The SPFL recommendation?

The bigot sisters have been absolutely desperate to get their "Colt" sides into the league (and we all know why). I can see them using this crisis to get what they want - if an expanded league gets them there, they'll do it. Expect it to last 2-3 years before they change it back anyway. 

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

The bigot sisters have been absolutely desperate to get their "Colt" sides into the league (and we all know why). I can see them using this crisis to get what they want - if an expanded league gets them there, they'll do it. Expect it to last 2-3 years before they change it back anyway. 

Any change to the top flight brings a change to the voting structure, hopefully you wouldnt have fucking cowards like Stewart Milne fucking everyone over to maintain their "majority vote" (when Rangers died the rest of the league tried to change the 11-1 voting structure, but Aberdeen sides with Celtic to vote against it).

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any change to the top flight brings a change to the voting structure, hopefully you wouldnt have fucking cowards like Stewart Milne fucking everyone over to maintain their "majority vote" (when Rangers died the rest of the league tried to change the 11-1 voting structure, but Aberdeen sides with Celtic to vote against it).

Tbf Aberdeen have been Celtic’s bitches for years and we shouldn’t be surprised by that.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's absolutely pathetic. Happy to stay under someone's else's boot as long as others are under theirs.

12 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

But, but, but - they're only acting in their own self-interest like every other club surely?

Embarrassing stuff from captain birdseye once again. Dundee are doing what's best for dundee just like the other 41 clubs are doing what's best for them. Why should one be treated as outcasts. Guys a complete muppet.

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

Its fairly simple. We have no income coming in and it takes approx 2 months before any clubs get the furlough money but we have still to pay 20%, of the wage bill. Rovers are operating a hybrid system forfar are all part time so i can imagine 3500k could well be a god send for them unfortunately the Rovers who i believe r approx 40k a month for wages so you can see the different points of view , Falkirk will probably be paying more than anyone else so they will probably be in the same position as the Rovers

You don’t don’t need to pay the 20% if you furlough. If the club / company cannot afford to to so, there is no requirement to do so. So that part does not need to drain your clubs resources.

SD
These are the agreed payouts for full season, will post what’s left to be paid
Ladbrokes Premiership
1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

Ladbrokes Championship
1st - 2.25% - £562,500 
2nd - 1.90% - £475,000 
3rd - 1.60% - £400,000 
4th - 1.30% - £325,000 
5th - 1.00% - £250,000 
6th - 0.90% - £225,000 
7th - 0.85% - £212,500 
8th - 0.80% - £200,000 
9th - 0.75% - £187,500 
10th - 0.70% - £175,000 

Ladbrokes League 1    
1st - 0.50% - £125,000 
2nd - 0.43% - £107,500 
3rd - 0.35% - £87,500 
4th - 0.34% - £85,000 
5th - 0.33% - £82,500 
6th - 0.32% - £80,000 
7th - 0.31% - £77,500 
8th - 0.30% - £75,000 
9th - 0.29% - £72,500 
10th - 0.28% - £70,000 

Ladbrokes League 2    
1st - 0.27% - £67,500 
2nd - 0.26% - £65,000 
3rd - 0.25% - £62,500 
4th - 0.24% - £60,000 
5th - 0.23% - £57,500 
6th - 0.22% - £55,000 
7th - 0.21% - £52,500 
8th - 0.20% - £50,000 
9th - 0.19% - £47,500 
10th - 0.18% - £45,000

And they really make the point as to why the top flight doesn’t want to expand the league any further. Another two teams in the bottom tier would require around £100k in prize money, which would have to come from the top flight. That would render their business model completely unsustainable.

Embarrassing stuff from captain birdseye once again. Dundee are doing what's best for dundee just like the other 41 clubs are doing what's best for them. Why should one be treated as outcasts. Guys a complete muppet.
Why is voting no the best for Dundee?

14 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Chairman doing yet another u turn on the vote, as telling fans Abd we’re voting no. 24 hours before deadline changes to a yes ( information direct from friend who is a shareholder in Abd) 

I think the week before the vote when McInness was on the radio and all he wanted to talk about was Celtic deserving to win the league was quite telling. He should be focusing on Aberdeen and not Celtic.

Guest SJP79
3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

And they really make the point as to why the top flight doesn’t want to expand the league any further. Another two teams in the bottom tier would require around £100k in prize money, which would have to come from the top flight. That would render their business model completely unsustainable.

Too bad, they'd just have to adjust thier business model.

I find it nuts that 100k would make it unsustainable, how about pulling more from the ones who can afford it like the old firm.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As far as Rovers fans i,ll be in the minority on this but I actually agree with you to an extent.Find some of the stuff he comes out with a bit cringey

9 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

As far as Rovers fans i,ll be in the minority on this but I actually agree with you to an extent.Find some of the stuff he comes out with a bit cringey

Our recent chairs have been dreadful. Early days for the current one and only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf if Andy Mill can get £50k out of people at these tough times, many of who will be below there normal earning capacity, you never know.

He must be very good at influencing people.

I wonder if he’ll do a similar thing if the people who gave him money are struggling to pay bills etc if it ever comes to that ??

52 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just doesn’t seem right to me mate. I think Andy Mill could have pulled this when it became evident that fans were starting to lose jobs due to the time this situation could last and offered fans the money back.

What part of "the fans asked for this to be set up" do you not understand? 

The stipulation from the club has always been that fans must look after themselves first and only donate if they can. 

Going by your daft logic, folk should be able to claim cash back from Bob Geldof if they lose their job or hit hard times. 

Edited by Ebanda's Handyman Services

18 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:
34 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why is voting no the best for Dundee?

Have a read of the article why yhey were against it they posted on their website. I cant be bothered looking for it again.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Have a read of the article why yhey were against it they posted on their website. I cant be bothered looking for it again.
So you agree that that was complete BS and it's all about keeping Dundee Utd in the league then?

Sounds like a legit reason to screw the rest of scottish football.

100% agree with our chairman.

Guest Ecosse83

Any solution they come up with can't involve relegation now, after the mega f**k up those relegated would go to town on Lawlell and his mouthpieces!

15 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

What part of "the fans asked for this to be set up" do you not understand? 

The stipulation from the club has always been that fans must look after themselves first and only donate if they can. 

Going by your daft logic, folk should be able to claim cash back from Bob Geldof if they lose their job or hit hard times. 

The situation in Ethiopia had been going on for years before Bob Geldof done his thing - people were starving ffs.

Andy Mill waited 2 mins before he started this. 

I can’t believe you are comparing people starving in Africa to people being asked to pay footballers that are being paid out with budget.