Ground improvement/works thread

On 27/03/2023 at 12:15, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It is a shame, i hope they get the lease to the ground, but i do take solace that that rrg muppet is upset, hopefully hes only sad for a while though. 

East Dunbartonshire Council have a dark culture of secrecy as well as being mendacious and sleekit. I have no idea why it's taken so long - the (rubbish and secretive) cooncil website still says the ground is 'expected' to be ready in October 2022.

Granted the club have been innocents abroad over these past ten years but even if The Roy get the lease, if I see any smug councillors wearing brand new scarves posing for press pics at the first match, I may not be responsible for my actions.

32 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

East Dunbartonshire Council have a dark culture of secrecy as well as being mendacious and sleekit. I have no idea why it's taken so long - the (rubbish and secretive) cooncil website still says the ground is 'expected' to be ready in October 2022.

Granted the club have been innocents abroad over these past ten years but even if The Roy get the lease, if I see any smug councillors wearing brand new scarves posing for press pics at the first match, I may not be responsible for my actions.

When do you expect to hear from them? Been dragging on for a bit now? 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

When do you expect to hear from them? Been dragging on for a bit now? 

No idea. I'm just a supporter, not on the committee or anything. My local councillors don't reply to emails either.

Chronic lurker and closet KRR fan here - latest public info I can find is "The Kirkintilloch Community Sports Complex is now substantially complete. A final section of the works to finalise the bund arrangements on the site will continue during Spring 2023 though this will have no bearing on the operation or occupancy of the remainder of the site." (March 2023 on the council website)

I'm under the impression that there's an NDA (which is not uncommon when there's multiple stakeholders involved) though I cant substantiate this. Looking forward to making attendance part of my weekly routine.

2 hours ago, Pareidolia said:

Chronic lurker and closet KRR fan here - latest public info I can find is "The Kirkintilloch Community Sports Complex is now substantially complete. A final section of the works to finalise the bund arrangements on the site will continue during Spring 2023 though this will have no bearing on the operation or occupancy of the remainder of the site." (March 2023 on the council website)

I'm under the impression that there's an NDA (which is not uncommon when there's multiple stakeholders involved) though I cant substantiate this. Looking forward to making attendance part of my weekly routine.

The whole saga makes east dunbartonshire council look like a clown show, ive got a lot of time for RR, hope it comes out in their favour.

32 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The whole saga makes east dunbartonshire council look like a clown show, ive got a lot of time for RR, hope it comes out in their favour.

Who all is known to be looking at running it if bid successful or is this not available to the public?

On 02/05/2023 at 21:56, theesel1994 said:

Who all is known to be looking at running it if bid successful or is this not available to the public?

Glasgow City were rumoured to be among those who were interested in being the lead team involved.

On 02/05/2023 at 12:26, PossilYM said:

Hopefully the Kirky Stadium is open in time for the Wosfl being relegated next summer.

Need an emoji where the wee bloke has his hands over his face shaking his head, that I can use for all your wind up moments. 

😉😉😉

This all do for now.

13 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Glasgow City were rumoured to be among those who were interested in being the lead team involved.

No issues with them using it but RR should be the main tenants. Being a Kirky team an all.

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

No issues with them using it but RR should be the main tenants. Being a Kirky team an all.

You would hope so-but the way this saga has gone who knows!

I presume Rob Roy have no preferential status re the bids and just go into the pot with everyone else?

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Need an emoji where the wee bloke has his hands over his face shaking his head, that I can use for all your wind up moments. 

😉😉😉

This all do for now.

Leaving aside my wee digs at blazers* the KRR stadium story is a complete farce that's ran on for years. Hopefully it ends soon.

Also the Crownpoint Sports Centre saga should also be sorted out by the start of next season. Either Finnart Star or Clyde will be playing there. That one in particular could be a real goer if the teams who wins the gig can get on field success especially with it being within walking distance of Glasgow city centre.

* never knew the LL chairman worked for the Sun newspaper.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

I presume Rob Roy have no preferential status re the bids and just go into the pot with everyone else?

From what I heard before moving away and since suggests it's an open bid.

RR will get no special treatment. Maxi knows all the crap that they had to put up with from EDC. The time and effort that man put in for no reward was heartbreaking at times.

9 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Leaving aside my wee digs at blazers* the KRR stadium story is a complete farce that's ran on for years. Hopefully it ends soon.

Also the Crownpoint Sports Centre saga should also be sorted out by the start of next season. Either Finnart Star or Clyde will be playing there. That one in particular could be a real goer if the teams who wins the gig can get on field success especially with it being within walking distance of Glasgow city centre.

* never knew the LL chairman worked for the Sun newspaper.

I'm with you brother. Have no time for the tie and blazer types, always at the forefront for photo ops and the like.

Is it tonight Clyde are having a meeting there?

Not been there for a few years so can't recall the layout. Will it work having a footie stadium with the running track? And is there enough parking and facilities for multi events.

He writes freelance for them does he not.

2 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Don't suppose, by chance, that there are any local elections coming up soon? 

Edited by Dev

11 hours ago, Dev said:

Don't suppose, by chance, that there are any local elections coming up soon? 

Sadly not - though being brutally honest I don't think this saga resonates with many locally, partly due to demographics, partly historically underutilised community engagement by the club, partly the fact that they've been away for many years. On the other hand I do think that if KRR return, they have a better opportunity to develop a fan community than they did at Adamslie Park.

I wouldn't be averse to KRR and Glasgow City/other being co-tenants though you'd think a SWPL team would want to be in a more central location given their stage of football development.

• 3 weeks later...

"...Kirkintilloch Community Sports Complex where all works are now substantially complete and handover is due in May 2023."

I guess its imminent. Rumours are that KRR are returning to Kirky.

Interestingly KRR (or at least whoever runs their FB page) have said in a comment "Decision was made back in December but no official announcement has been made yet until contracts are in place", which would be a strange thing to say if they weren't successful, I speculate.