The SPFL recommendation?

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Reconstruction was dangled by the SPFL for voting this through. Some may say cynically. 

The Premier can however easily sink it as the vote requires 11-1. 

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

To be fair, if it was dangled as a carrot to induce clubs to vote for this proposal, I wouldn't be trusting them one bit unless there was something concrete on the table.

Reveal hidden contents

The fact we'd squeak into the championship as club 27 under these proposals is irrelevant here.

As said above, I don't see it being voted in. 

Premiership sides have reduced income this season now, and were promised a record amount of the record prize money next season. That would be reduced with two less teams, and presumably would come with a caveat of extra relegation spots the next season. Either that or we move permanently to 3 divisions of 14, not sure how they'd react to that.

26 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Listening to Clyde 1, seemingly they didn't have to have the vote in by 5pm. The whole shower of them at the SPFL should be sacked. 

I had been wondering about that, Bill Clark was pretty emphatic in the FFP that there wasnt a deadline.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Anyone not voting by 5 should've been taken as an abstention. You cant keep a vote open till u get what u want.

You got 28 days to vote, 5pm was simply the earliest voting point.

Like when you vote on election day. You get until 10pm to vote, but the polling stations open at 9am. 39 clubs rushed to the door at 9am to vote.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Premiership sides have reduced income this season now, and were promised a record amount of the record prize money next season. That would be reduced with two less teams, and presumably would come with a caveat of extra relegation spots the next season. Either that or we move permanently to 3 divisions of 14, not sure how they'd react to that.

Yep. I'm not confident it would pass at all. Just saying that if the idiots at the SPFL weren't prepared to make an attempt to make it happen, they shouldn't have used it as an incentive to push for yes votes and ICT are entirely correct to call out their shite.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hearts then wont vote till the latest they can meaning the result cant be called till every vote is in. Could be on for a long wait till they can come up with the final scores on the doors.

They dont technically need Hearts vote though.

Guest Ecosse83

Even if this does get voted through it won't happen now. They can't publish results before all votes are in. 

They are a disgrace!

Edited by Ecosse83

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Word on BBC Reporting Scotland is that the one club left to vote are suggesting to vote no, which would sink SPFL proposals. The SPFL; "and they LOSE" was the news reporter's final words.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Surprised if they all voted. Under company law they had 28 days to vote. Only one club exercising this right would have forced the count to be delayed.

55 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

League 1 and league 2 have sufficient to vote it through . It's a single  championship team vote that will confirm yes or no. 

Aye, but is it the team or the company that's voting?

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So introduce a new structure after the positions of teams are known. That means clubs did not know what they were playing for and could not make strategic spending decisions as they were not aware 14,14,14 was possible. Utter carnage. If that goes through you can keep Scottish football because that is too many times they have screwed up. 

I was going to say unbelievable, but it actually isn't

31 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah  that's what I thought. Doncaster heading up to Inverness with a was of cash in one hand, and a warm set of warmed wooden balls in a bag in the other.

Is that counted as an "essential journey"?

Asking for Heart of Midlothian.