a thankless role.

Christie was at least trying to drive the team forward.

McGinn, perhaps a scraped pass mark.

McKenna very good. Completely marked Dabbur out of the game.

The rest were absolutely bowfin.

I agree with that assessment, although I’d add that I thought Tierney was solid at the back. 

Things we have confirmed tonight:
- Dykes is a decent front option
- Robertson can't play LWB
- Forrest can't play RWB
- McTominany can't play CB regularly
- McGregor should never start for Scotland again. Useless every time he puts on the shirt
- Ryan Jack isn't an international footballer.

I thought Jack was one of our better players tonight. He’s in the team to be a defensive midfielder. He did the simple things well and rarely gave the ball away. Our other allegedly more forward thinking midfielders were much poorer tonight.
Pretty much agree with the rest of your points.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Oooft, to think that you actually thought 'yep, that zinger shows him!' after thumping out that tragic mess of a comeback.

Genuine question since you obviously have some sort of major issue with Dykes.

Who would you have started up front tonight?

42 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
44 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
That was a brutal watch but I’m confident of a win in the play off game. 

You're a better man than I Gungadin

Hopefully by the time of the play off game fans (limited) will be allowed in. That atmosphere should lift the players 

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

I thought Jack was one of our better players tonight. He’s in the team to be a defensive midfielder. He did the simple things well and rarely gave the ball away. Our other allegedly more forward thinking midfielders were much poorer tonight.

Thought Jack was poor, he rarely played a forward pass, and even on the tv you could see options ahead of him. Clarke needs to have a word with him. The boy McRorie looks a better option at this moment in time  and he’s in the under 21’s

Just now, Rscot said:

Thought Jack was poor, he rarely played a forward pass, and even on the tv you could see options ahead of him. Clarke needs to have a word with him. The boy McRorie looks a better option at this moment in time  and he’s in the under 21’s

Scott McTominay is the better option.  Get him in his position and get a centre half playing at centre half!

6 minutes ago, Rscot said:

I agree with that assessment, although I’d add that I thought Tierney was solid at the back. 

Tierney didn't do much wrong defensively, but I didn't include him because apart from his one excellent cross field ball at the start, he consistently just punted the ball up the park. Not entirely his fault that one, but still, he should have more about him.

5 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Marshall too and I’d agree with your list of pass marks (although very good is a little kind to McKenna.) 

Fair play to Marshall, he didn't do anything wrong.

McKenna was clearly given one role tonight, and he did it perfectly (against a Bundesliga striker). Can't really ask for more.

Just now, RobbieD said:

Scott McTominay is the better option.  Get him in his position and get a centre half playing at centre half!

I’d play McTominay in Forests position, If it was the same formation 

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

That'll be Forrest and McGregor. Abject in almost every international.

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Tierney didn't do much wrong defensively, but I didn't include him because apart from his one excellent cross field ball at the start, he consistently just punted the ball up the park. Not entirely his fault that one, but still, he should have more about him.

Fair play to Marshall, he didn't do anything wrong.

McKenna was clearly given one role tonight, and he did it perfectly (against a Bundesliga striker). Can't really ask for more.

Our left side looked pretty solid defensively, our right, well it looked shite.