Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Just as well Dundee got that committee set up now as Budge’s ideas are dead certs to be accepted by the rest of Scottish football. 

Nelms currently being played like an accordion by Neil fucking Doncaster: you hate to see it happen.

1 hour ago, renton said:

We seem to be passing the peak of this wave, which would leave us on track for a nominal death rate by June.

I don't think we are. We may only just be starting to hit the peak now, or the peak could be a bit further away.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't think we are. We may only just be starting to hit the peak now, or the peak could be a bit further away.

Deaths have flattened out, if not slightly decreased. Either this week or next, it still leaves us coming out of this wave early June.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Secondly, if you can play football can you have a crowd at it? I'm no doctor but presumably if social distancing is removed enough to play football then some sort of crowd may be possible too. If on the other hand football gets played by testing players, you might be looking at closed door games. 

I think the social distancing aspect would be more of a problem for the crowd than players, the crowd (and I'm thinking about Saints) will be sitting in close proximity for 90 minutes (more realistically 110), and what happens when someone has to get up for a pee during play, the half-time melee at the toilets (sorry to pursue this theme) or when we score maybe not too big a problem for St. Mirren-0.

I can't see crowds being allowed back before a successful vaccine program has been completed - I'm thinking next season's a gonner & it'll be 21/22 before we can restart.

Edited by btb

1 minute ago, btb said:

I think the social distancing aspect would be more of a problem for the crowd than players, the crowd (and I'm thinking about Saints) will be sitting in close proximity for 90 minutes (more realistically 110), and what happens when someone has to get up for a pee during play, the half-time melee at the toilets (sorry to pursue this theme) or when we score maybe not to big a problem for St. Mirren-0.

I can't see crowds being allowed back before a successful vaccine program has been completed - I'm thinking next season's a gonner & it'll be 21/22 before we can restart.

I think it probably is more of a problem for crowds than players, although the amount of jostling at free kicks and corners would be an issue. I agree you are not going to get large close proximity crowds any time soon. Other countries and indeed Scotland before complete lockdown briefly were allowing up to 500 though. Thats manageable in the lower leagues with spacing inside grounds. Its a problem in the top league and maybe the championship.

The two issues though if you did allow lower league with sub 500 crowds are the bottlenecks at toilets (& catering I suppose but you could just not open that, people will cope for 2 hours) and more especially at turnstiles. Yoh could just open an exit gate and allow walk ins with spacing but how do you then control numbers and ensure payment. There would certainly be hurdles to sort.

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Deaths have flattened out, if not slightly decreased. Either this week or next, it still leaves us coming out of this wave early June.

Far too early to tell if they've flattened out yet. It needs to be over a sustained period.

7 hours ago, Snafu said:

Which happens at all levels of football either a business or an individual putting money into a football club it's nothing new. If there's investment and sustainability then it can't be a bad thing for a football club.

How much in debt are Inverness again?

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

18 is far too much.

I’m not even sure 14 or 16 is a good idea.

Aye it is but it would be the most Ayr United thing to end up promoted to the premiership for a season which will be likely be delayed or played behind closed doors lol.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

18 is far too much.

I’m not even sure 14 or 16 is a good idea.

Well, there’s 15 on the reconstruction group and they’re gonna have 2  meetings at each ground, 30 in total. That a good start for you? 😉

PS - they’re off to a good start, using a photo of Cappielow in their announcement! 👍